Sin City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sin City Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
Very slick stylish film, great visuals. Kind of Pulp fiction meets comic book.
July 29, 2017
A pretty cool movie, but I think this is a great example of style over substance because most of this movie is pretty dumb, but there are good performances and some cool visuals so it's a good time and a good movie.
½ July 23, 2017
excellent film with a weird comic book feel. loving the colour picking.
July 23, 2017
Sin City is so edgy it's good
July 16, 2017
This film is a masterpiece comic book movie. Sin city is such a good with a black & white touch and very artistic plus who doesn't love a good noir stories with action and thrills. Still a good film an oldie but a goodie. Well done Robert Rodriguez and frank Miller you guys made a very artistic noir comic book film a masterpiece.
½ July 3, 2017
saw it in bits n pieces, kept switching channels on flight.
June 26, 2017
Excellent cast and great adaptation from a comic to film. The three stories are so interesting and great!
June 24, 2017
one of my original favorites along with requiem for a dream. it is just my kind of movie. I loved literally everything about it. every scene, every character, every line, every kill, the music, the darkness, the general tone, the black and white with selective colors, the comic bookiness, the ridiculousness, the funny parts, and the overall general super zalama badassness that was oozing out of this movie. jam-packed with beautiful shots that look like they jumped straight out of a comic. an amazing cast with great performances all around. so unique and different. i love it (about 9 viewings)
June 8, 2017
I loved this film so much, that when it finished, me and my mate Rach considered staying in there and watching it a second time :-)
½ June 5, 2017
Four different stories that all come together to create one fantastic film. Must see.
June 2, 2017
Frank Miller's graphic novel is faithfully recreated, almost panel by panel in this noirish, gritty film. Bloody and hyperstylized within an inch of its life (the cinematography is mostly black and white with vermilion reds as the only stand out color), Sin City takes a look at three people whose lives are embroiled in a corrupt city whose social order is on the verge of violent entropy. With gangs and serial killers running amok, cops on the take, degenerate priests and drug dealers by the dozens, Basin City makes downtown Detroit look like the Care Bear's "Care-a-Lot". It's an Iguazu Falls of gore and splatter, and at the core, Bruce Willis, Clive Owen and Mickey Rourke keep Sin City's bloody heart beating.
½ June 1, 2017
I liked it more when I was 15 I think
½ May 21, 2017
From a visual standpoint, I don't think there is any movie out there quite like "Sin City." It truly gives off the feel that you are watching a graphic novel on screen. I was pretty engaged by the three interwoven stories told in this movie and thought the visual style was constantly appealing. I don't think there is a lot of structure to the story and I didn't really feel there was a point but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It feels very original and I enjoyed the way everything looked in the movie.
½ May 19, 2017
I was never a fan of Mr Moonlighting Bruce Willis and his smug, smart-assed action man persona so I never thought that I would admit that he is the selling point in a movie but here it is!..Nothing here quite lives up to the first story with Bruce Willis but Sin City is nonetheless an ultra violent but visually stunning live action version of the crime comic. Oozing as it is with sleaze, vice and wonderful colour splashes on the monochrome screen filter, it is not a film that can lose the attention even if its stories are not all as rewarding and complex as the first one. Yes, in this era of Vin Diesels and Jason Stathams, there are worse things in heaven and earth than Bruce Willis.
½ May 9, 2017
I never read the graphic novel. I find Frank Miller's stuff to be typically too dark/gritty for my tastes. This movie is probably a good representation of the original novel, unfortunately I am not his target audience/reader and did not enjoy the movie. I did find the cinematography interesting. So if you are looking for something visually interesting/different from your typical movie, then I can recommend this movie.
May 6, 2017
Very different exiting fun action packed film with great story or stories in this case.
½ May 4, 2017
Talent gone to waste. Sin City boasts some snazzy visual effects, but it is too gruesome to appreciate. The style is overblown and it ends up being little more than a vulgar display of violence. (First and only viewing - 7/22/2014)
April 21, 2017
½ April 14, 2017
This movie is actually better than expected. Didn't have high expectations until after watching I had a different point of view.
April 12, 2017
Mickey Rourke and Bruce Willis are awesome as always, even though the rest of the cast are mediocre at best! Love the noir tone, and the suspenseful moments kept me invested in the world of this graphic novel adaptation! The weakness of this movie, unfortunately, is the story, The Big Fat Kill. I didn't care about that group of hookers, and Rosario Dawson annoyed the crap out of me! And this is Jessica Alba's best film, though it's not saying much, since she's a horrible actress.