Red 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red 2 Reviews

½ March 11, 2017
For the most part, it's a satisfying follow up, but the endearing and charming sense of humor from the first film is replaced with more over the top.
½ January 19, 2017
A mostly disappointing sequel, Red 2 follows a movie that was no masterpiece, but was at least fun, made me laugh and had likeable characters. While this one has the same cast returning, the joke has worn thin very quickly. It does have a few instances which raise a smile or 2, perhaps even a giggle, but overall it's one of the most by-the-numbers thriller films of all time. Goons being mowed down by the hundreds, ridiculous plots, vaunted hitmen who can't kill people standing 10 feet away from them, baffling betrayals, it's all here. Bruce Willis looks more bored than ever, John Malkovich has lost his unhinged persona and is basically being dragged along for the ride, and the rest of the cast, while not terrible, simply can't hide the fact that they're conspicuously covering old ground. It didn't hold my interest for long, and each clumsily edited shoot-out sequence becomes less and less exciting. Watch the first one, don't bother with this lame sequel.
January 4, 2017
Not necessarily forgettable or memorable, but it sure was funny to watch the first time.
December 31, 2016
I just had to buy this movie, I feel it is a great, if not better sequel.
December 30, 2016
The first movie is better than this
December 3, 2016
A sequel sounds fun, but without a real spot it's just random scenes thrown together for fun.
December 3, 2016
"Red 2" continues the successful formula of "Red" with more of the same: spectacular action, plot twists, a great cast, subversive humour and a vibrating, realistic chemistry between the main characters.
½ October 30, 2016
Some of the fun of the original, but not much else.
October 20, 2016
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ
October 10, 2016
liked it! few laughs lots of action. like the plot of this series.
½ October 8, 2016
Entertaining and full of action. Great cast.
September 30, 2016
Red was so good I immediately qued up the sequel... And it did not disappoint!
August 8, 2016
Nothing beats the first one, but the cast does try to match the energy and spunk of the first. Anthony Hopkins is a delightful addition, as a mad scientist in need of protection. Helen Mirren shines yet again.
August 7, 2016
Despite some uncertainty about this one, I can say I liked Red 2 just as much; if not more than its predecessor. The cast is great, and seems to be having fun, the action is spectacular at times, and the plot is good enough to keep me entertained. I really enjoyed Red and Red 2, and would really like to see another film to make a trilogy
July 31, 2016
A Fun, Worthy Sequel!

Originally Written December 7, 2013--
Everything you loved about the original film is also right here in the sequel! Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, and Brian Cox are all back again and they are terrific. The only thing I didn't like about the film is the way things were a little too predictable. But it was fun -- and in a movie like this, that's all that matters!
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Just as good as the first all the cast were great and all added to the humour, The story wasn't as good and it's been done before hundreds of times and will be done again a hundred more, The action scenes were better than the first and were quite entertaining, Nothing new but entertaining and that's what movies like this are really about.
½ July 16, 2016
A wildly comedic and thoroughly amusing film could be helped put by a stronger plot. The acting is good and the general film is good but it doesn't quite fill the shoes of it marvellous prequel.
½ July 13, 2016
This isn't as funny or capery as the first and it's all the worse for it. You end up just feeling slightly uncomfortable at the body count, the casual attitude towards death, and apart from anything else, without the deliberately light-hearted context, when you start trying to take seriously a group of 60-somethings breaking into the Kremlin and generally butt kicking every security service on earth, it just doesn't work so well. Having said that, it retains the fast pace with quick location changes, the soundtrack is better than the first and there's a fair amount of action. It's actually alright, I just think they missed a vital ingredient.
July 10, 2016
The original was a little better but Malkovich is still a hoot
½ June 28, 2016
It's a pretty low-brow action production, with lots of geriatric actors, but at the same time they still have presence.