The Pursuit of Happyness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pursuit of Happyness Reviews

June 1, 2017
A tale that wears its heart on its sleeve, The Pursuit of Happyness will touch you and brighten your day.
½ May 14, 2017
The pursuit of happiness - so many have thought its all about the money being protrayed. I feel the movie has made the point right - It is about the pursuit from believing in yourself, and when you succeed through hard work (regardless if you are talented or what not) and persevance that is, happiness.
April 25, 2017
can I try this movie?
½ April 23, 2017
The Pursuit of Happyness may be predictable, but Will Smith's performance makes it a reasonably affecting and heartfelt drama.
April 21, 2017
Not the best movie I have seen
½ March 18, 2017
It loses it's pace in the middle, but makes up for it in the end. Very emotional film. Bound to make you cry.
March 3, 2017
Tearjerker... not for me though!
February 11, 2017
This movie is spectacular. I don't understand why this movie has such a low rating. The performances, plot and emotions are all amazing. This movie deserves a lot better. It's uplifting and pretty dang entertaining too.
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ February 2, 2017
What sells this movie is the acting by Will & Jaden Smith.
½ October 27, 2016
Occasionally melodramamatic but mostly emotionally wrenching, the heartfelt performances of real life father and son, Will and Jaden Smith make The Pursuit of Happyness one of the greatest films based off of a true story ever made.
October 19, 2016
Five stars hands down! One of the greatest movies ever!
½ September 25, 2016
You will be inspired, if only to attempt to do a rubic cube one more time, but it is inspiring how this true life event unfolded. Played with heart by Smith and son.
August 13, 2016
It's wonderful... u will surely love the character role played by both the smiths......
August 5, 2016
A bit boring but goid
½ July 27, 2016
It was heart felt and good
½ July 10, 2016
Not even Will Smith's acting ability can save "The Pursuit of Happyness" from plainness and some pretty ridiculous plot points.
½ July 9, 2016
Will Smith pours his heart and soul as Chris Gardner in "The Pursuit of Happyness", an inspiring - albeit emotionally exhausting - true story of a man who became a millionaire from nothing. While I don't think this is a bad film, I found it quite exhausting to watch. The Smiths' performances are quite remarkable, but the journey leading up to his success is really painful to watch. It's a good film in its own way, but it is not a film I would watch over and over again.
June 5, 2016
It's a good movie, but it wasn't very enjoyable. There's so much rejection, sadness, and struggle that even after the the redemption, you still feel a little low.
½ June 2, 2016
Will Smith's heartfelt performance, The swift cinematography, and the films light-hearted message saves The Pursuit Of Happiness from old school melodrama