Radio Flyer Reviews

• Jun 13, 2019

Awesome classic movie from my childhood

Awesome classic movie from my childhood

• May 08, 2019

An excellent movie for families and children. I am surprised by some of the negative and off-putting comments and reviews. It would appear that many people are so needy of CGI tricks that merely excellent story and plot lines are no longer required! The two brothers are the real wonders in this movie; their escapades remind me of my brother and I when we were young. But now, childhood is not so simplistic and eventful.... computer games and social networks rob children of their childhoods. Too bad....but perhaps that is why I loved the movie so much...it wasn't so full of unreality that I couldn't believe the story. And...the two brothers were completely endearing.

• Feb 26, 2019

I want to personally find the director of this movie and force him to build a cardboard airplane and fly off a cliff.

• Feb 13, 2018

One of THE best movies ever made, IMO (right up there, and similar to, The Sandlot). Saw this during my childhood, but still think this movie is timeless. It's a movie literally anyone would love. BTW - what's up with the critics score? Seems like they just weren't paid to rate it higher. They don't make movies this good anymore.

• Sep 01, 2017

Radio Flyer is a disappointing film. It is about a father who recounts a dark period of his childhood when he and his little brother lived in the suburbs. Elijah Wood and Joseph Mazzello give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Richard Donner did a horrible job directing this job. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Mar 12, 2016

Just a hair underrated, the boys did well done.

Just a hair underrated, the boys did well done.

• Jul 27, 2015

A unique family film that is equal parts enchanting and uncomfortable to watch

A unique family film that is equal parts enchanting and uncomfortable to watch

• Jul 13, 2015

This is a great film! It's really sad, but also really magical. I remember this from when I was a kid and it took me away. I watched it again recently and it transported in the same way again.

• Apr 06, 2015

The material is hard to watch while the movie itself is equal that.

The material is hard to watch while the movie itself is equal that.

• Mar 05, 2015

For those critics that find this movie appauling, clearly don't undertand what it's like to be a child victim of abuse. The fantasy world is definitely where the child's mind would go when something like this happens. The movie shines on that very well. Whatever Donner did or didn't intend the ending to mean, the point is the movie touched on a subject most people would like to shove away. The kids did a great job portraying brothers, who live in what really is a "normal" family. As sad as that is.