Sin City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sin City Reviews

January 7, 2017
4 stars last time I saw it. I want to watch it again
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 12, 2016
Enchanting and Intriguing to the Eye, Sin City can satisfie everyone since the graphic novel's lovers to filmgoers,
½ December 3, 2016
Another Robert Rodriguez movie I love, with an outstanding performance from Benicio Del Toro.
December 3, 2016
Looks ok, would watch if there was nothing else on.
December 2, 2016
A more unique néo-noir crime setting, Frank Miller doesn't fail to impress us with his creative visuals and storytelling coming to life.
November 24, 2016
This film marked a considerable downfall for one of my idols. It was weird, yet everyone liked it. Robert Rodriguez got extremely wrapped up in the George Lucas style of shooting films. All green screen and digital effects. Though everyone praises Machete, No one cared much for its sequel or a Dame to Kill For. But to his credit, he has put himself in the wonderful position to do whatever he wants. It just pains me that most of these actors were never even in the same room with each other. I'd venture to call that an editor's dream.

This film is 4 stories that not only interlay well but broke the mold at the same time. It is like the remake of psycho in a way that is it a 100% accurate depiction of its source material. It broke the mold of digital filming at the time and was so different to our eyes even though it was simply black and white. When colors are used, it seems to fit the mood perfect. It took a truly ensemble cast and translated Frank Millers work beautifully. It also seems a lot like Planet Terror in how they stuck to a genre, the embodiment of noir.

This movie made Robert Rodriguez even more of a pioneer. It is bloody like a Tarantino movie. Also, it isn't in chronological order, which is another staple of Quentin. It is over dramatic and perfectly cartoony. The pulpy way it plays was interesting and Frank Millers early works will always be classic. Never personally was too big of a fan, but I understand the accomplishments of the film.
November 11, 2016
It was quite weird and cruel but still a great movie! :)
½ November 7, 2016
Visionary and exciting, a real modern masterpiece from Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. Outstanding cast, visuals, and storytelling.
October 31, 2016
The most graphic-novely of graphic novel movies, and very Frank Miller - it has his name through it, like a mean, moody, atmospheric, distopian stick of Blackpool rock.
It's one of the most stylised and visually distinctive films you're likely to see. Black and white mixes with vibrant colours - a vibrancy which is in stark contrast to the drab, noirish setting - harking back strongly to the source material.
Easily one of Rodriguez's finest films.
October 29, 2016
Robert Rodriguez delivers a gem diamond in Sin City! Adapted by Frank Miller and he also directs. With a speacial co directer Quentin Tarintino. Mickey Rourke delivers one of the best and most bad ass characters ever as Marve. And Bruce Willis as Hartigan isn't far off. Bencio Del Toro also delivers as Jackie Boy. And the whole cast is amazing also! The best movie of 2005 by far!!! Sin City is to good!!!
½ September 24, 2016
In what is considered by many to be his magnum opus (an assertion of which I wholeheartedly agree), Robert Rodriguez has given us one of the best comic book movies to date. Never before have I witnessed such a beautifully rendered visual style on screen. The sharp black and white look with some striking colors throughout makes this a movie that, as clichéd as it sounds, feels like watching the pages of Frank Miller's graphic novel come to life. But even taking away that style, the movie still works for its extremely memorable characters and simple but engaging stories. Rodriguez has employed some of the best actors in the business with each bringing their A-game regardless of the size of their role. My personal favorite is Elijah Wood as the homicidal killer Kevin who manages to be extremely bone-chilling without saying a single word and with only about five minutes of screentime. Each story is well written (which of course owes much of that to Miller's original writing) and clear cut with solid characters and motivations. They work individually and as part of the larger narrative. In my humble opinion, That Yellow Bastard is the best (and most disturbing) and The Long Goodbye is the weakest (mainly for a few minor lingering plot points). But perhaps most importantly, Sin City is a film that radiates confidence. By confidence I mean that it's so sure of itself in its look, storytelling, performances, and enthusiasm that it gives the film that extra special element that is lacking in many other similar products. What could've been all style and no substance manages to be a happy medium of both. The end result is a special movie that it infinitely enticing. Yes, this is a cool movie and I say that as a fact.
September 21, 2016
Robert Rodriguez's "Pulp Fiction."
September 18, 2016
Es una película muy interesante, muy diferente a las demás, me gusta mucho como es en blanco y negro pero usan colores para algunas cosas, los personajes son muy interesantes al igual que las historias, pero a veces habían cosas que no tenias sentido.
September 6, 2016
A stylized action drama that feels like a Tarantino film, because his like-minded buddy Robert Rodriguez is the one who brings the graphic novel to the silver screen. An incredibly impressive cast for this urban, but somewhat mythic world. Some of the cast members were unrecognizable in their roles, but the style of the film is very recognizable indeed. An entertaining blood bath that carries some flare making it aesthetically pleasing sometimes, but not really that memorable or something I'd want to watch again.
August 31, 2016
This was a really awesome movie, loaded with star power, and based off a Frank Miller comic. This film did everything right, Willis, Rourke, and Owen all made great heroes, with Mickey Rourke's character perhaps being one of the most badass I have seen ever on screen. A great story paired with great special effects like never seen before helps make Sin City one of my all time favorites.
½ August 27, 2016
Though it's visually outstanding and nicely acted and directed, the story itself feels all over the place and nowhere at the same time.
½ August 26, 2016
Gorgeous. Boring as hell.
August 13, 2016
Groundbreaking presentation, amazing visuals.
August 8, 2016
Best movie of 2005. You will never get such a great cast like this again.