The Silence of the Lambs Reviews

• 9h ago

One of the greatest thrillers of all time with amazing performances lead by Foster

• 1d ago

This movie is just outstanding. Everything from the acting, to the set, to the lighting, is just amazing. It is an absolute must-see.

• 2d ago

This movie is the Sicario before Sicario. But instead of the slow tension building drama and coolness that Sicario has, The Silence of the Lambs is disgusting, creepy, weird, extremely confusing, and did I mention disgusting? I guess I see why it won so many big Academy awards for acting and directing, but hardly enjoyed watching it and I don't see why people love this movie so much. It's so depressing and joyless I was so glad it was over when the movie finally ended. Definitely won't be watching again.

• 4d ago

The suspense is built in such a perfect way that it doesn't even allow us to take our eyes off the screen. The performance of Jodie Foster and Antony Hopkins is impeccable on an inexplicable level and Hannibal Lecter can easily be considered the most intelligent horror villain in cinema.

• Jul 04, 2020

I loved this film some 20 odd years ago; but now it looks dated with a routine plot and a pretty ludicrous ending. The only long-standing highlights are the performances of Foster and in particular Hopkins. Foster's character was remarkably well-drawn with a few helpful flashbacks. Although it never came to a satisfactory closure come the end. As for Hopkins - well what can one say! A true masterclass of Jekyll & Hyde characters rolled into one. And his unsettling narratives with Foster's Starling character were brilliantly delivered. But take away that and you have a fairly routine thriller with what felt like a rushed and formulaic ending.

• Jul 03, 2020

Tense and grotesque, the movie has a wonderful cast and a disturbing enough premise to keep you interested the whole ride.

• Jul 03, 2020

Jodi Foster is what makes this movie great. Her character is well exposed and developed through the plot. The film is psychological horror, mystery, and detective work at its best. My only criticism is in the portrayal of Hannibal Lector: without doubt Anthony Hopkins performance is chilling and engrossing, but it is also otherworldly and detached, which juxtaposed to Brian Cox's portrayal in Manhunter, dilutes from the real terror and yet attractive charisma that character should ooze.

• Jun 27, 2020

A tout thriller that reminds us that we don't need bogeymen, ghosts, werewolves or vampires to be scared out of seats. Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter has all the tools he needs to invoke fear in the audience if he only has his sharp tongue.

• Jun 25, 2020

I love this movie. Jodie and Anthony are great. Also, in my opinion the best adaptation of a book.

• Jun 21, 2020

Super entertaining and intense movie that was never boring. It was also pretty creepy at points which is satisfying. I love how the main character is a woman because, usually, in movies of this nature, it centers around a man. The bad guys were great and were really believable. 10/10 GREAT MOVIE.