Satan's Little Helper Reviews

• Oct 04, 2018

More lame comedy than horror. Feels like an '80s B-movie.

More lame comedy than horror. Feels like an '80s B-movie.

• Apr 06, 2017

This was a fun little slasher that I had in the collection and finally got around to revisiting, as it takes place on Halloween and I was in the market for some holiday-themed material. A young kid is obsessed with a terribly named video game called Satan's Little Helper, and when he sees a serial killer lurking around killing folks, he decides that he can be his helper too, with a series of mistaken identity issues leading the murdered into the kids' home among his family! Fun stuff, and well worth a rental.

• Jul 22, 2016

It does deserve some cult status but not enough to warrant it a classic.

It does deserve some cult status but not enough to warrant it a classic.

• Oct 03, 2015

The low budget SD footage and less-than-stellar acting out me off a little bit at first, but it actually hooked me and had me wanting to know what would happen next. Still it is a big step down from the directors previous Just Before Dawn. It's also the same guy who did cult classics Blue Sunshine and Squirm.

• Mar 20, 2015

"Satan's Little Helper" is exactly what you would expect - a cheesy, low-budget horror flick with some bad acting and a somewhat flawed concept. But for what it is and what it provides (like lots of legitimate religious undertone), it is extraordinarily entertaining and genre-clashing in the best possible way.

• Mar 18, 2015

I'm actually going back and writing a movie for this movie days after I've viewed it..I liked it that much. One of the best surprise horror movies I've seen. Creepy feeling throughout. Best part is that you never see or hear from the killer..also the killer seemingly gets away. This needs a sequel! Yes, the idea that the child believes it's all made up is a little hard to believe but that's what kids do. A knock on our children being addicted to games where they can't tell what's reality from make believe. Some bad acting doesn't help this movie but it's also a throw back to the 80's slasher movies where the acting was horrible. All in all this is a step above the rest

• Nov 13, 2014

I liked this movie. I agree with points of some of the less stellar reviews. The kid is either extremely stupid or has some kind of pathology, we never do find out. Come to think of it, the entire family was stupid. Maybe it was genetic...someone peed in the gene pool. The acting is less than excitng. however, there was a certain creepiness to the movie that made me enjoy it. I didn't think it was trying to be too serious and therefore, maybe I gave it a little more slack. I thought the funny moments were supposed to be intentional.

• Nov 02, 2014

So crappy, so good. Budget too low to produce anything outstanding

So crappy, so good. Budget too low to produce anything outstanding

• Oct 28, 2014

Total waste of lifetime viewing this. If I found out that Jeff Lieberman was only 12 when he wrote and directed this, only then could I have a favorable opinion. How in the name of all that is good and evil did anyone give this F grade schlock a favorable review?!? Every 3 minutes of this movie are opportunities to have made it tiny bit more believable, absorbing, non insulting to ones intelligence, bearable and anything to make it redeemable. But no. Just horrible acting, story telling and directing. Go spend your time flossing yo ur teeth, cleaning your toilet, washing dishes or anything that may have value.

• Oct 14, 2014