Seventh Son - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seventh Son Reviews

½ May 16, 2017
Did the Screen writers even read the books? The made up story line was so bad I couldn't even finish it. Probably the worst effort I've seen in years.
½ April 26, 2017
Everything about this movie was bad, I pity whoever paid to see this. Completely unwatchable.
½ April 14, 2017
6.5/10 Very simple and enjoyable. Nothing extraordinary though.
April 13, 2017
Great cast with a weak plot which is quite forgettable.
½ April 9, 2017
Despite its flaws, of which there are many, I really enjoyed this. Jeff Bridges' bizarre performance may make or break this for you. Thankfully it worked for me.
½ April 1, 2017
Ouch! The story seemed to be fairly decent; but the majority of the cast was definitely a wrong choice. Except for Jeff Bridges and Kit Harington opening scene, I thought this fantasy film would be decent... Wrong!
Julianne Moore'sâ< as lead antagonist, nope, nope, nope! And don't get me wrong, she's a great actress, just not with this film. Her one-sided 'American accent' acting (and losing her character's accent repeatedly), served her no justice. Majority of the lead actors couldn't bring their acting skills to follow the film's aesthetics. The film's direction felt like a major knockoff from other Fantasy films, just this one lacked so much luster.
½ February 4, 2017
Too boring for my taste!! too bad!!
February 1, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ January 7, 2017
With Bridges in a key role it had promise. However it lacked any tension and failed to deliver a compelling story. So the great FX and beasts were left to try and carry the movie. All it needed was a better script, more tension and pace.
January 2, 2017
A great cast, lovely locations, and good CGI, but somehow never lives up to its potential. Kids would probably like it a lot, though it's pretty violent for those 8 and under.
December 31, 2016
Like this type of fantasy story
December 21, 2016
I liked it. Not a bad movie despite the criticism.
December 20, 2016
Great entertainment for the whole family...:)
½ December 19, 2016
Overall really lousy fantasy film with very little redeeming qualities. That's pretty amazing, considering the amount of acting talent coming together here. The uninspired and unoriginal script and the mediocre special effects allow little room for fun to have. It's not even particularly entertaining in a bad way. Just overall disappointing and lame. Only Bridges causes a few laughs.
December 3, 2016
Jeff bridges is outstanding, shame the script and support is EastEnders meets corro
November 16, 2016
A somewhat entertaining fantasy flick that gets watered down by bland dialogue, clichéd characters and CGI overkill.
October 23, 2016
Great Movie & cast watch it.
½ October 22, 2016
some preditctable content but the visuals compensate the movie
October 20, 2016
I enjoyed this movie, not sure why it's scored so low
½ October 17, 2016
The lovechild that dissolved a partnership.