Sex and the City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sex and the City Reviews

November 17, 2016
The fans of the show may be satisfied, but this film is hideous, predictable, feels like Mexican telenovela and is embarrassment to the show. Ultimately, it fails on every level and should have never been made.
½ September 13, 2016
Es entretenida, me gusta que muestra todo tipo de relaciones entre las parejas, tanto las buenas como las malas, y que al final llegan a una conclusión y un avance en los personajes, lastimosamente no me gusta Sarah Jessica Parker, no me gusta verla, y me parece que es muy larga, se podría hacer esta película en 100 minutos.
August 1, 2016
In its transition to the big screen, the long-running HBO series gives birth to an endless and uneven movie, and while the TV stories of these four women living for sex and fashion in the Big Apple could be appealing, here the characters seem only shallow, stupid and vulgar.
½ June 12, 2016
Tt jaksaa aina vaan katsoa uudelleen, sarjaa ja leffaa. Alla joku vanha arvio...mutta kyll, sellainen walk-in closet kelpaisi tosiaankin.

As fabulous as I expected! I loved the TV show, I loved the movie (but I don't like Mr. Big so much...). Great clothes, great girls, great guys, great friendship...great clothes! It was exactly what you can expect after the TV show. (but maybe the movie does not give you so much if you don't know the TV series).

All the familiar faces where there, the new girl (assistant) was nice and fresh. Samantha had calm down too much?

I laughed and I cried (and that is what any good movie is supposed to make you do). It is girlish nonsense, but I like it, it is a perfect escape from the reality ;-) It was also a nice story about love and forgiveness.

And I want such a closet, too!!!
May 27, 2016
I don't like this type of movie.
May 21, 2016
I'll admit, I'm biased- I've had a long standing love affair with Carrie and the gang for years now, and I can say as a fan, this did not disappoint.

The story follows the four leading ladies into their true adulthood- some get married (kind of), some get divorced, and some have kids. While the script leaves much to be desired when compared to the stellar writing of the TV series, it's all in all a decent story filled with ups, downs, and one liners from Carrie that still sizzle as much as they did in 2001.

While all of the woman deliver good performances, it's clear that the front runners are Sarah Jessica Parker and Cynthia Nixon. Parker bounces around from ecstatic, to depressed, to being brought back to life with ease.

It's Nixon, though, who takes the cake. The most believable of all the characters, she brings a realness to Miranda that is surely needed given her circumstances this time around. Her acting chops are on full display during a scene in which she makes a tough confession to Carrie- a turning point in the film delivered with a nervous face and quiver in her voice that both seem all too real to be acting. Although no one wants to be "a Miranda", it's her who resembles us most, and whose portrayer gives us emotion that is a cut above the rest.

Lastly, I could not write a review for this film without mentioning the superb cameo by miss Jennifer Hudson. Hudson plays Carries new assistant, and although the role is small, she delivers brilliant facial expressions and words of wisdom throughout. Her down to Earth demeanor makes her likable all around.

And who doesn't love a happy ending?

4 stars from me (yeah, I know)
May 4, 2016
A fabulous girlie film - I'd go to see this just to look at the fashion but it's also a great way to really round up the series. You won't be disappointed!!
May 2, 2016
I can see why people like watching the show, it's funny and relatable to a degree.

but this was insanely long, much longer than it needed to be. could have cut out like half an hour and it would have been better
April 2, 2016
I recently binged Sex and the City for the first time. I was excited to watch the movie but found myself playing on my phone during most of it. I love the girls, but it didn't feel the same and my hate for Big grew even more.
½ October 10, 2015
I'm so sorry I helped pay for this film.
½ September 21, 2015
It made more sense after watching the whole series in a few weeks and knowing every episode and character. Definitely looking forward to the sequel which I'll probably be watching in a few minutes.
½ June 21, 2015
My man card is in tiny pieces
June 19, 2015
Fabulous! So much style and sass in every second of the film. Absolutely love it.
June 13, 2015
I loved it! Not only was it a great movie but a fun experience--when I went it was a room full of women who clapped and oooed and awwwed at all the same things. Also, most of the girls we saw dressed up. I realized that SatC is to girls what Star Wars is to geeks. Also, I was surprised by how long the film was but I'm not complaining it was fabulous from start to finish--everything I had hoped for and more.
½ May 16, 2015
Ihan ok, vaikka en varsinaisesti seuraa Sinkkuelm -sarjaakaan... (Suom. Sinkkuelm)
May 11, 2015
Lazy and too long. Sex and the city feels like a REALLY long episode of the series. It's not funny nor entertaining.
March 15, 2015
It's a guilty pleasure that I watch for the fashion and terrible quirkiness.
March 5, 2015
It was ok... nowhere near as good as the tv series and the fashion sucked especially the wedding dress. However I have never really liked Carrie I think she's quite selfish.
½ March 4, 2015
Cute movie. Made me want to watch the series.