The Reeds Reviews

• Apr 15, 2020

Confusing with a dissatisfying ending.this film was all middle with overlapping storylines .could have been a decent movie but it was all a bit clever. Or perhaps not.who knows ????

• Apr 06, 2020

Well, there's an hour and a half I'll never have again. I have very little idea of what it was about, but won't waste any more time trying to find out.

• Oct 17, 2016

si tu le disparas a mi perro, te dispararía en la cara también.

si tu le disparas a mi perro, te dispararía en la cara también.

• Oct 30, 2015

Pretty dreadful. Bad plot, not all that well filmed and some average acting.

Pretty dreadful. Bad plot, not all that well filmed and some average acting.

• May 13, 2015

Visually lush British horror flick.

Visually lush British horror flick.

• Jan 13, 2015

If you kill my dog, I would shoot you in the face too.

If you kill my dog, I would shoot you in the face too.

• Sep 08, 2014

The Reeds (Nick Cohen, 2010) The Reeds is not a bad little film, certainly not one deserving of the kind of calumny it has received around the Internet (4.6 at IMDB, 10%[!!] at Rotten Tomatoes). It's nothing spectacularly original, but if you're looking for a somewhat understated supernatural thriller, this will do as well as most of your other options. A group of young-and-beautifuls head out of the city to spend a weekend boating in the middle of nowhere...but "middle of nowhere" turns out to be a much more accurate description than they were hoping, and the reeds are home to all sorts of the kinds of noises that make people wonder just how alone they are on the desolate moor. While the climax does get a touch ridiculous, that did not, in my estimation, detract from the basic enjoyability of the movie. It's empty calories, but it's an easily-swallowed ninety minutes that does not leave a nasty aftertaste. ***

• Sep 06, 2014

A decent movie that manages to have every genre cliche without falling into common traps. The characters are really well developed but make some of the dumbest choices I have ever seen in a horror film. One girl shoots a flare gun inside the boat. I mean...what? The deaths are believable and horrifying, often making me gasp in shock, but are ALWAYS caused by somebody doing something idiotic. Still, the movie has guts and ambition, just not the brains to back it up. The plot tries to take twists and turns, but in the end nothing makes sense and I was left with a feeling of disappointment at how fast the air left the balloon.

• Jul 27, 2014

I found this movie very hard to follow and very uninteresting.

I found this movie very hard to follow and very uninteresting.

• Dec 27, 2013

What a disjointed and confusing mess.

What a disjointed and confusing mess.