Sherlock Holmes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 18/25
December 26, 2017
Dos estrellas, calificación baja, aunque en realidad está no es una mala película pero esta NO es una película de Sherlock Holmes, uno puede esperar de una película así un gran misterio, una gran trama pero en lugar de eso tenemos más accion, peleas y balazos, donde esté el misterio? Dónde están las habilidades detectivescas de Sherlock Holmes? Está película mis presenta más un soldado que un detective.
December 22, 2017
(77/100)
Very entertaining.
October 21, 2017
Adorei todo o cenário e a performasse do Robert e do Jude. Além de ser um pouco humorístico, o filme tem muita ação e muito mistério.
½ September 18, 2017
I found some things to be a bit too far fetched for their own good. Probably because I don't know anyone in the world with the same seemingly superhuman observation skills of the titular character. However, being unfamiliar with Guy Ritchie's work having only watched that enjoyable but forgettable King Arthur movie, upon seeing how this film started I knew I was in for a stylish mystery movie. It's fun to see Holmes begin deducing things at every twist and turn as Ritchie ensures that no stone is left unturned. Robert Downey Jr. pulls off a mesmerizing performance as Holmes and his British accent is pretty decent. Mark Strong makes for a menacing villain as Lord Blackwood and Jude Law makes the friendship between Holmes and Watson seem realistic as we witness his partner prepare to move out since he's engaged. A healthy dose of action and comedy is present here and I love it. This 21st century update of a beloved character is 2 hours of style and fun. Shame there were only two scenes where Holmes deduces the weak spots of guys he's going to fight leading to an awesome slow-mo version of what he's describing and then the actual thing in normal speed. That seemed ridiculously detailed, didn't it? Never mind, this movie was awesome. I might check out the BBC miniseries with Benedict Cumberbatch someday and see which one's the better: Iron Man or Doctor Strange?
September 18, 2017
Come gran parte dei film di Guy Ritchie, visivamente un'opera incredibile, ma carente dal punto di vista narrativo, con una sceneggiatura ricca, presuntuosa e pesante. Lo stile del regista manifesta ancora una volta la sua vasta presenza lungo tutta la durata della pellicola, intrattenendo e coinvolgendo lo spettatore con un mix di immagini e sonoro davvero fuori dal comune. Da ricordare le magnifiche sequenze d'azione, accompagnate da una grande colonna sonora. Da dimenticare invece la sceneggiatura, difficile da seguire e troppo veloce, non fa respirare lo spettatore, senza dargli istanti su cui riflettere.
September 2, 2017
Great movie, lovely take on a classic character, decent acting. RDJ makes the film.
August 16, 2017
A dark, precisely paced, and funny interpretation of the legendary detective, Guy Ritchie builds a world that is visually trippy and occasionally messy, while Robert Downey Jr. gives a smart-as-a-whip portrayal.
August 14, 2017
An Excellent film by Robert Downey, Jr. is a Must see Movie titled Sherlock Holmes benefits from the elementary appeal, so I give it a *4* star Movie.
August 6, 2017
i am waiting for its third movie !!!!!!
½ July 25, 2017
Rewatching this on tv after seeing it previously. Terrific adaptation of the classic Doyle character.

7/25/17
½ July 8, 2017
The first one is a solid revamp of an old character everybody knows. Guy Ritchie's directorial style is all over this and I really loved the dark undertones set throughout this film. Robert Downey Jr, Jude Law and Mark Strong all bring solid performances. Hans Zimmer also does the score for both films and it's great. I enjoyed it but not as much as some.
June 29, 2017
Pretty good.
6/29/17: Watched with W.
June 19, 2017
Gritty and witty, Sherlock Holmes is not only a slick detective story but a damn fine action movie too, mostly due to Robert Downey Jr.'s strong performance
June 15, 2017
Extremely entertaining reinterpretation of Sherlock Holmes; characters made believable and likable by Robert Downey, Jr and Jude Law. And the music by Hans Zimmer fit perfect to the fast action scenes in old world London.
½ June 10, 2017
It didn't capture the essence of Sherlock Holmes. The atmosphere was all wrong. Very dull as well. (First and only viewing - 12/25/2009 in theaters)
June 7, 2017
Just a fantastic film done by two great actors... have been a RDJ fan for years now.
June 4, 2017
Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law make a great team!
June 4, 2017
Sherlock Holmes puts forward fascinating themes such as it's interesting take on Watson and Holmes relationship, but never fully explores the deeper themes it puts forward and replaces it with action sequences instead.