Saturday Night Fever Reviews

• Aug 05, 2019

Good music but bad characters.

Good music but bad characters.

• Jun 07, 2019

John Travolta And This Movie Were Fabulous!

John Travolta And This Movie Were Fabulous!

• Apr 22, 2019

Best movie soundtrack in history!

Best movie soundtrack in history!

• Feb 10, 2019

What an awful movie. Came into this expecting it to be the classic that everyone says it is, but seriously, I found nothing good about it. Theres racism, homophobia, rape, unlikeable characters (every character except the puerto ricans, and Annette (who they all gang rape). Annette is not even given any sort of resolution, they just call her a fucking bitch then gang rape her. There were really good movies made during this time, but this one is not it. It's really sad that disco is associated with this steaming pile of misogynistic, racist and homophobic shit, no wonder disco died so quickly in pop culture. Also, what this movie says about consent is disgusting, no wonder it bred a generation of scumbags who were taught that no means yes. What a disappointment and waste. I'm actually angry now I need a cigarette.

• Feb 07, 2019

This movie was eye-opening for me. I hadn't seen this movie and always dismissed it as another Grease. My God, this was so different and amazing! It was powerful, hard-hitting and punch-worthy interspersed with some crazy dancing. The cinematography was so beautifully done to build the choreography. This movie is similar to classic literature, filled with symbolism and loads to analyze. You can watch this 15 times and still discover new aspects.

• Jan 26, 2019

The best, GREATEST inspiring movie ever made! With 2 of the best movie songs ever sung: Stayin' Alive and More Than a Woman!

• Jan 18, 2019

Watch just for the amazing dance scenes

Watch just for the amazing dance scenes

• Dec 28, 2018

A movie without a compelling plot, but I was mesmerized and couldn't take my eyes off the screen. The movie successfully transports you into 1970's Brooklyn.

• Dec 04, 2018

Don't let the ubiquity of its parodies and soundtrack fool you: There is more here than just light-up floors, disco balls, and white suitsâ"there is also a provocative depiction of toxic masculinity and the emotional stagnation of the working class. Trends and fashions change, but a fuckboi is still a fuckboi regardless of the clothes he wears and the music he dances toâ"transformation does not mean evolution, and the movie illustrates how young men get caught in cycles that leave them going nowhere, without real prospects for personal growth as they live weekend to weekend, living libidinally on the dance floor, the only place they feel they can g(r)o(w) and feel like they're staying alive. Yet don't let that seriousness fool you, either: While the scenes centering on Travolta alone, on his struggles and his struts, are ecstatic and empathetic, the film too often reflects his character's shallowness in the way it approaches the rest of his world, treating the other characters as flimsy things to toss away just as Travolta's Tony does, making for a well-crafted albeit frequently superficial drama.

• Dec 01, 2018

One of my favorites from the 70s.

One of my favorites from the 70s.