Rio 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rio 2 Reviews

November 17, 2016
WTF this movie gets 65% and the other rio 2 gets 50 something %. Wow people do not have good taste in movies.
November 17, 2016
I want to see this movie
½ November 17, 2016
When I first started watching this movie I was optimistic. Rio was a stunning success. the villain was solid and the animations were the bomb. I thought, for sure, Rio 2 the sing along version would be even better. I was ready with a plastic microphone next to me ready to jam out with these tropical creature. but I was very disappointed. The songs could not hold my attention. I'll be the first to admit, as a 15 year old guy, I don't have the best attention span. But I even had an easier time singing along to Barbie and the Nutcracker than this. Not satisfied.
November 3, 2016
I really liked it. Watch it w/ my grandson and it's pretty funny.
October 17, 2016
Fun, if a bit flawed. The major thing I can say for it is, at least, that the plot of the first is not exactly recycled as such, though a version of it comes up with a twist. The animation was again spectacular, especially in the musical sequences. Plus, there were some good gags, and set pieces, and a relevant environmental message. Overall, it was a hoot that I enjoyed.

As I said, however, it was not without problems. For starters, none of the songs were really as memorable than those of the first film (I distinctly recalled "Hot Wings" from the first clearly after watching the film), and the plot has some issues. It seems to try to do so much that, in the end, a lot of the side characters don't get nearly enough screen time, and subplots came up and then seemed to be forgotten 10 minutes later (most noticeably the plot line involving Roberto and Jewel, and the one dealing with the rivalry with the scarlet macaws). Not film-ruining, perhaps, but it still could have done with a bit of a cut-down on the initial build-up, or an extra half hour or so to let everything breathe and resolve better.

Ultimately, I did enjoy it a lot, but at the same time, I can't see myself recommending it as readily as the original. It's not as bad or unnecessary as some sequels end up being, at least, and if you can overlook the fact that it's not perfect, either as a film or as a sequel to Rio, then you'll no doubt find it enjoyable.
½ October 5, 2016
Fun If Somewhat Overstuffed Sequel That Is Satisfying In It's Own Right
½ September 30, 2016
I personally think this surpasses the original by a long shot.
August 18, 2016
It was a very well done movie considering it was a sequel! It took on the same tone as the first movie except more bright and colourful, and more to do with the birds(and other animals). It makes a good sequel to allow the audience to feel satisfied with the first.
August 15, 2016
Far from his previous movie, i did not finish the movie.
½ August 12, 2016
Beautiful detailed 3D blu-ray musical animation makes up for the Rio-life-affected over-characterization of the bluebird characters, even though the disabled pirate-like parrot villain attack strategy seems a bit brief and interwoven with the logger's forest destruction, and also should have been extended another 20 minutes to make it a 2-hour animated film. I remember from my childhood years belly-laughing and seeing coconut bombs used as anti-pirate booby-traps in the cinema, the 1960 movie: The Swiss Family Robinson ;;
August 11, 2016
Rio 2 really is just as good as the first movie.
August 8, 2016
What the fuck is this? I don't care about the beautiful animation - Nigel is annoying in this, and I hate how Blu is whipped in what is obviously and unhappy bird marriage! Awful movie with awful lessons; don't let your kids watch!
July 27, 2016
Although nothing special, this amusing sequel is deliciously colorful and deserves more praise for its relevant environmental message than any narrative merits, even if it has considerably less clichés than in the first movie and we get a handful of inspired moments.
July 27, 2016
Cute and colourful.. was almost as good as the first.. Which is a real surprise as sequels don't normally live up to the first movie.. thumbs up from me
July 23, 2016
Better & more fun than frozen.
July 20, 2016
Great movie great music
½ July 17, 2016
A horrible sequel to one of my favorite movies -.-
July 14, 2016
A sequel is inevitable although it is slightly weaker compare to the first one. Tulio and Linda go into the jungle to release a bird they nursed back and they found more of Blue species. Meanwhile, Blu and Jewel along with their 3 kids still live in the city. Jewel see the news and wish to find the others. Rafael and Nico tag along. Illegal loggers (big boss Miguel Ferrer) are cutting down the trees. The family bumble along the way and found the other species. Blu found his father Eduardo (Andy Garcia) and he don't really like Blu urban style. Blu is also jealous of Roberto (Bruno Mars) the childhood playmate of Jewel. Nigel is now a fortune telling bird who is trap with a poison frog Gabi (Kristin Chenoweth) who likes Nigel and an anteater. Nigel saw the family flying and reignite his vengeance. After the previous accident he is saved but unable to fly anymore. Blu try to fit in but fail. He thought of taking a nut for Jewel as breakfast but unknowingly venture into another macaw species territory. The 2 sides fight it out in a football match. Blu is the last substitute and he score an own goal which lost the match 4-3. Blu is sad that Jewel and the kids want to stay in the jungle so he pack his bag and find Linda. Linda and Tulio are caught by the loggers and tied to a tree. Blu found them and save them. Roberto thought he is traitor and work with human. Blu tell him to warn the other birds as trees are falling. Blu unite the birds to fight the loggers. Even other animals and rival macaw helps. Blu take the dynamite up to the sky and Nigel latch on. Gabi prepare her poison dart and the anteater shoot but it hit Nigel instead. Then one of Blu daughter say Gabi is not a poisonous species of frog and she is so happy she hug Nigel which annoy him. The forest is to become protected area and Blu and Jewel with everyone else live happily there.
½ July 9, 2016
this movie was so boring to me. i think it should had just stopped at part 1. the first one was very good and entertaining. this one not so much. at least not for me.