Seal Team 6: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seal Team 6: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden Reviews

June 25, 2016
Very good film but too much live cam type film towards the end and not really able to see much.
March 4, 2015
I give this movie three stars. I liked how they showed us all the parts and what happened in trying to find Osama. But, at some point of the movie it would get a little slow and confusing. Also they could have showed more of the CIA investigating and how they got all their information and then maybe a little more showing them actually going in and getting Osama.
December 30, 2014
Only a small view into the sacrifices of our military on a daily basis.
August 10, 2014
good war/historical pix
July 9, 2014
I get that it's historical, but it is also ugly to watch... The background music is awful... And I was annoyed by all the interviews. I've seen better historical movies with better acting on The History Channel.
June 25, 2014
The movie is based on the raid of osama bin laden...well according..to me i rate it 3 stars...the movie is a bore at some places..u will be literally yawning..and in some place u will have goosebumps...the movie also shows the strength and courage of those six officers and intelligence agency of U.S.A who made a brilliant plan to kill bin laden..the movie lacks actions scenes...the movie feels like a documentary at times
May 19, 2014
John Stockwell, Asylum Films called, they want their footage back. This snoozefest docu-drama sold as an inside story about the raid on Osama Bin Laden's Pakistani compound is light on facts, and ham-handed in political message.

As a film it was an utter bore. Every character; the shooters, the CIA, the leadership, and especially the President were cardboard caricatures. Navy SEALs was a better movie about Navy SEALs than this amateurish production.

As a means to share with the audience the chronological events of the raid, it failed miserably. It was un-factual in so many different ways and there isn't the space to get into them all. It got virtually none of the details right, and even as a fictional telling, it added no details that would make you care one iota about what was going on. I was excited to sit down an watch this, but after about 30 minutes I was looking for something to do while it ran its course.

As a way to give the viewer some insight into a Tier 1 Special Forces unit like SEAL Team 6, or Development Group (as they are never called in this movie) it was an utter disaster. Fresh out of infantry school security Marines appear more competent and professional than the pretty boy actors who put on their best tough guy voice and dress the part, but sell it about as well as manikins at a Navy Uniform Exchange store.

My overall impression is that I've seen Star Wars fan films that are more compelling than this waste of an hour and a half.
October 30, 2013
Very good propaganda movie for the Obama administration showing how courageous Obama was to have made the call to raid the compound when nothing was mentioned about all 17 of the Seal Team 6 getting slaughtered a few months later because Joe Biden told the national media they killed Bin Laden.
September 27, 2013
Not great, not terrible -- just your standard-issue movie about a well-known historic event regarding Osama Bin Laden.
½ September 18, 2013
SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden is really quite a bit better than its lower budget made-for-television and, it might seem, made-for-controversy and made-for-political-gain aspects all suggest. There's a lot to like in its straightforward, no-frills approach; politics aside, it paints an intriguing picture, no matter how accurately, inaccurately, or somewhere in between the story captures history. It's not a guns-blazing picture but rather a thoughtful character study of the men and women, technologies, risks, and rewards of making one of the 21st century's (so far) most historical moments happen. It's well-acted and well-made, a movie that should please all viewers who appreciate a good story inside the military and political arenas. It does get its own political two cents thrown in, but outside of a few such moments, this is solid entertainment for the mind as well as the eyes and ears.
September 13, 2013
Worth watching movie about the slain of Bin Laden. Good war movie.
½ September 7, 2013
My Review: 5/10
Date: 9/4/2013
Melodramatic jingoistic propaganda, but interesting and exciting at times. Sounds like there were a lot of inaccuracies but I didn't know a lot about it to begin with.
½ August 31, 2013
Couldn't get past viewing it as more than propaganda. Cynical maybe but that's my view.
August 24, 2013
Same feeling as Act of Valor except these are actors and not real soldiers. I'm proud of the men and women serving in our armed forces and intelligence committees. I wonder how this movie compares to Zero Dark Thirty?
½ August 14, 2013
Robert Knepper (best known as Theodore 'T-Bag' Bagwell from 'Prison Break') plays the movie's best character, a soldier who just wants to get his guys home safe; the most moving scene was that with soldiers video chatting with family and loved ones. Alright film, but kind of a let down considering the subject matter.
August 9, 2013
After seeing Zero Dark Thirty you realize how flawed and half-assed this film is. It may not have anywhere near the budget that Zero Dark Thirty had but I felt that they tried too hard to add drama by exploring one of the Seals private life which didn't really lead to anything in substance. Any added drama seemed untrue and irrelevant. Some good performances from Cam Gigandet and the American Pie guy.
July 20, 2013
Great direction from Stockwell (Into the Blue, Cat Run, Turistas). Starring Xzibit and some TV stars this Nat Geo movie is a low-budget alternative to Zero Dark Thirty. "Seal Team 6 motors along very compellingly with its well-drawn squad of surfer dudes, hot-headed redneck mama's boys and wise-counsel sergeants (the conventional platoon-movie stereotypes), and its good feel for procedure, training and tradecraft, peppered with to-camera testimony from the Seals. The raid itself occupies a nerve-wracking final 20 minutes of stun-grenades, gunfire and the desperate clearing of shooter-filled rooms illuminated only by flashlights." Released 5 weeks prior to Bigelow's award winner, it's not bad. When Knepper utters those words, I got quite the cold chill.
June 24, 2013
A cool movie but not outstanding. Must not have been embellished because it actually seemed plausible.
½ June 22, 2013
Just sat through it this evening and found the fast-forward very useful. In fact, I used the fast forward so much - that what I actually saw seemed pretty good. Granted, it may have only been 5 minutes...but those 5 minutes were almost spectacular. Of course, I had to fast-forward through the campaign commercial part of the movie. I think that was about a third...or maybe even a half. And the self-gratifying dialog, I had to jump through that, another fourth or third. The rigid bad-ass acting and there was a lot of that - I had to jump through that. Everybody was trying to out-bad-ass the previous person. (NOTE: why does everyone in a movie now-a-days toss out their 'acting?' skills and become the consummate bad-asses?) I can understand the Navy SEALs being that way...that is their job and they kind of get trained doing this. But a bunch of D.C. sycophants? Really? In any case, skipping through that probably ate up about a quarter of the movie. SO - what does that leave me with? Let me see. Opening credits (those were stunning). Blowing up the compound (more stunning stuff), and last but not least, the closing credits (just as stunning as the opening credits). In all fairness - I knew this movie was no more than a campaign commercial. And it was pumped out by some Hollywood boot lickers, and I have no problem with that. Support your guy - wonderful. The left panders to the left - and the right panders to the right...I got that. I just would have not paid for this. I may be wrong, but I don't think this was a portrayal of anything other than a campaign
½ June 9, 2013
Zero Dark Thirty was far more realistic. This movie was good but far too Hollywood. The vignettes with the soldiers was stupid it added no value to the story.