Scarlett Reviews

• Aug 23, 2016

I thought the casting was really well done. Timothy Dalton as Rhett Butler and Joanne Whalley as Scarlett O'Hara Butler were excellent choices for the role. The storyline was really great and kept my interest. I'm glad they had Sean Bean as the protagonist Lord Richard Fenton he did an amazing job. I recommend watching this miniseries if you get the chance or can actually find it. An interesting sequel to GWTW.

• Jun 15, 2014

It both succeeds epically and fails epically at the same time. As an adaptation of the incredibly weak novel Scarlett, it's a triumph. The mini-series manages to hold the audience's attention while the novel was a complete snoozefest. However, as a sequel to one of the greatest movies ever made, it can't help but pale in comparison. The costumes and dialogue are impeccable, as are the actors. Joanne-Walley is a good Scarlett, and Timothy Dalton is surprisingly badass as Rhett. But there's too little plot and way too much talking. This is like a 6 to 8 hour special that could have just been 2 hours at maximum, if the numerous conversations had been trimmed down. Very mixed feelings about this miniseries, but overall, if you're a hardcore fan of Gone With the Wind, and you'll take whatever you can get from the franchise, see this series. Everyone else will probably be bored by it.

• Aug 17, 2013

It is difficult to compete with "Gone with the wind" and the perfect casting of Vivien Leigh and, even more so, Clark Gable. Nevertheless, it is good adaptation and, in some moments, it succeeds in capturing the passion of Scarlett and Rhett, both in their own personality and to each other. The less you comare it to the classic from 1939, the more you will enjoy it.

• Oct 20, 2012

Absolutely LOVED it!!!

Absolutely LOVED it!!!

• Sep 30, 2012

Most defiantly not gone with the wind! It is a good sequel but will never match up to the first

• Apr 10, 2012

Love this movie i could watch a billion, one times

Love this movie i could watch a billion, one times

• Jan 18, 2012

better than gone with the wind

better than gone with the wind

• Dec 25, 2011

In no way it could beat Gone with the Wind. But I kinda liked to see what happened to Scarlett and Rhett afterward, although none of the leads were close to the characters in their appearances. ( Dear Mr. Dalton, you'll always be the best actor who portrayed Mr.Rochester in Jane Eyre, but not Rhett Butler)

• Nov 21, 2011

Hold your breath -- I liked it better than the first! In both, bad things keep happening, but at least this one, I like the ending.

• Jul 27, 2011

Not bad,but not even close to Gone with the Wind.I got use to Joanne Whalley not being Vivien Leigh playing my beloved Scarlett, my Favorite Heroine of all time, she actually did a good job cosidering the Tiny Shoes she had to fill.Scarlet goes to Ireland to start over after losing Rhett & has a new Love Interest.It is worth watching,but don't expect the Epic that GWTW was