Shrunken Heads Reviews

• Jun 19, 2011

While clearly aimed at the younger crowd, Shrunken Heads, even with it's young cast, silly music and slapstic humour, is a blast to watch. Like most Full Moon releases, the story is pretty simple and straight forward but in this case, thanks to a slightly bigger budget, it works well at telling this "kids" story about street punks and what happens to you when you mess with a neighbourhood with a voodoo priest in it.

• Jun 07, 2011

Nem tudtam, hogy hihetek e a szememnek miközben a Zsugorfejeket nà (C)ztem. Adott 3 tizenà (C)ves fiú, akik szemtanúi lesznek egy kocsilopásnak, az esemà (C)nyt követÅ'en pedig tanúskodnak a bűnösök ellen. Az igazság pedig, mint tudjuk vak, így a tolvajokat szabadlábra engedik à (C)s dà 1/4htÅ'l fújtatva agyonlövik a 3 tinà (C)dzsert. A gonosztevÅ'k azonban nem sejtik, hogy áldozataik közeli barátságot ápoltak egy nyugdíjas voodoo pappal, aki nem rest levágni a 3 halott fiúcska fejà (C)t à (C)s azokból összeaszalt kis zsugorfejeket csinálni (pont olyanok, mint a Harry Potter à (C)s az azkabani fogolyban látható kis izà (C) a buszban). Ez mà (C)g nem minden! A zsugorfejek ezt követÅ'en gyilkos trióvá válnak à (C)s megbosszulják az ellenà 1/4k elkövetett merà (C)nyletet. Aki azt hinnà (C), hogy egy fej nem tud bosszút állni, az nagyon tà (C)ved, mert bizony tudnak repà 1/4lni is, áramot lÅ'ni, sÅ't az áldozataikat akár zombivá is át tudják alakítani. Termà (C)szetesen emellett tartalmaz mà (C)g a film tinirománcot, sok vicces beszólást à (C)s minÅ'síthetetlenà 1/4l olcsó effekteket. Már 3x zuhanyoztam mióta láttam tegnap, de mà (C)g mindig mocskosnak à (C)rzem magam. :))

• Jan 14, 2010

Zombies with flatulence. The basic descriptions they have for the Zombies on the news pretty much makes it worth watching. Plus it's Danny Elfman and Richard Elfman, so how could you go wrong. You might actually be surprised who is in this one too.

• Sep 17, 2009

This is possibly the worst movie of all time, which is why I bought it and had it shipped here from the US. Read the plot synopsis. It defies my attempts to describe it.

• Apr 14, 2009

Not as crazy as I was hoping, especially considering that this movie is by the guys who did FORBIDDEN ZONE and MODERN VAMPIRES, but it was still a lot of fun. It had the potential to be even nuttier than those films with its absurd plot, but it doesn't really run with the concept the way it could have. Still, I had a lot of fun watching it, and I challenge you to find another movie with a premise that's as nutty as this one (and as fun to describe).

• Jan 09, 2009

[center][img]http://www.stumpydisks.com/shrunken.jpg[/img] [left][font=Courier New][size=2]During the period between this past Christmas and New Year's Eve, FullMoonDirect.com featured a 50% sale on its box-sets and I decided to pick up a couple sets that I've been meaning to. While shopping through the site, I came across [i]Shrunken Heads[/i], a Full Moon feature I had never seen or heard of before. Reading the synopsis, the film seemed too weird to pass up on, so I added it to my order and awaited its arrival in the mail. The film is directed by Richard Elfman (brother of composer Danny Elfman), who also directed the bizarre little cult gem [i]Forbidden Zone[/i]. [i]Shrunken Heads[/i] is by far one of the weirdest Full Moon movies I have ever seen. And Richard Elfman's keen eye for the macabre went hand and hand with the film, and made [i]Shrunken Heads[/i] one of the more enjoyable films from this legendary studio. I guess since the movie featured kids as its main characters, I was expecting something tame. Something along the lines of Full Moon's kid friendly Moonbeam line of films. But [i]Shrunken Heads[/i] is anything but tame. The trio of heroes aren't in the film too long before they are senselessly gunned down. But don't fear, they are brought back to life by a Haitian voodoo priest... in the form of shrunken heads that is. Kind of a cruel thing to do to them, even if he felt they should seek revenge. From their, the film continued to surprise me. I guess I still expected the film to remain in a kid friendly zone, but it didn't. Instead, the shrunken head versions of the kids kill their murderers, in some grisly fashions. And their were even some zombies in the film for good measure, which is always a plus for me! The two standout performances from the film were Julius Harris as the Haitian voodoo priest Mr. Sumatra, and Meg Foster as gangster leader Big Moe (love that name). Both were over the top characters, but both actors slipped into their roles rather nicely. Both of them have earned places among my favorite Full Moon characters of all time. I was surprised with [i]Shrunken Heads[/i]. I expected it to be another disappointment from Full Moon, but I was happy to see that it wasn't. It has great music (with a theme provided by Danny Elfman), an interesting mix of different decades (the characters seem like they were a mix from the 80's, 60's and the 20's) and a truly strange story that works for me. [i]Shrunken Heads[/i] is one of Full Moon's best.[/size][/font] [/left] [/center]

• Dec 25, 2008

Another Full Moon classic, Shrunken Heads is the story of three boys in the city who hang out and read comic books, occasionally getting hassled by the town bullies who keep doing it enough to finally persuade the boys to fight back. First they get them thrown in jail after a failed carjacking, and then the boys steal they lotto slips from a mafia hideout (ran by don boss Meg Foster in a near unrecognizable role) and then the boys are shot dead. With the help of the newsstand/comic book seller Mr. Sumatra, who also poses as a Haitian Voodoo Priest, the boys are resurrected via shrunken heads. One can shoot electricity, another has vampire teeth, and the third and token brotha of the group got a god damn switchblade. This film has a total 50's vibe kids film, but gradually gets ballsy as the minutes go by. Yes, this movie is BEYOND bizarre, which you could credit to writer Matthew Bright and director Richard Elfman (brother to Danny) who both also made the equally bizarre Forbidden Zone. The film is total B-movie material that definitely shrieks Full Moon, and there is a little treat at the beginning in the form of a fun opening credit son composed by Danny Elfman. Silly film, but fun.

• Aug 25, 2008

Awesome. I got more than I expected from this one. Definitely recommended for a bad movie night.

• May 11, 2008

amazingly crazy b-movie fun, it you enjoy cheese, you'll like this

amazingly crazy b-movie fun, it you enjoy cheese, you'll like this

• Feb 07, 2008

Great B movie, comic book craziness with surprisingly good FX and a star turn by Meg Foster as a transexual mobster.