Salute Reviews

• Nov 14, 2017

Constructive, Matter Of Fact Piece Of Reflection Upon An Unending Issue That Plagues Humanity. It Is Tastefully Done, In A Methodical Manner That Explores Social Justice Issues. Comparisons Are Made On The Current Thinking Of The Time Still Holding Mis-Steps In The Social Airs-&-Graces As Politics Runs Deep Through What Is Touted As An Equal Stage Upon Which All Can Compete Freely. Hopefully Humanity Can Reach A Place Where Social Divides Are Not So Clearly Entwined With Racial Divides, But I Guess This Issue Has A Long While To Run, Considering It Really Has Been Going Since The Dawn Of The Modern Era In Human Conquest. A Difficult Issue To Solve, But Some Steps In The Right Direction Are Taken By Some Unexpected Heroes.

• Jan 22, 2016

A story that should be told to our children and our children's children.

A story that should be told to our children and our children's children.

• Oct 16, 2015

A story about an incredibly decent man...

A story about an incredibly decent man...

• Feb 11, 2015

Inspiring documentary! Just such a shame that Norman never got to see it premier, or to know that the Australian Parliament had officially apologized to him.

• Mar 10, 2013

Fascinating stuff, a bit rough around the edges production wise, but Matt Norman's tribute to his father is a captivating watch.

• Jul 12, 2012

My nerd senses sure is tingling...=D

My nerd senses sure is tingling...=D

• Jul 12, 2012

This film opens the door on Peter Norman, the Australian 200m silver medal winner in Mexico who, because of his support for tommie smith and john Carlos when they made their stand for civil rights during the medal ceremony, was shunned by his own authorities. Archive interviews with the three men (Norman died a few years ago) + archive footage of the three issued to good effect and I discovered, among other things, that Norman's Mexico time would have won the 2000 Olympics and also Australia didn't send any sprinters to the Munich games because they would have had to send Norman (he was the fastest) and he was a "non person" as far as the Australian authorities were concerned. He wasn't invited to any of the Sydney Olympics celebrations by his own country. He had to attend with the Americans! A good film about a brave group of men.....

• Jul 09, 2012

A moving and fascinating piece of Olympic history that I'm sure the Olympic committee would rather it wasn't mentioned again, especially after their treatment of 3 fantastic athletes. Recommended viewing.

• Jul 09, 2012