Short Eyes Reviews

• Apr 01, 2019

i like 70s prison movies

i like 70s prison movies

• Jul 19, 2015

A bit disturbing (even for a prison flick)

A bit disturbing (even for a prison flick)

• May 29, 2014

Slightly stagy adaptation still packs quite a wallop.

Slightly stagy adaptation still packs quite a wallop.

• Oct 27, 2012

Prisoners roll out the welcome mat for a new child molester inmate. More memorable than most prison dramas for the brutal treatment of the new guy. I learned that short eyes is prison slang for a child molester.

• Oct 06, 2012

Thirty-five years on, this story still hold great relevance. One of the more thought provoking films I've seen in awhile.

• Aug 03, 2012

• Jan 08, 2012

I became a professional degenerate. An accused child molester is locked in prison with hardened prisoners. Initially, he does a great job of avoiding conflict and staying unnoticed; however, when he confides in one prisoner, and his story becomes known, it will be harder and harder for him to avoid interactions with other inmates. "Jesus help me!" "Because man won't." Robert Young, director of Roosters, Human Error, Rich Kids, Saving Grace, and JT, delivers Short Eyes. The storyline for this picture is very intense and well written. I was thoroughly impressed by the characters (which reminded me slightly of The Warriors). The ultimate resolve was brilliant and the acting was amazing. The cast includes Bruce Davison, Jose Perez, Nathan George, and Luis Guzman. "You need help." "I'm afraid to find it." Short Eyes was a movie my wife discovered while flicking through the channels and DVR'd based on its potential. I found this movie fascinating and well delivered. The end is brilliant and a perfect turn of events for this wonderful character study. This is not your average prison drama and is definitely worth your time. I strongly recommend this picture. "I give less than a fuck." Grade: A

• Dec 31, 2011

Another in a long line of gritty prison films, this one makes you feel the enclosed surroundings. Hard to find any redeeming qualities among the characters, other than one moral anchor among the inmates. Centrepiece is vicious treatment of a newly arrived child molestor.

• Sep 19, 2011

This movie is not for everybody ;you have to be open minded and ready to see pedophilia ,homosexuality ,violence and cruelty .Although its gets funny its also intellectual and at moments very poetical. Only For philosophers and sophistacated people . Squares and immatures get the hell away from this movie ;its not for u .

• Aug 08, 2011

an unusual, bleak but compelling film based on a play and feels like it....but packs a punch with the realism of prison brutality, mainly with the scenes involving the character of the child molester