Repossessed Reviews

• May 06, 2018

With Linda Blair, this odd sequel is truly unique. Loved it as a kid, still love it to this day .

• Oct 03, 2017

Hilarious and Linda was a good sport, poking and making fun of herself.

Hilarious and Linda was a good sport, poking and making fun of herself.

• Sep 10, 2017

Although I'm pretty sure Linda Blair did this for the money (and she's the highlight), the end result is a cringey, sight gag overfilled time waster with maybe a quarter of funny quips. But as far as Exorcist spoofs go, it's high above the rest.

• Jul 31, 2015

This Exorcist spoof strains for an almost Naked Gun-like comedy status with its Leslie Nielsen cred, trying and failing to be funny.

• Mar 31, 2015

One maybe two laughs but otherwise worthless.

One maybe two laughs but otherwise worthless.

• Mar 05, 2015

"The Exorcist" is one of the greatest films of all time. "The Exorcist II: The Heretic" is one of the worst films of all time. Any other film bearing the "Exorcist" title (at least 3 or 4, I didn't bother counting) I haven't watched because II was enough. But...forgotten in the pantheon of films riding the coattails of that horror masterpiece is this "Airplane!"esque spoof of the whole thing. This film has a 0% rating, which I think is a little unfair. This film has some funny moments, but, like any "spoof" not directed by Jim Abrahams or at least one Zucker brother, it fails to come together into an entertaining "whole." Kudos to Linda Blair. At this point, numerous personal and professional difficulties (along with the moviegoing public being unable to see her as more than a vomit-spewing, spider-walking, backwards-talking devil-possessed teenage girl) had left her down and out in Hollywood. So she decides to star in a send up of the role that made her famous (and infamous). How very brave of her. She figured "I've got nothing to lose. I'll go for it." Admirable. And of course, Leslie Nielsen is the ONLY choice to spoof the "Exorcist" himself. Even in the worst "spoof," he managed to be a bright spot. Overall, not a bad little movie. Certainly better than "The Heretic.

• Aug 26, 2014

With all crotch and breast grabbing jokes that occur, it still would not be worthy enough to be considered as a spoof of the Exorcist! What the hell was this supposed to be!?

• Jul 18, 2014

I loved it for what it was ... a very shocking and strange bizarre and somewhat clever and funny spoof of an already bizarre and strange genre, in which there was a lot of very smarmy gags and stuff that went way over my head. Linda Blair gives the viewer a blurry sense of "is it a dream or is it reality" while The Priest is very classy and he never fudges a line or misses a trick. With the supporting characters all doing great work, back in 1990, that was rare. Sometimes people who are doing this kind of work will make the movie worse or cause problems. I am very very surprised at the kind of great things people will do in order to get some work done, I just don't get it. It's just a movie and the work done here was unreal but I don't think the same way as these guys or any movie guys, they do such a good quality job and for what??? it never ends. People breaking their necks for these "great works" and you see 12 year olds buying into it now, acting like a 37 year old at 11 years old. It's downright scary. But the movie was fun to look at but people who work in movies are scary and nuts...

• Feb 21, 2014

Sporadically funny Exorcist spoof fails to fully take advantage of the wealth of spoof opportunities the original film has to offer. The opening sequence to "Scary Movie 2" is a marginally better example of an Exorcist parody done right. But it is fun to see Blair lampooning herself, and she certainly looks as though she enjoys doing it.

• Jan 06, 2014

this is good if your into something thats gonna make you chuckle a little!! dont forget about it being dated. we are in 2014, this was 14 years ago...