Realive Reviews

• Apr 19, 2019

I did not expect this movie to be so thoughtful and very high production quality. The acting was great and I was amazed how fast it went mainly because it makes you think.

• Oct 28, 2018

Disturbing, unsettling to watch, and utterly ludicrous, Realive is a terrible movie and a complete waste of time.

• Oct 24, 2018

and very good it was too, despite many reviews to the contrary. Took me about half an hour to work out the main man was Prince Albert!

• Aug 26, 2018

A brilliant film: set 80 years into the future where even death can be cured...with enough wealth. But what good is cheating death if everyone you have ever loved is now just a memory? The protagonist was brought back...but the future is so alien...he can't help but feel so alone. Tough call. This sci-fi will make you confront this dilemma head on. Very deep. I would place this amazing piece of work with the likes of, "Moon" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"...a thinking man's kind of sci-fi .

• Jul 23, 2018

I'm loving sci-fi films at the moment, and I really enjoyed this. Struck me as a feature length Black Mirror episode, and I love Black Mirror, so was all for it.

• Jul 20, 2018

A really dry film. Had a good concept but was waiting for it to get going the whole film

• Jul 16, 2018

A pretty dark movie that shows fragility of life...

A pretty dark movie that shows fragility of life...

• Jun 27, 2018

This movie is not really about a sci-fi future of cryo-freezing and rewakening. Its really an examination about what makes life worth living in the first place. Is it relationships, friends and family, career success, love? Faced with these questions, the main character chooses death, twice. The people he meets in the future each pose a different perspective on the same elements; love (the nurse), friend and family (the hospital staff), career (the doctor and the investors) . Are the brief moments of happiness from these things enough to make life worth living in spite of pain and suffering? Realive exists in a dark place. For anyone who's can relate, its an interesting journey and perspective. If you haven't, consider yourself fortunate, but you may not get much out of this movie...

• Jun 16, 2018

This is a beautiful, yet sad film. If you're looking for a emotionally moving, real life, heart felt, sci-fi film (only sci-fi as far as the medical technology) then this is it. A wonderful look at someones life lived, and makes you reflect on your own.

• Apr 09, 2018

Wow, what a massive embarrassing failure. Extremely disappointing. A movie with a great, fascinating idea that I'd love to see explored in depth in an interesting narrative, that completely misses the mark because of a bunch of flashback footage. Seriously, it felt like during the production they filmed too much flashback footage, and then had to actually use it all to pad out the movie. There's a flashback montage every five minutes, it really felt like that. And the terrible kind too. A perfect, TV commercial kind of flashback footage. Besides the flashback overload, the movie was completely obsessed with its own disgustingly mundane and uninspired love story. It kept pushing it as some sort of heartbreaking deal that's going to make the viewers cry their eyes out. A running theme in this movie was t he will to make the entire movie an emotional climax scene. It obviously didn't work. The movie's attempt at commanding me to feel sad at every moment was really awkward and unnatural. The initial intriguing idea got completely sidetracked and derailed by all the bullshit the movie kept shoving. Honestly, you can barely call this movie sci-fi, considering how much it loves dealing with anything other than sci-fi. The CGI and some of the visuals were actually alright. The acting was awkward and embarrassingly bad, the cinematography was TV commercial-tier, the music I completely forgot about, the flow of the narrative lost steam 15 minutes into the movie and then meandered around until the end. It felt like a short film that was padded out monstrously until it was long enough to be feature length. 10% sci-fi, 50% bad love story, 40% sickeningly pristine flashback footage.