Rocky III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky III Reviews

December 31, 2017
clubber lang was a great villian in the film
October 25, 2017
It was a good sports movie. I enjoyed the motivation for the final fight. Had some heartfelt scenes. However the movie was not as fun as the first two. Still a enjoyable movie.
September 15, 2017
Mr. T is awesome as Clubber Lang, but the rest of the movie is boring and corny like most of the other Rocky movies not named "Creed."
August 25, 2017
Though a bit too silly to pull it all together as a film that stands by its predecessors, Rocky 3 is still entertaining enough to be watchable.
August 17, 2017
Fun and enjoyable with a stunning fight and script
½ August 12, 2017
Great movie. Though the finale follows in line with the previous entry in the franchise, this entry actually features solid character development for returning characters, especially the titular hero and former rival Apollo Creed, and features solid direction and great performances from Stallone, Shire, Weathers, Young, T and Hogan.
½ July 14, 2017
A very simple sequel with an almost predictable outcome in the end. However, I like that 'Eye of the Tiger' came from this film.
½ July 2, 2017
Rocky is back, and he fights Mr. T. I enjoyed most of this movie, but have always had a hatred for Stallone completely changing his Rocky personality so he didn't have to act like a fool anymore. He loses the speech impediment, he starts to talk intelligently, and its really annoying. But I did like Mr. T a lot.
June 17, 2017
Rocky III marks the point where the series starts to get silly, but the end result is so enjoyable that it's hard to carp too much.
½ June 16, 2017
While the first Rocky was about going the distance, this entry in the franchise is the exact opposite. And some people may not be too happy with that. Like most third films, it's a noticeable slight step-down from its predecessors. In spite of this, Rocky III manages to redeem itself with some enjoyable boxing action whilst also showing what fame can do to a person earlier on in the film as well as a great soundtrack. Oh, that Survivor song. Loved the way the film began with a montage of Rocky being heavyweight champion of the world whilst Clubber Lang, who's slightly more famous than actual Mr. T, shows that he's going to be Rocky's first true challenger since Apollo Creed. Eye of the Tiger, man. That freaking song. Can't quite match up to the first two Rockys but still doesn't quite go for a knockout, in a negative sense.
½ June 10, 2017
Rocky takes on Mr. T to the tune of "Eye of the Tiger". Not nearly as good as the first two movies, but it still has heart. (First and only viewing - 1/11/2009)
½ June 5, 2017
I really liked this movie and in a lot of ways I think this was a necessary movie. After being the up and coming underdog in the first two movies who takes advantage of his big break, I think we needed to see Rocky defending his belt and losing sight of his purpose in the trappings that come with fame. It's a story we see a lot in real life and this was a good on screen portrayal of that. And what a better way to get some sense beat back into you than having it out with a really cut and savage Mt.T.
½ May 23, 2017
The Movie Rocky 3 was great, but hulk hogan gets into the role named thunderlips, but thunderfist would Awesome! Thanks To Sylvester Stallone! (Mickey Goldmill) Died in the Movie :( ! But here's a twist
one of Rocky's Opponents(Apollo Creed) Was Rocky's new Manager Trained Rocky and Defeated Clubber Lang!
April 22, 2017
Rock 3 is so entertaining and hyped that it can barely help the fact that is a great movie.
½ March 22, 2017
Not a bad movie, enjoyed it a lot.
March 13, 2017
2nd favorite Rocky movie next to Rocky IV. This movie is just action packed, has a lot of boxing action even wrestling!!! Just great!
February 18, 2017