Robin-B-Hood Reviews

• Mar 17, 2019

I shouldn't like this but I really did. It made me smile and laugh. Yah... the really fake baby in some scenes was a let down, but otherwise it was just plain fun Jackie Chan

• Jun 01, 2017

An average movie with a paper thin plot

An average movie with a paper thin plot

• Apr 25, 2017

Do u like Jackie Chan, and the way he thrives for the best takes he could get. Do u like Formulaic movies? I think this one's for you, assuming you like how entertaining he presents every single act, and the moves he had managed to pull. with all the rythmic timing and all.

• Oct 16, 2015

Review: This film was awful! The acting was terrible, along with the badly written script and the storyline was ridiculous. Its about 3 small-time robbers who take on one last job after losing all of there hard earned loot. Jackie Chan plays Thongs, whose the compulsive gambler out of the group and Louis Koo plays Octopus who likes living the lavish life but soon runs out of cash. The last member of the group Michael Hui (Landlord), saves his loot but it all gets stolen from his house so he convinces his partners in crime to take on a big job, to steal a baby for a big time crime boss. The baby turns out to be his grandson and after losing his son at the beginning of the movie, he wants the only connection to his son that is left. Whilst kidnapping the baby, Landlord gets captured by the police so the other members of the gang decide to wait for him to be released before they go ahead with the deal. The crime boss starts to get impatient and he sends out his thugs to retrieve the baby and kill the kidnappers. While all this is going on, the police is hot on the robbers tail because of there bad reputation as small time criminals. Anyway, Thongs and Octopus become close to the cute little baby and they decide that the babies safety is worth more than the hefty payday. As usual, the action scenes were impressive but the comedic storyline and weak acting was pretty poor. You can tell that it was made for the Western market because of its funky soundtrack and modern look but I found it to be more silly than entertaining. The baby is extremely cute and I can completely understand why these small time crooks got close to him but the far fetched action scenes contributed to this lengthy, poor movie. Anyway, I didn't enjoy the movie that much but the action scenes weren't too bad. Disappointing! Round-Up: This movie was directed by Benny Chan who brought you the great Shaolin, in 2011. He also directed Who Am I, which also starred Jackie Chan and Big Bullet, Gen-X Cops, New Police Story, Divergence, Invisible Target, Connected, City Under Siege and the White Storm. I'm not familiar with a lot of his other projects but he does have a high reputation in the Oriental market. I didn't find the comedy in this movie that funny and it did seem to drag after a while but the director did introduce other elements which made it barely watchable. At the end of the day, it's just another comedy based action movie from Jackie Chan but on the plus side, it did make back it's money at the box office so there's obviously an audience for these type of movies. Budget: $17million Worldwide Gross: $20.5million I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/comedy/drama movies with there usual Jackie Chan epic stunts and a Three Men and a baby type concept. 3/10

• Jul 21, 2014

6,5/10 typical chan movie, slightly weaker than his others

6,5/10 typical chan movie, slightly weaker than his others

• Jul 16, 2013

Slipper (Jackie Chan) is an acrobatic cat burglar with a knack for getting out of tight spots in hilarious ways. When he gets lured into a fishy plot to kidnap a baby, he'll need to think quickly and move fast to fend off police, mob thugs, and dirty diapers, while protecting the child... and his big payday. also stars Louis Koo, Michael Hui, Gao Yuanyuan, Chen Baoguo, Matthew Medvedev, Teresa Carpio, Charlene Choi, Biao Yuen, Andrew Wei Lin, Terence Yin, Kenneth Low, Hayama Hiro, Cherrie Ying, Ken Wong, and Lisa S. directed by Benny Chan.

• Apr 09, 2013

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 (2006) Rob-B-Hood ACTION/ COMEDY The set up is complicated but still straight forward which regards a couple of non violent burglars who steal for a living, but later owed a great deal of money to some loan sharks because of some bad gambling choices. There's an awkward situation regarding the two burglars robbing the hospital of some drugs and by chance happened to save a baby's life from a deranged lunatic. This very same baby is going to meet these two burglars later as they attempt to steal him again from the actual mother for the deranged father-in-law for clearing up some debts. The two burglars eventually cross hairs with some bad gangsters to retrieve the baby back and return it to it's rightful mother. Of course, if you haven't already know this by now the thin plot or dismissal plot device is only an excuse to show case some incredible set pieces as well as comedy and drmatic ones as well. Some of the amazing action sequences involve on top of a roller coaster which shouldn't be watched for people who have vertigo, and some more fake glass never shown in a Jackie Chan movie before. 3 out of 4 stars

• Mar 12, 2013

Robin-B-Hood is a fun family adventure that can be a bit cheesy but still a lot of fun. The stunts aren't as plentiful as those in his younger films but the comedy is on track. Chan is great but it is Louis Koo who really steals the show as Chan's sidekick Octopus. Robin-B-Hood offers great moral values with a somewhat ridiculous plot, just what we have come to expect from Jackie.

• Dec 25, 2012

Ok, this is more comedy than action and I was in an action mood so I wasn't overly impressed. It's basically two karate guys and baby, lots of hi-jinks and some great fights scenes that are few and far between. Disappointing but not unwatchable.

• Dec 25, 2012

This movie is so funny I love it!!! And is also a family movie :)

This movie is so funny I love it!!! And is also a family movie :)