The Sentinel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sentinel Reviews

December 1, 2016
It was an ok action movie. A little slow at times but decent.
½ August 16, 2016
Industrial grade shagger Douglas is a Secret Service agent who's been getting it on with wives of colleagues and the Pres, bad move.

This makes him hard to believe when three numbskulls coerce another agent into giving up the top man. Thus ensues some mind boggingly dull chases, moronic decision making and the cast wearing slippers to ensure they didn't wake up any of the leads as they slumbered their way through this dogs dinner.

You can practically see the smile on Douglas' face when he finally walks out of the Whitehouse and collects his cheque.

Review contains spoilers*

*so you don't have to watch this, thank me now.
July 27, 2016
Unfortunately, The Sentinel is a dull and boring affair, and whilst it's helped by Michael Douglas' performance, there's just nothing noteworthy about it. That being said, it could be seen as light entertainment, and it didn't offend me or anything.
½ December 29, 2015
We left the theatre it was that bad...
½ December 21, 2015
I mean, sure, I enjoyed the cast. But The Sentinel spends too much time building up to the action, and there's no payoff once we get there.
November 10, 2015
good movie; definitely kept you guessing.
½ October 15, 2015
A medium action movie related to white house and the plot of killing the president. Although Douglas is the first actor, Sutherland is too 24 style to cover up the movie. Overall average.
September 14, 2015
Starts as an interesting thriller then quickly turns into a generic paint by numbers bore.
March 31, 2015
Although it comes with some predictable twists anyone can catch early on, this film does sport some good performances from it's leads and ends up being an overall good popcorn-thriller that doesn't waste your time. B
½ March 13, 2015
3/12/2015: An ok movie. An excellent cast with an ok plot. The action was ok, but the story and background wasn't that deep.
March 2, 2015
It has all the elements to be great but is just awful. Poor acting, unbelievable plot twists as if they put the script in a blender and just went with whatever came out. Frustratingly bad.
½ February 28, 2015
Seemed like an okay TV-movie or sorts. Plot is interesting, but implausible and sometimes dumb. Acting is passable most of the time, and the action is pretty neat.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
One of last years better movies i thought. A bit like The fugitive. Enjoyed it very much. *thumbs up*
October 30, 2014
Nothing spectacular and the bad guy was so obvious that even after 8 years I suddenly remembered who it was.... Michael Douglas running and being the good guy with gadgets, while being framed as the bad one :)
September 17, 2014
Sure, it's formulaic, but it's fairly entertaining if you can overlook the plot holes. Michael Douglas is a pro at these films and so is Kiefer Sutherland, and they both do what they best.
September 10, 2014
It has a really good plotline like the White House version of "The Fugitive" and the Bourne series, as well the same thrilling level between the two along with "The Pelican Brief." (A-)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
August 1, 2014
24: Secret Service

Not bad, but it could have been better. Seems like they were going for a "Fugitive" style premise, but the overall story just wasn't good enough. Kiefer Sutherland and Michael Douglas are great, but otherwise it's below average.

74%
July 27, 2014
Watch Clint Eastwood's In the Line of Fire instead of this. I just admire Michael Douglas as an actor with no faultless acting ability.
July 4, 2014
Okay thriller, a mix of The Fugitive and In the Line of Fire.
½ April 21, 2014
Saw this one a few years ago and forgot I had. A great storyline and Michael Douglas and Keifer Sutherland are good together.