Sin City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sin City Reviews

November 17, 2017
This film is a masterpiece comic book movie. Sin city is such a good with a black & white touch and very artistic plus who doesn't love a good noir stories with action and thrills. Still a good film an oldie but a goodie. Well done Robert Rodriguez and frank Miller you guys made a very artistic noir comic book film a masterpiece.
November 8, 2017
With stunningly unique visuals, great action, and strong performances, Sin City is let down a little by the overuse of narration, although that is forgivable. Mickey Rourke delivers a fantastic performance as Marv, and Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, and Benicio Del Toro are great as well. The black and white visuals with bits of color scattered throughout is intriguing and creative, and the action is brutal and fun.
October 27, 2017
Looks really good with meaningless violence!
½ October 22, 2017
Visually appealing, and cartoonishly violent. Sin City proves to be a fun, darkly engrossing time, though a dull third act drags it down from being something truly spectacular.

3.75/5 stars
½ September 20, 2017
Never seen anything quite like this, a graphic novel comes to life right before your eyes - and what a terrific cast...
½ September 2, 2017
Sin City proves that sometimes style can become substance and when it does, it makes for an incredibly entertaining movie.
September 1, 2017
One of my personal favorites.
½ August 26, 2017
Only Rodriguez, the man behind other violent action flicks like Desperado (1995), or Machete (2010), with the help of Frank Miller, is capable of making a movie like this. I has all the elements of his type of stuff; Naked hookers carying big ass guns, loads of action and wacky characters. And it's an entertaining film with a shit load of style, I love how certain things are in color, even though it's a black and white film. Allthough, it looks sometimes cartoonish, some of the special effects too. This movie reminds me a lot of Tarantino's fabulous Pulp Fiction (1994), it has the same idea of an anthology crime film where the different stories interlock. Anyways, good movie and recommended !!
½ August 14, 2017
Very slick stylish film, great visuals. Kind of Pulp fiction meets comic book.
July 29, 2017
A pretty cool movie, but I think this is a great example of style over substance because most of this movie is pretty dumb, but there are good performances and some cool visuals so it's a good time and a good movie.
½ July 23, 2017
excellent film with a weird comic book feel. loving the colour picking.
July 23, 2017
Sin City is so edgy it's good
½ July 3, 2017
saw it in bits n pieces, kept switching channels on flight.
June 26, 2017
Excellent cast and great adaptation from a comic to film. The three stories are so interesting and great!
June 24, 2017
one of my original favorites along with requiem for a dream. it is just my kind of movie. I loved literally everything about it. every scene, every character, every line, every kill, the music, the darkness, the general tone, the black and white with selective colors, the comic bookiness, the ridiculousness, the funny parts, and the overall general super zalama badassness that was oozing out of this movie. jam-packed with beautiful shots that look like they jumped straight out of a comic. an amazing cast with great performances all around. so unique and different. i love it (about 9 viewings)
June 8, 2017
I loved this film so much, that when it finished, me and my mate Rach considered staying in there and watching it a second time :-)
½ June 5, 2017
Four different stories that all come together to create one fantastic film. Must see.
June 2, 2017
Frank Miller's graphic novel is faithfully recreated, almost panel by panel in this noirish, gritty film. Bloody and hyperstylized within an inch of its life (the cinematography is mostly black and white with vermilion reds as the only stand out color), Sin City takes a look at three people whose lives are embroiled in a corrupt city whose social order is on the verge of violent entropy. With gangs and serial killers running amok, cops on the take, degenerate priests and drug dealers by the dozens, Basin City makes downtown Detroit look like the Care Bear's "Care-a-Lot". It's an Iguazu Falls of gore and splatter, and at the core, Bruce Willis, Clive Owen and Mickey Rourke keep Sin City's bloody heart beating.
½ June 1, 2017
I liked it more when I was 15 I think
½ May 21, 2017
From a visual standpoint, I don't think there is any movie out there quite like "Sin City." It truly gives off the feel that you are watching a graphic novel on screen. I was pretty engaged by the three interwoven stories told in this movie and thought the visual style was constantly appealing. I don't think there is a lot of structure to the story and I didn't really feel there was a point but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It feels very original and I enjoyed the way everything looked in the movie.