The Shining - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shining Reviews

November 18, 2017
Before I dont read this movie's book, I think it's a good movie. Actually it's still a good movie.
You can remember the last scene, director added this scene to confuse we're mind, book has'nt this scene ,yes it's confuse we're mind but we can't understand movie. He wanted to do but it's a bit annoying.
Apart from that, it has psychologial impact musics and colors and before I forget it is the best thriller movie even I watch.
November 11, 2017
This is probably one of the greatest horror movies of all time. Stanley Kubrick makes an eerie movie that keeps you up at night. Jack Nicholson is fantastic in this movie. Just like most of the movies he's in, he plays an insane man. Danny Lloyd as the young boy, Danny, is also fantastic. He is one of the main reasons this movie is so eerie. One thing I do not like about this movie is it is slowly paced. It makes the first half of the movie very boring. Other than that, it is one of my favorite movies of all time.
November 4, 2017
One of the all time greats
November 3, 2017
The greatest movie ever made, much like the labyrinth-like hotel and maze in which it is set, has layers and layers of meaning and emotion. All the way down to the colors the characters wear, Kubrick has created a film designed to be- again like the theme - search through by the audience with many separate meanings overlapping much like a dream. The sheer horror of act three will never leave you. A story of knowledge, the evils of beauty and inescapable justice.
November 3, 2017
My favourite horror film
November 2, 2017
A perfect horror movie. The suspense builds beautifully. Stanley Kubrick's best.
October 31, 2017
stop swinging the bat Wendy, Danny boy!
½ October 31, 2017
Suspense is built throughout the movie, and everyone is always at the edge of their seat until the climax. One of Stanley Kubrick's finest works.
October 27, 2017
Endlessly creepy. Brutally so, in fact. It might not terrify you, it might not even shock you, but it will chill you to the bone.
October 26, 2017
This is how you do horror, this film oozes atmosphere and doesn't rely on cheap jumpscares. My only nitpick is that jack seems to go from sane to insane overnight but this is still one of the most unsettling movies of ever made and will get under your skin.
½ October 25, 2017
"The Shining" is most definitely a unique entry in its genre, and that's probably why people still talk about it today. I think the film is constantly eerie and has a very intense finale. I do think it is one of those movies where there is a lot to analyze and look into. The pacing is pretty slow at times and I did feel there were dragging moments in the movie. However, it almost constantly got under my skin and left me puzzled in a good way. Jack Nicholson's unforgettable performance along with the unique story make this a worthwhile movie. I think it is effectively creepy and maintains an unsettling atmosphere, but I wouldn't go the distance of calling this one of the scariest movies ever made, as some have, but I would say it is a good example of what old school horror looked like and surely inspired many movies that came along after it.
October 22, 2017
One of the greatest horror films of all time.
October 22, 2017
Forget its inaccuracies to the book. Forget the book even existed. Take the film in the context of itself. With that in mind, you get not only the greatest horror film ever made, but also one of the greatest films ever made, period. Jack Nicholson's performance is chilling, yet also hard to understand at the same time. This is a film that's dripping with atmosphere. Every shot has questions that need answered. Is The Shining accurate to the book? No. But after seeing the miniseries, I think I know why.

10/10
½ October 20, 2017
The Shining: An atomospheric, scary and thrilling horror masterpeice filled with qotable lines and iconic scenes. With an unforgettable preformance from Jack Nicholson and superb direction from Stanley Kubrick.
October 19, 2017
Stephen King Is My Favorite Author Of All Time.
October 18, 2017
My favorite Stanely Kubrick and horror film which is expertly directed and is a masterpiece! It's based off of the famous Stephen Kind novel and Kubrick does an excellent job putting it on film. Jack Nicholson's unforgettable performance as Jack Torrance who slowly goes mad in the deserted hotel is outstanding and creepy and it's a must see!
October 16, 2017
A horror masterpiece in every since of the word! This is a flawless film! A shining example of what the horror genre can truly be given the right circumstances.
½ October 16, 2017
A horror classic.

Score: 9.3/10
October 16, 2017
Awesome thriller.... unsettling but fascinating!! :)