Sin City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sin City Reviews

½ March 27, 2017
This movie is actually better than expected. Didn't have high expectations until after watching I had a different point of view.
March 24, 2017
Saw a bit but it was pretty good
March 20, 2017
A fun movie to watch, people can't die in this movie unless they need to for plot.
March 20, 2017
Brilliant adaptation, but the cardboard acting seriously hinders it.
March 5, 2017
I loved it... it was dark and brooding...and to be honest...it had a feel all its own...kinda like a new genre of movies...it was great
February 14, 2017
It's unbelievable how a movie can grow so attached to you. Despite its obvious flaws,Sin City kept and represented the qualities of the source material fairly well. The gritty,dark and moody universe we're introduced in is so immersive we can barely dig out of it by the end of the movie. This is a visual spectacle,complemented by great action sequences as well as many outstanding performances. The stories keep their horror-esque feel all the way through. The music seals the unsettling atmosphere which further makes you interested in the world. It's not so much the stories which attract me so much,it's the breathing and living universe of sin and rotting moral we're thrown in,that really made invested. Movie offers a great deal of parallels which can be associated with the real world. The politics,corrupted by greed and power ignores any or all of the citizen needs,in favor of their own prosperity. The gang background is the most obvious representation of the real world,as you wouldn't need to go far to encounter a real-life establishment like this.
½ February 8, 2017
Sin City is the best adaption of a comic book I have ever seen. It is like they just copied and pasted the comic book to the screen. It is so visually stunning and impressive to look at. It has a lot of gratuitous violence. A solid movie and one that will change the comic book genre.
January 31, 2017
there is always the same problematic when a book is transfered to the big screen. I never read the book, i see complains about doing both.
Bottom line, i can watch that film again and again and again. it might not be great but it pulls you into it. Pure epicness
January 20, 2017
excellent. love whole series
January 7, 2017
4 stars last time I saw it. I want to watch it again
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 12, 2016
Enchanting and Intriguing to the Eye, Sin City can satisfie everyone since the graphic novel's lovers to filmgoers,
½ December 3, 2016
Another Robert Rodriguez movie I love, with an outstanding performance from Benicio Del Toro.
December 3, 2016
Looks ok, would watch if there was nothing else on.
December 2, 2016
A more unique néo-noir crime setting, Frank Miller doesn't fail to impress us with his creative visuals and storytelling coming to life.
November 24, 2016
This film marked a considerable downfall for one of my idols. It was weird, yet everyone liked it. Robert Rodriguez got extremely wrapped up in the George Lucas style of shooting films. All green screen and digital effects. Though everyone praises Machete, No one cared much for its sequel or a Dame to Kill For. But to his credit, he has put himself in the wonderful position to do whatever he wants. It just pains me that most of these actors were never even in the same room with each other. I'd venture to call that an editor's dream.

This film is 4 stories that not only interlay well but broke the mold at the same time. It is like the remake of psycho in a way that is it a 100% accurate depiction of its source material. It broke the mold of digital filming at the time and was so different to our eyes even though it was simply black and white. When colors are used, it seems to fit the mood perfect. It took a truly ensemble cast and translated Frank Millers work beautifully. It also seems a lot like Planet Terror in how they stuck to a genre, the embodiment of noir.

This movie made Robert Rodriguez even more of a pioneer. It is bloody like a Tarantino movie. Also, it isn't in chronological order, which is another staple of Quentin. It is over dramatic and perfectly cartoony. The pulpy way it plays was interesting and Frank Millers early works will always be classic. Never personally was too big of a fan, but I understand the accomplishments of the film.
November 11, 2016
It was quite weird and cruel but still a great movie! :)
½ November 7, 2016
Visionary and exciting, a real modern masterpiece from Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. Outstanding cast, visuals, and storytelling.
October 31, 2016
The most graphic-novely of graphic novel movies, and very Frank Miller - it has his name through it, like a mean, moody, atmospheric, distopian stick of Blackpool rock.
It's one of the most stylised and visually distinctive films you're likely to see. Black and white mixes with vibrant colours - a vibrancy which is in stark contrast to the drab, noirish setting - harking back strongly to the source material.
Easily one of Rodriguez's finest films.
October 29, 2016
Robert Rodriguez delivers a gem diamond in Sin City! Adapted by Frank Miller and he also directs. With a speacial co directer Quentin Tarintino. Mickey Rourke delivers one of the best and most bad ass characters ever as Marve. And Bruce Willis as Hartigan isn't far off. Bencio Del Toro also delivers as Jackie Boy. And the whole cast is amazing also! The best movie of 2005 by far!!! Sin City is to good!!!