Reviews

• Jan 21, 2021

The segmented, dream-like style this is broken into may be off-putting to some, especially with its lower budget, but it's a unique and cool way to portray this descent into the Apocalypse. I used to not care for the comedic segment in the middle, but it may be my favorite part now.

• Aug 10, 2020

Like nothing I've ever seen before. It's bloody, disgusting & sometimes humorous.

• Nov 14, 2019

This film was initially 3.25* imo but when I learned that it was made for $50,000 it automatically got a boost to 3.5*. What it manages to accomplish with that sum of money is nothing short of extraordinary. The performances in the film are great, namely AJ Bouyen (who happens to be in 4 of my fav horrors, The Sacrament, The House of the Devil, You're Next and The Guest) and then the very talented Cheri Christian. The characters in this film are very believable given the developments in the plot (which happens to be my 2nd fav part of this movie). It was ahead of it's time in 2007, and the issue the movie revolves around is now central to our everyday lives: our reliance on electronics and what could potentially happen if some party hacked the signal and flooded the airwaves with subliminal images that turn us into maniacs. It's far-fetched, obviously, but are you telling me that you don't think China, USA and/or Russia haven't studied possible applications of this? OK enough conspiracy theory, which no I don't believe in, but it makes the movie so much better if you can suspend your disbelief re that. It's a splatter fest that has dark humour and a very good plot with above average performances/ I definitely recommend this to horror fans.

• Feb 17, 2019

Illogical. Plot poor and ending worse. Fishburne wull obviously do any movie now.

• Jan 08, 2018

It started off great...very intriguing! Then derailed SO completely halfway through...by the end you didnt even think you were watching the same movie it was SO bad!

• Dec 05, 2016

Watch the first entry only, then turn it off and use your imagination, because I can guarantee that whatever you come up with will be a million times better than what you're about to witness.

• Oct 17, 2015

Oddly upbeat and very refreshing. Story is told in three segments that are unique to one another while still telling continues story. It's quirky, charming, and overall different. Second segment is by far my favorite. This is a strong seven, so I will bump it up to an eight as I nearly lost it. Eight strange transmissions out of ten.

• Sep 12, 2015

The Signal succeeds in it's incessant determination to bewilder it's audience through it's unconventional execution of what could have been a typical apocalyptic horror/thriller movie.

• Jul 01, 2015

Take a boring episode of outer limits and stretch it out and this is what you get. One of those movies that is so enthralled with its shock ending that the rest of the movie takes the back seat. One of those movies with a lot of staring. Boring.

• Jun 25, 2015

While not expecting anything, I was pleasantly surprised. Good idea for a plot; a little gruesome; gets a little silly (especially the end); but entertaining for a rainy afternoon. NOT FOR KIDS.