RoboCop 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

RoboCop 3 Reviews

May 18, 2019
This is actually an intriguing way to end the series but it still has no sense to its context of what it is supposed to be
April 1, 2019
The last of the trilogy which feels utterly pointless and is very boring.
December 17, 2018
It's a good movie it has good one liners,a great score provided by basil polduris,and some intresting ideas sadly why i didnt give it a five is because robert john burke is just not peter weller,he try's his abosolute best but can't compare
August 21, 2018
I didn't think "RoboCop 3" was boring. People think it was, but I didn't think so. I enjoyed it a whole lot better than anyone else in this world. I know that Peter Weller never got a chance to play Alex Murphy/RoboCop one last time.
But Robert John Burke made a different robotic movement. Even the script has written was wrong and failed, but that was okay. Anyway, a mixed review and thumbs up for me "RoboCop 3".
July 16, 2018
Christ what a boring movie. I know an action movie of the calibre of the Robocop franchise has failed when I'm yawning and bored to tears throughout the whole movie. Also a lot of eye-rolling moments and parts that were supposed to be emotionally charged just had me burst out laughing at how stupid it was. And the fucking kid. Why the kid? Why in gods name is there a kid playing a major protagonist role in a Robocop movie? And she's a fucking genius computer wiz? Can we all just agree that the kid computer wiz trope is fucking stupid and never works? (save for maybe Cowboy Bebop). I mean, yeah there's kids in the second one, but the movie is brilliant in making the only major kid character a crime boss. It's so over-the-top, but somehow it works. I guess if you're a huge robocop fan like I am this is worth the watch, just to see how exactly NOT to do a Robocop movie. Also why the fuck is this pg-13???
April 9, 2018
Worst RoboCop film of all time, BAD. RoboCop & RoboCop 2 got this character right, hey who wants to see RoboCop get beat by 2 Ninja-Bots? Fred Decker needs to be smacked for embarrassing this character & directing this awful travesty.
March 29, 2018
Warning! This film is so terrible, it could make you throw up. It's that bad of a film.
½ January 16, 2018
Lol, I need those 2 hours if my life back...
½ January 13, 2018
Terrible horrid horrible movie.
½ December 14, 2017
Without a doubt Robocop 3 is cheesefest if there ever was one. Thats not to say there wasnt a great ammount of potential with their story, and im not sure if it was rushed into production, or if there was other production issues, but given enough time to actually flesh out their story I think Robocop could have ended with a bang instead of a wet fart. The story is promising, and even at times gives you a feeling of ALMOST getting pulled in. The number one problem is not getting Peter Weller back to play Robocop. No one has ever done Robocop better than him. And our "stand in" (i cant even remember his name) puts forth as good of performance as I believe he can, but when I see him move around it literally looks like a guy walking around clumsily in the giant suit. He just didnt have the acting chops to pull it off realistically. The whole Japanese company buyout of OCP was completly unnecessary, and while the idea of a Robocop flight pack seemed cool at the time, it was sorta tacked on for no real reason at all other than to sell action figures. Films like this at this time all suffered from this problem, hense the PG-13 rating for a HARD R franchise. Oh the days when rated R movies were marketed to children. This also goes for Robocop's completely meaningless hand cannon... litterally... he takes off his hand and puts on this giant cannon of a... thing. More nonsense to sell toys. If they could have found a way to keep Wellar as Robocop, spent more time perfecting the story and less time trying to shoehorn in as much toy merchandise that had no real purpose in the movie they might have actually had something here. But instead we get a watered down, SOFT PG-13 feature length toy comercial. After watching it for the first time in YEARS... its a little better then I remembered... but not much.
½ November 12, 2017
Robocop is great - part 3 is not.
Go watch the original instead of torturing yourself with this trash.
November 3, 2017
Not as horrible as I was expecting but pretty brutal.
October 4, 2017
Robocop fights a robot ninja assassin and gets a jetpack. I think this is the best robocop out of the entire series. It has a coherent plot rather than just pointless violence. I didn't care that much for the other two.
September 28, 2017
One of the worst action movies ever made, Robocop 3 makes the terrible choice to replace Peter Wellers with someone else whose name I can't remember and don't care about. The action is...okay, but the ninja robots are just stupid. The supporting cast do their best with a bad script, and honestly the only good things in this movie are the introduction of Robocop's Gun Arm and jetpack. Unfortunately, gadgets aren't enough to save this movie from a boring story and the limits of a PG-13 rating.
½ August 29, 2017
It is hard to top the original Robocop, While Robocop 3 did not top the original it was pretty decent, I liked Robocop's weapon arm and jetpack, it made him look like a badass, but my main complaint is that Robocop did not seem like the main character, I mean over 13 minutes into the movie and we only got to see toy Robocop. A good movie but many flaws
July 13, 2017
The best robocop of all time, this movie is art.
July 2, 2017
If you pretend Robocop 1 & 2 never existed this movie is a whole lot cooler.

The Pros: Looks good. Natural evolution of the story. Has that social commentary I adore.

The Cons: Disappointing departure from the brutal mature tone of the first two. New actor plays Robocop and it's really really noticeable. Poor filmmaking choices (franchise killed by "Hollywooditis").

Judged as a movie and not compared to its predecessors, it's an above average piece of action-adventure cinema. Judged as the 2nd sequel to Robocop, it is way too Hollywood (overblown and watered down)
April 25, 2017
Not as bad as people say it is, but still a watered down version of what's come before.
½ April 23, 2017
Coming from someone who enjoyed both Robocop one and two, I can certainly say that three is by the worst in the series. Robocop 3 feels lazy and amateurish.

Everything from the absence of Peter Weller, to the retreading of plot points covered in the first two movies already. The film has horrible one liners, average action sequences that lack the bloody, gritty punch of the original, and humor that has no satirical bite.

The film also introduces a little kid who's incredibly good at hacking for some reason, and has Robocop form an emotional bond to him with no context as to why. My guess is to make the film seem more family friendly, which was an incredibly stupid choice.

The film does still have some good looking practical effects. Robocops armor still looks great, and the ED 209's still look pretty good. The film is also mostly fun to watch because of how hilariously bad most of it is.

The first Robocop had dark humor, good performances, and bloody, well made action sequences. Robocop two was lacked a lot of the humor, but still had good action sequences, and Weller reprising his role.

Robocop three has none of that. The actor standing in for Weller does a horrible job delivering his lines and has no charisma. The action scenes are bland and lazy, and the humor and more family friendly aspect they were going for hurts the film horribly. Watch the first two and forget this one exists.
½ April 17, 2017
This is where they turned the series into a kid's comic book movie. In all that it loses its way and gets too cartoony. Still, it's still fairly entertaining if you just want a bit more of RoboCop action. Easily the weakest of the series though, which is strange considering all the talent involved...