Quiet City Reviews

• Nov 11, 2012

The second film from director Aaron Katz, Quiet City is an ode to genuine, loving human interaction. The story of two would be/could be lovers that incidentally cross paths in New York, the film is as quiet and modest as it's title suggests. The lead actors give competent partially improvised performances as their characters meander through the city getting to know each other and enjoying life in the patient and unpretentious way that many of us never find in another. The trust and ease that these characters give each other is infectious and illustrates the simple beauty that can be found in normal everyday life when we give it the chance. Nothing big or outrageous happens in this film and that's the point. Why spoil something so wonderful?

• Aug 09, 2012

A quiet, poetic gem of a film. Wonderful, naturalistic performances from both leads, and the story is subtly engaging and effective.

• May 06, 2012

I don't think this was a bad movie at all. It was simple and innocent and very genuine. A real feeling to the movie and great actors for getting nothing in return. I have heard it was made on a 2000 dollar budget. And for that and the simple little intimacy it had to it i applaud. Definatly rent first, but if your in a simple casual mood and want to look at the smaller details of a simple connection you should look this up.

• Apr 30, 2012

before sunrise?not quite ....im really not sure of this movie..

before sunrise?not quite ....im really not sure of this movie..

• Mar 20, 2012

first Mumblecore works i've, not bad ... but not great .

first Mumblecore works i've, not bad ... but not great .

• Nov 15, 2011

I remember liking this quite a bit.

I remember liking this quite a bit.

• Nov 01, 2011

Watching this movie in class put me in a really good mood. It's such a beautiful movie with it's simple script and unique imagery of NYC. I loved this.

• Sep 12, 2011

Just right. I don't even really care what happened to Samantha.

Just right. I don't even really care what happened to Samantha.

• Aug 07, 2011

Everything a faithful, lo-fi, micro budget Scott Pilgrim should've been...and then some.

• Jul 29, 2011

Shot on a $2,500 budget.. A mumblecore flick, heavily inspired by "Before Sunrise", though falls short on many aspects, mainly because of the completely improvised dialogue, which most of it was nonsense that should've been edited out, which also lead to some poor acting that shows heavily on the screen. There was also the almost total lack of cinematography, which made it look like an average home video, not something that's been shot on HD, with the exception of very few scenes. Another aspect that totally intensified the movie's amaturish feel is the terrible sound, it wasn't professionally done, leading to that home movie feel once again.