Seventh Son - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seventh Son Reviews

December 3, 2016
Jeff bridges is outstanding, shame the script and support is EastEnders meets corro
November 16, 2016
A somewhat entertaining fantasy flick that gets watered down by bland dialogue, clichéd characters and CGI overkill.
October 23, 2016
Great Movie & cast watch it.
½ October 22, 2016
some preditctable content but the visuals compensate the movie
October 20, 2016
I enjoyed this movie, not sure why it's scored so low
½ October 17, 2016
The lovechild that dissolved a partnership.
October 11, 2016
I tried so hard to make it through this movie. But alas, at 53 minutes, it got turned off. I am giving this movie one star, instead of 0, because Jeff Bridges and Julian Moore will always get at least one star in my book. Beyond that there is nothing good about this movie. The storyline sucks, the acting is terrible, the accents are awful (I guess the lead couldn't do an English accent but everyone else can?), graphics suck, and they randomly threw Kit Harrington in.
October 6, 2016
I don't know if this is just me but the graphics were horrible
½ September 27, 2016
A nice and entertaining fantasy movie populated by stereotypes. That been said this movie manages to pull it off being well made and thanks to a really talented cast and enjoyable specialeffects. All in all a movie that I feel is unfairly underrated. But then I am a fan of the fantasy genre - and for them to be able to make this sort of movies on a reasonable budget nowadays is something I´m seriously grateful over and thrilled about.
½ September 27, 2016
Love this dark fantasy film.
September 27, 2016
Absolutely loved the cast and the movie. It's a imaginative adventure with great potential, and witty puns. :)
September 24, 2016
I was able to follow the "strange storyline" easily. The computer sequences and special effects left me gasping "OH, NO!", many times. What would they think of next? I admit to never being disappointed with either Bridges or Moore in anything. This film had to be a joyous romp for both of them.
I loved it.
September 19, 2016
Mr. Bradley (Kit Harington): [entering the pub] Is Master Gregory here?
Barkeep (Ryan Robbins): Partially.
[indicating which table]

I tried so much to like this; after all, it not only had ubber cutie, Ben Barnes, but also had two Academy-Award winning supporting/leads: Julianne Moore (Mother Malkin) and Jeff Bridges (Master Gregory), and talented supporting actors like Djimon Hounsou (Urag), and Jon Snow (a.k.a. Kit Harington)..... how could you possibly go wrong? I'll tell you how-- a weak plot, dismal direction of the story and choppy cinematography. I mean, c'mon people, haven't we already learned that CG could only take a film so far? Which by the way was probably the only silver lining in the entire movie- the graphics and special effects were kind of cool. Even the wardrobe were laughably lame and looked like something you'd buy off-the-rack in a Halloween store. Overall, the film was sadly inept...don't waste your time like I did.
September 18, 2016
So this was a bad movie in many aspects. I wish it could have been better. Several good actors and actresses were wasted sadly.
½ September 18, 2016
This could have been a good movie...but, I found Jeff Bridges' accent not only ridiculous, but annoying.
September 7, 2016
Story kind of slow and could of used a better actor for Main role
September 2, 2016
Seventh Son is a movie about witches who turn into dragons enough said. The script was quirky and quick with an excellent cast. Great CGI and visual effects with wonderful cinematography. It was an okay movie.
August 29, 2016
Mediocre at best and boring at worst. Effects ok but story and execution are lacking. Just not a great movie but not to bad to have on while working on a project or something.
½ August 20, 2016
This honestly felt like someone read the blurb on the back of one of the Spook's Apprentice books, and told their friend about it some time later, glossing over some details, and perhaps forgetting others; and then that person told his partner about it while they were walking down the street on a particularly windy day a few steps ahead of someone walking behind them, who managed to catch bits and snippets of conversation, who then thought- "wow! this would make a great movie!" and proceeded to write a script and create the movie based solely on the information he gathered that fateful windy day. In other words, if you have had the pleasure of reading Delaney's series "The Spook's Apprentice", please do yourself a favour and avoid this movie.
½ August 16, 2016
Fairly done, though ambitious in its efforts to emulate the likes of The Hobbit trilogy. The great cast doesn't quite save this film either.