Rosewood Reviews

• Jul 26, 2020

It's a movie about the Rosewood massacre of 1923, which was a totally horrifying racial violence. I was stunned the whole time and learning that it's a true story gave me nightmares.

• Nov 21, 2019

Good yet depressing movie subject.

Good yet depressing movie subject.

• Jun 03, 2019

A good iteration of a dark and forgotten story of American history.

A good iteration of a dark and forgotten story of American history.

• Feb 20, 2019

Overall entertaining, even if watching the theater release feels like the length of a directors cut. Very well cast and acted. Definitely a Hollywood big budget take on true events of our nations horrific past in relation to racism and oppression of black men, women, and children living in post civil war American south.

• Jun 10, 2018

One of the most memorable historical event in a movie. But, unfairly underrated as customary US style when trivia movies goes higher when the best ones go unnoticed - Sad !

• Sep 26, 2017

Horrific but true, heartbreaking injustice I have no words

Horrific but true, heartbreaking injustice I have no words

• Mar 03, 2017

it's an important story.

it's an important story.

• Feb 15, 2017

I've seen this movie several times, it's been awhile since I've seen it....and I get blood boiling angry every time. This movie is based a true story.....a TRUE story. :*( #InHonorOfBlackHistoryMonth

• Sep 03, 2016

John Singleton directed this true story about a small town owned by black folks from Florida whose entire community is burnt to the ground after a local white woman accuses a colored man of rape.

• Jun 10, 2015

A compelling story of a tragic massacre that flags under a lack of propulsive direction and narrative, and comes apart towards the end with stylised action movie heroics.