Queen of the Damned - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Queen of the Damned Reviews

May 17, 2017
If you're a fan of the book, you most likely will not like this movie. It's nothing like what Anne Rice wrote. But if you like sexy vampires and awesome music, you just might love it.
April 21, 2017
I don't know. The acting was stilted and weird, like they were trying to channel the goth classic The Hunger... but the story was pretty good.
March 5, 2017
I love this movie... its fun and atmosheric.... and it has the best soundtrack ever..
½ February 4, 2017
One of my favourite vampire movies. Awesome soundtrack. Not really a true sequel to Interview With The Vampire, so best not to watch it with that film in mind.
½ November 10, 2016
Horrible....the only word to describe it. The books were amazing....this is a piece of crap
October 13, 2016
Full of half drawn characters, and an undercooked plot.
August 1, 2016
Admittedly the book is pretty hard to put into film, however this film strips all of the beautiful and intimate complexity that made the book good. It's an embarrassment to Anne Rice that it has to be associated with her work.
July 30, 2016
I watched Interview with a Vampire so many years ago I don't even remember it. I ran across this sequel and decided I'd give it a go even though they skipped a book between the two. This is mainstream vampire fluff; average effects with a lesser than average story. Guy forms a band to have fun and wreck havoc on his people. Leads to predictable outcome. Aaliyah showed lots of pluck as the Queen. Not much stands out.
July 5, 2016
Aaliyah did a great job along with Stuart Townsend in this. Loved the rock and roll side of LeStat. Stuart did a awesome job with it. Definitely pulled off the sexy side!
June 28, 2016
One of the best Vampire movies ever created. Sensual, frightening, humorous, and emotional.
½ June 16, 2016
After watching this movie I'm convinced that the screenwriters/director didn't feel like faithfully adapting Anne Rice's story so instead they just decided to tear out about a 1/3 of the book's pages (the ones that would've made the movie's plot make sense) then they each took turns wiping their asses with the remaining 2/3 of the book before handing the mutilated shit stained corpse in the form of this awfully made movie to the audience. As you can probably gather from reading my review I don't like this movie very much in fact if I could rate this movie lower than half a star I would. My advice? Don't watch this movie because, it's not bad in the entertaining way it's just bad.
½ June 12, 2016
Not the worst movie ever made, but certainly a runner up ,if not, top five for sure. Maybe it's the go-for-broke MTV injected production value, or maybe it's just the really, really bad acting attacking my senses throughout the picture. Obliviously you want to judge for yourself, but you've been warned.
June 5, 2016
Yes, plenty of eye candy. Lots of biting; that's what the audience gets turned on about. Still, read the books. They're a lot scarier.
April 30, 2016
Following 'Interview With A Vampire' with this monstrosity is a shame. Poor acting (all around), poor visual effects, poor plot, etc. etc. It's hard to believe there was a worse movie than the Twilight saga. This is it. Sad that Aaliyah died with this as her final artist work. Rating 3.5 / 10
March 8, 2016
Four stars just because Claudia Black is in this.
½ December 30, 2015
Average but fun...

...but the soundtrack ~?~?~?
½ September 21, 2015
Gothic hard rock publicity stunt that is for real & about as credible & coherent as the weekend vampiricists who all take themselves too seriously.
½ July 28, 2015
You can get more entertainment from standing in line at a grocery store. Do not watch.
½ July 19, 2015
If you are ever in the mood to watch a really bad movie you made a great choice. I've seen some bad vampire movies but this one really is the queen of the bad. But at least it's better then those stupid Twilight movies.
½ July 19, 2015
Hooey-rific. Passingly interesting story that just is wrapped up in so many bad vampire cliches. The budget for velveteen must have been tremendous!