Red 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red 2 Reviews

½ June 19, 2017
Scontato e prevedibile action movie che non va oltre al poco intrattenimento che ha da offrire. Molte scene vengono gestite con superficialità e convenienza, senza mai scavare nella sfera emotiva. Resta coerente con il primo film, anche se perlomeno riusciva ad offrire qualcosa di nuovo, cosa che in questo manca fin dal principio.
April 29, 2017
Not as good as the first but still fun, funny, entertaining, and action packed.
April 17, 2017
Not great, but still a decent sequel.
March 27, 2017
Enjoyable sequel that while not quite as fun as the original, should make fans happy. The cast is solid for the most part, with the returning members shining, especially Malkovich as the deranged Marvin while Mary-Louise Parker is delightful as Frank's girlfriend just wanting a little excitement. However, Catherine Zeta Jones seems wasted while Anthony Hopkins is surprisingly underwhelming, though Byung-hun Lee makes a remarkable American movie debut. Behind the camera, director Dean Parisot keeps the action moving, though the Hoeber's script is too complicated for it's own good, when a simpler story would have helped (one too many double-crosses). Overall, a fun sequel worth viewing, especially for fans of the original, though not quite as good.
½ March 11, 2017
For the most part, it's a satisfying follow up, but the endearing and charming sense of humor from the first film is replaced with more over the top.
½ January 19, 2017
A mostly disappointing sequel, Red 2 follows a movie that was no masterpiece, but was at least fun, made me laugh and had likeable characters. While this one has the same cast returning, the joke has worn thin very quickly. It does have a few instances which raise a smile or 2, perhaps even a giggle, but overall it's one of the most by-the-numbers thriller films of all time. Goons being mowed down by the hundreds, ridiculous plots, vaunted hitmen who can't kill people standing 10 feet away from them, baffling betrayals, it's all here. Bruce Willis looks more bored than ever, John Malkovich has lost his unhinged persona and is basically being dragged along for the ride, and the rest of the cast, while not terrible, simply can't hide the fact that they're conspicuously covering old ground. It didn't hold my interest for long, and each clumsily edited shoot-out sequence becomes less and less exciting. Watch the first one, don't bother with this lame sequel.
January 4, 2017
Not necessarily forgettable or memorable, but it sure was funny to watch the first time.
December 31, 2016
I just had to buy this movie, I feel it is a great, if not better sequel.
December 30, 2016
The first movie is better than this
December 3, 2016
A sequel sounds fun, but without a real spot it's just random scenes thrown together for fun.
December 3, 2016
"Red 2" continues the successful formula of "Red" with more of the same: spectacular action, plot twists, a great cast, subversive humour and a vibrating, realistic chemistry between the main characters.
½ October 30, 2016
Some of the fun of the original, but not much else.
October 20, 2016
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ
October 10, 2016
liked it! few laughs lots of action. like the plot of this series.
½ October 8, 2016
Entertaining and full of action. Great cast.
September 30, 2016
Red was so good I immediately qued up the sequel... And it did not disappoint!
August 8, 2016
Nothing beats the first one, but the cast does try to match the energy and spunk of the first. Anthony Hopkins is a delightful addition, as a mad scientist in need of protection. Helen Mirren shines yet again.
August 7, 2016
Despite some uncertainty about this one, I can say I liked Red 2 just as much; if not more than its predecessor. The cast is great, and seems to be having fun, the action is spectacular at times, and the plot is good enough to keep me entertained. I really enjoyed Red and Red 2, and would really like to see another film to make a trilogy
July 31, 2016
A Fun, Worthy Sequel!

Originally Written December 7, 2013--
Everything you loved about the original film is also right here in the sequel! Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, and Brian Cox are all back again and they are terrific. The only thing I didn't like about the film is the way things were a little too predictable. But it was fun -- and in a movie like this, that's all that matters!
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Just as good as the first all the cast were great and all added to the humour, The story wasn't as good and it's been done before hundreds of times and will be done again a hundred more, The action scenes were better than the first and were quite entertaining, Nothing new but entertaining and that's what movies like this are really about.