Saturday Night Fever Reviews

• Aug 08, 2020

Love the liberals crap reviews on it. It’s a time piece movie like anything else old unlike you left wing garbage don’t like. Don’t watch it if you don’t like it. It’s called turn it it off!

• Jul 15, 2020

Energetic dance film with a surprisingly strong story.

Energetic dance film with a surprisingly strong story.

• Jun 28, 2020

My god was not expecting it to be so disturbing. Great filming, shitty (and quite triggering) characters.

• Jun 08, 2020

Born in 1982 and would see parts of the movie on TV as a kid. Even as a kid, I knew it was a famous movie but of course didn't quite "understand" what was going on. Fast forward 2020 and I would remember certain scenes. I looked up some clips that I remembered as a kid on YouTube and wanted more context. Keep in mind, I lost interest in movies in general about 15 years ago and have a hard time setting aside time to watch a movie. So I found a full version and watched it through non stop and was pretty impressed that it had many themes and some dark scenes. I always judge a good work when you feel an emotion toward characters and story. Of course all of the characters are exaggerated, but it's a good technique to define them and their role in the big scope of the story. Many themes are still relevant, soundtrack was good even though I don't care for disco music unless it's the Beegees. I can see why this movie was as popular as it was and watching it 43 after it was released, it's well deserved.

• May 22, 2020

I had high hopes for this one. The sexism was fierce but I stomached it as you would for most older movies. When the rape scene was played and I was horrified by the accuracy of how the girl was raped. Then she hugs her rapist later as though nothing happened. I'm disgusted and I can tell most who still enjoy this movie will be men. It's outdated and thank god for that, no wonder grease was bigger.

• May 11, 2020

Una buena película para pasar el rato con muy buenas actuaciones y con grandiosa música.

• May 10, 2020

Some of its moments haven't aged well, but with a poignant and charming story, a classic 70s soundtrack, and John Travolta's superb lead performance make this movie one of the best of the 70s and a modern classic.

• May 07, 2020

Cancel, Tony Manero! Another classic that couldn't be made in today's culture This feels more like a documentary than a movie. The film touches on so many urban issues including classism, religion, racism, peer-pressure, jealousy, rivalry, rebellion, respect, unprotected sex and rape, in a way that feels honest and not contrived. It's not trying to make a statement about these social issues it's just showing you realistic characters that deal with it. I see a lot of people that like the film hail Tony as a hero and a lot of people that hate it decry him as a shallow idiot. I view him more as a tragic character that sees the path he's going down isn't the right one, but doesn't quite know how to deal with it. He's not happy with the man he is, but doesn't quite know how to change into the man he wants to be. Movies that try to accomplish these things intentionally come off pretentious and ham fisted. This movie was just and honest slice of life story with a great lead performance and its realism lead to its depth. Yes, the amazing soundtrack and dance sequences are the reason why it became a blockbuster and a cultural phenomenon, but even without them this movie would have been a cult classic and time capsule of the late 70s.

• May 03, 2020

Pésima pelicula 2 horas de mi vida desperdiciadas...

Pésima pelicula 2 horas de mi vida desperdiciadas...

• May 02, 2020

A working class young man who lives only for Saturday night to have a flase feeling of accomplishment. That's a pretty dead end life.