Silent House Reviews

• 6d ago

2nd VIEWING: 4* (scared me a lot more the 2nd time around) The tension/suspense is palpable throughout, rarely giving you a break to catch your breath. And there are plenty of scares. Really really enjoyed it the 2nd time around. And once again thought Elizabeth Olsen was spectacular. 1st VIEWING: 3.25* I was pleasantly surprised by this film as I went in not expecting much. I'm a huge fan of the stunning Elizabeth Olsen and watched this bc of her and she did a great job in the lead role. Overall it ended up being a pretty good psychological horror. I'm not the biggest fan of the ending and that prevented the film from being rated higher than 3.25*. But Acts 1 and 2 successfully established a creepy atmosphere and there were some scares too.

• Apr 16, 2019

Terrifying to been, this is a movie that you'll want to cover your eyes!

Terrifying to been, this is a movie that you'll want to cover your eyes!

• Feb 27, 2019

It felt like I was right there with her! Elizabeth Olsen is awesome!

It felt like I was right there with her! Elizabeth Olsen is awesome!

• Feb 23, 2019

A descent story poorly written and directed. The final shot of her leaving the house with a clean, bodyless room behind was stupid. Not sure what writer and director were thinking. I mean you delivered the twist. The audiance now understood it. Why twist us out of the twist. Made no sense. As far as the way it was filmed, i get it, but it failed. Heres why. 50% going to love it, 50% going to hate it. Just film it normally and the you lose the 50% hate group, while the 50% love group dont care because they dont know what they missed. Also, the contineous gratuitous shots of Ms. Olsen's cleveage weren't needed. In closing Elizabeth did an excellant job with a subpar script. Not enough to recommend this movie to anyone other than a joke.

• Nov 29, 2018

Elizabeth Olsen, like the other Olsens, need to quit acting.

Elizabeth Olsen, like the other Olsens, need to quit acting.

• Oct 14, 2018

Intriguing technological prompt, as well the settled environment for the setting, for the genre seems to instead suffered rather than to impress due to the shaky nature of a mediocre found footage flick and the familiar twist really contradicts itself into just a bad dream void. (B-)

• Sep 06, 2018

Terrible idea and terrible execution of said idea. When we can see what's actually going on on-screen we have to find out what the actual plot ideas are..which are ludicrous. Good job for 99% of the time that you can't see a single bloody thing then.

• Aug 09, 2018

Silent House is a disappointing film.. It is about a girl who is trapped inside her family's lakeside retreat and becomes unable to contact the outside world. Elizabeth Olsen and Adam Trese give horrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Chris Kentis did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jun 26, 2018

Called 95% of the ending within the first 5 minutes, and boy did I hate that camera work. But I managed to make it through the 87 minute runtime more or less unscathed, mostly thanks to lead peformer Elizabeth Olsen.

• May 23, 2018

This movie seemed so promising in the first half. It was very scary and definitely kept my attention. THEN ALL COMON SENSE FLYS OUT THE WINDOW. It's like the writer decided to change the plot half way in. It's literally as if you start a whole new movie. The movie was scary, I will give it that. It just didn't make any sense.