Roxanne Reviews

• 6d ago

Its laugh out loud funny, its sweet its charming its romantic its a real pleasure to watch a just sit back and enjoy movie, , the scenery and direction is perfect, the acting is great, its a classic,. one of those movies you can watch witch anyone and enjoy. one of steve martins best movies and he has a lot of great ones, classic

• Jul 12, 2020

Martin is a blast but the film is nothing special.

Martin is a blast but the film is nothing special.

• Jun 17, 2020

A modern update on Cyrano de Bergerac, Roxanne is a wonderful rom-com with a mostly subdued Steve Martin in the lead. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• May 14, 2020

This is good movie and one of Steve Martin's best. It is a true rom-com from the 80s and shows us how much of genius Martin really is.

• Apr 17, 2020

Steve Martin is C.D. Bales. He is the perfect catch for any young woman except for one drawback. He has a humongous nose. Everyone is hypnotized by it. No one can disregard it. The movie is a take-off on the play, Cyrano DE Bergerac, by Frenchman Edmond Rostand. It varies in order to modernize. C.D. works for the fire department. He meets Roxanne and falls in love. Roxanne is a beautiful astronomy student played by Daryl Hannah. Because of his grotesque nose, C.D. courts her through a friend. Humor and romance intertwine. The tennis racket fight and the scene in which Martin enumerates insults about his nose are fabulous. Steve Martin is a great comedian with his own unique brand of humor.

• Feb 21, 2020

I just recently saw this for the first time and was impressed at Steve Martin's humor. The film is s reimagining of Cyrano De Bergerac tale. The handsome Martin stars as a likable man with a very big nose who falls for Roxanne played by a charming Daryl Hannah. But because of his insecurities he helps out a hunky cop to win her affection. The movie is sweet and Martin and Hannah have good chemistry. It never aims to be more than what it is. But uts an entertaining romantic comedy with some genuinely likable characters and performances.

• Feb 04, 2020

I was so surprised by the lower audience score for a movie I remember very fondly, I had to investigate. Best as I can tell, the saccharine version of a classic romance hasn't held up through the years and the more recent reviews may reflect that. And sure, I watch it now and think, "Seriously? No one is THAT gullible." But maybe it's a movie we need more of now. While not everyone in the small pristine little paradise of a town is as eloquent as Steve Martin's version of Cyrano, it's a lovable group, and if you let some serious suspension of disbelief in, you'll laugh with them and enjoy their summer together complete with witty repartee, some physical humor peppered in; all against the glorious backdrop of Nelson, British Columbia. Just enjoy and have some fun. It's like a little sherbet after a heavy meal.

• Aug 23, 2019

Roxanne is Steve Martin's best movie

Roxanne is Steve Martin's best movie

• Feb 02, 2019

The best romcom movie ever made!

The best romcom movie ever made!

• Nov 05, 2018

Roxanne starring Steve Martin and Daryll Hannah is a cute movie and should be more popular than it is. Shot in a picturesque small town (Nelson BC) which adds to the charm the film is about a Pinocchio nosed new town sheriff(or firefighter I am forgetting) Steve Martin who falls for the new beauty in town played by Hannah. It reeks of charm and reminds us how nice these types of low budget films were- sadly they aren't being made anymore. Go watch it if you can- It isn't a mindblower but a cute, charming film starring the legendary comedian at the height of his power. (One of the most underrated charming comedies).