Salaam-e-Ishq Reviews

• Feb 22, 2013

This film is Bollywood's take on 'Love Actually'. Comprising multiple stories of love, in all its very different forms, and highlighting how interconnected we all are to those around us - even people we would consider strangers are only one or two friends or acquaintances removed. The balance ibetween romance, heavy drama and light-hearted comedy is good, as with 'Love Actually', but with that slightly more far-fetched quality typical of Bollywood. However, the Bollywood exuberance is largely underplayed, making this film a very good entry point for people unfamiliar with Bollywood movies. The run-time is quite long (fairly typical), but the split narrative and engaging stories means you barely notice.

• Jul 18, 2012

An Indian version of the film 'Love Actually'

An Indian version of the film 'Love Actually'

• May 30, 2011

Everyone need a help to know what they really missing , four hours of six crazy lives are putting together by destiny ..

• Feb 20, 2011

it was a fantastic emotional movie.quite complicated in the middle.but then it was awesome

• Oct 15, 2010

Dur de faire aussi bien que Kal ho naa ho pour l'ancien assistant de Karan Johar ! Malgré tout, le second film de Nikhil Advani est plutôt réussi, bien desservi par la grosse brochette d'acteurs (Priyanka Chopra, Govinda, Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Akshaye Khanna...) et par une bande son remarquable. Au final, une sorte de Love actually version massala, qui se laisse regarder. A noter : cette vieille bouse de Salman Kahn est presque supportable ! Un véritable exploit.

• Jun 06, 2010

Nice end to the movie....but till that, it is kinda' boring.....

Nice end to the movie....but till that, it is kinda' boring.....

• May 05, 2010

Awesome, Loved it! One of my Favorites!

Awesome, Loved it! One of my Favorites!

• Apr 13, 2010

A lot like Love Actually. I enjoyed it!

A lot like Love Actually. I enjoyed it!

• Mar 31, 2010

Have you ever felt asleep while seeing a movie....If ' no', If you want to get a really good nap Watch ''SALAAM-E-ISHQ''. I am not telling the movie is bad but it could have been a better film if each story was given equal priority with a meat. It's believed to be the Indian Version of British rom-com ''Love Actually'', I haven't seen the original material but I can say with liberty that SEI may not be even near to the it. The biggest hatchet is the screenplay, There are 6 stories. When one story is being reeled, suddenly focus goes to the next one hence we fail to get connected to the previous one. In other words, It seems Nikhil Advani is in much hurry to complete the film without having knowledge that will the audience be able to emphatize with the characters in it. Don't you think 3 hour 20 minutes is long to narrate a story??????? I like 3 stories i.e JOHN-VIDYA, SOHAIL-EESHA (Hilarious) & ''ANIL-JUHI-ANJANA love triangle''.The plot and Performance are fascinating. Salaam-e-ishq has some good points like the melodious music of SHANKAR-EHSAAN-LOY and compelling performance barring few. The actors who delivers the best are : GOVINDA, JOHN ABRAHAM, VIDYA BALAN, ANIL KAPOOR, JUHI CHAWLA, ANJANA SUKHANI, SOHAIL KHAN & EESHA KOPPIKAR, also AKSHAYE KHANNA & AYESHA TAKIA makes an impression despite sketchy characters Whereas: SALMAN KHAN & PRIYANKA CHOPRA hams. Their story is so fake and formulaic. Overall, SALAAM-E-ISHQ is stringently an average film. Do watch this film for the performance, music and most importantly SOLID PATIENCE!!!!!

• Feb 06, 2010