Seedpeople Reviews

• Mar 19, 2016

Fun but dumb low budget nonsense.

Fun but dumb low budget nonsense.

• Jul 08, 2015

Probably the best movie known to man, a stunning thriller with the most original ideas.

• Apr 26, 2015

A huge rip off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but it does have its moments. The cheesy B-movie horror keeps it interesting. Without that Seedpeople would have been a waste of time.

• Jan 07, 2015

I thought I would like it more for nostalgic reasons (I used to like this movie when I was really young and new to horror movies), but no... I was stupid and this movie is terrible. It's a basic cheap-o ripoff of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. You expect so-bad-it's-good, but no. It's dull, forgettable, and I pretty much hated it. I could write plenty about why it sucks, including the terrible effects, ripoff script, and hammy acting, but why bother? Who even remembers this crap? Why am I still writing? Stay away from this movie.

• Feb 01, 2014

Fun creature effects, dull story, boring characters, and horrible pacing. There isn't a lot that happens, and it's mostly attack after attack followed by mediocre dialog and plot. The monsters look neat, but otherwise, it's a dud.

• Mar 26, 2013

Another low-budget, B-movie horror film. Not atrociously bad, but not "so bad it's good" either. The effects are horrid. The alien plants look like they're paper-mache with crepe paper for limbs. The acting is okay for the most part; I like Andrea Roth in most of her roles. The story is too reminiscent of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Can't say I enjoyed it.

• Dec 28, 2010

Seedpeople is one of those Full Moon films that just makes you laugh. A take off of the Invasion of the Bodysnatchers films, Seedpeople has some of the funniest creature designs I've seen in a long time. The monsters look like an egg shapped midget, a flying spider and a crazy version of one of the monsters from Critters. Like most B movies of this type, the story is filled with bizarred science and crazy solutions. Apparently these plant like beings don't like ultraviolet light. I could go on and on about how that comes off as hilarious but I'm sure you can figure things out yourself. Fans of big budget films can pass this puppy up without any worry but fans of the low budget should check this one out... it's quite a treat.

• Sep 02, 2010

I can't really bitch too much about a movie called Seedpeople. With that title and poster artwork you gotta know that you're going into a cheesy monster movie. The question is how cheesy and does it transcends into the "so bad it's good" category. Well, it's close, but it's just a seedling away. The film not surprisingly is a complete rip-off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (pick which ever version you want) about some comets (that end up being giant seeds) that crash lands near a small town. The alien seeds which begin to sprout into large flowers that have pulsating "vagina" like parts that spew gallons "semen" all over unlucky folks that come near them. I'm not kidding as the special effects guys went all out to make this thing look sexual, so much that the "semen" spewing actually made me a little nauseous. After getting hit with the white goo, people emerge as little fanged monsters that have the incredible ability to morph from human to monster in a split second (what I don't get is when they morph into humans they somehow also morph into clothes). A geologist comes to town to study the meteors finds the comets to be seeds and a young girl at the bed and breakfest he's staying at starts noticing changes in local townfolk. Soon he catches on and he has to stop the spread of the seeds before they...dun, dun, dunnn.... TAKE OVER THE WORLD! Everything cliché about monster movies and paranoia is thrown in here. We even get the predicable love triangle aspect! The film also rips off Invasion of the Body Snatchers so much that it even has the people taken over show NO emotion. COME ON! You might as well called it BODY SNATCHERS CASH-IN for Christ sake! Our little fanged monsters are also each unique and with names to match: Shooter, Tumbler, and Sailor. This is no doubt a marketing campaign by producer Charles Band to maybe try to sell some merchandise like his other films. Sadly Seedpeople wasn't that popular even with the Full Moon Entertainment crowd so no merchandise or sequels would follow. This is hokey beyond belief but sadly it just doesn't quit transcend that barrier of "so bad, it's good" category and it just ends up being bad. I still didn't find it a waste of time as it does entertain just enough to keep attention but I only recommend this feature to the most die hard Charles Band/Full Moon fanatic. A definite step below director Peter Manoogian's earlier schlocky classic Demonic Toys.

• Oct 04, 2009

loved this movie. yea it maybe like another invasion of the body snatchers or puppetmasters but it's still really good

• Apr 15, 2009

A geolist (Hennings) returns to the tiny town where he grew up, hoping to locate the legendary meteor it is named after. But the ill feelings he stirs up on the part of an ex-girlfriend (Roth) and the deputy sheriff who is her current beau (Yates) pale in comparison the fact that extra-terrestial lifeforms are taking over the hamlet's citizens and preparing for a full-scale invasion of Earth. [center][img]http://www.geocities.com/nuelow/movseedpeople.jpg[/img] [i]The only thing between you and alien domination: A crazy guy in a crown made from flourecent bulbs.[/i] [i](Bernard Kates as the eccentric Doctor Roller in "Seedpeople".)[/i] [/center] "Seedpeople" is not a movie you want to see if you've seen any version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", any version of the "The Thing" or even "Horror Express". You probably also want to pass on the film if you have read any Stephen King except perhaps "On Writing". You will find yourself thinking of other movies and books that did what this film tries to do so very much better. You will also realize that those stories usually have points beyond "alien plant-monsters take over a tiny town", something that this film does not. However, if you are looking for a scary movie you can safely watch with the 10-12 year olds, this is the film to check out. Yes, there's some violence and a little blood as alien monsters chew on victim's faces, but it IS a scary movie after all! Kids will probably not be familiar with the superior sources this film was inspired by, and it's not as intense as those so it's something that they will be able to see without too many nightmares. (Unless they are extra-ordinarily sensitive. And if there THAT sensitive, then you need to revisit your parenting class and let the kid out of the closet more often.) "Seedpeople" is one of five movies from the Full Moon Entertainment 1990s weirdness factory that is available on DVD only in the "Full Moon Classics Volume One" boxed set. While few of these films will be considered classics by anyone except maybe the hardest of the hardcore fans of Charles Band-produced sci-fi and horror films, it's a set that's worth checking out. [url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NNDCS6?ie=UTF8&tag=stevemillesdo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000NNDCS6"]Click here[/url] to read more about it at Amazon.com. Seedpeople (aka "Dark Forest") Starring: Sam Hennings, Bernard Kates, Andrea Roth, Holly Fields and Brad Yates Director: Peter Manoogian