Rambling Rose Reviews

• Jul 11, 2020

As far as I was concerned the emphasis was on the Rambling.

As far as I was concerned the emphasis was on the Rambling.

• Jan 15, 2020

Absolutely overrated

Absolutely overrated

• Jan 04, 2020

So close to a perfect movies in all regards, the acting, the direction, the production values, great story, and the tone and emotion are pitch perfect.

• Sep 23, 2019

Beautifully acted, engaging story.

Beautifully acted, engaging story.

• Jul 25, 2019

One of my all-time favorite films!

One of my all-time favorite films!

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Apr 09, 2019

Dern is great. However, the movie attempts to be a straightforward character study but that is undermined by it's consistent tone problems.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best movie ever made!

The best movie ever made!

• Sep 20, 2018

Basking in Southern nostalgia, Martha Coolidge's adaptation of Calder Willingham's novel about a naïf domestic help whose promiscuity unbosoms her deep-seated sense of of insecurity and unlovability is a mellowly bittersweet story of sexual innocence and debonair springtime inevitably withered.

• Sep 05, 2017

Rambling Rose certainly has its individual moments. Rose unintentionally corrupting the two Hillyer men. Dern and Duvall's stellar performances. The point it makes about men controlling women. Unfortunately, Rose is an incredibly vexing character, and not is the way the movie intends. Are we supposed to be sad for her? Love her? The movie seems to want that, but I don't. Ultimately, it's a boring, sappy and pointless period drama.

• Jul 23, 2016

La belleza retratada con precisión, además de una excelente historia, hacen de este filme una maravilla y un clásico de inicios de los años noventa. Otro acierto interpretativo del dueto Robert Duvall y Lukas Haas.