Sin City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sin City Reviews

½ May 21, 2017
From a visual standpoint, I don't think there is any movie out there quite like "Sin City." It truly gives off the feel that you are watching a graphic novel on screen. I was pretty engaged by the three interwoven stories told in this movie and thought the visual style was constantly appealing. I don't think there is a lot of structure to the story and I didn't really feel there was a point but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It feels very original and I enjoyed the way everything looked in the movie.
½ May 19, 2017
I was never a fan of Mr Moonlighting Bruce Willis and his smug, smart-assed action man persona so I never thought that I would admit that he is the selling point in a movie but here it is!..Nothing here quite lives up to the first story with Bruce Willis but Sin City is nonetheless an ultra violent but visually stunning live action version of the crime comic. Oozing as it is with sleaze, vice and wonderful colour splashes on the monochrome screen filter, it is not a film that can lose the attention even if its stories are not all as rewarding and complex as the first one. Yes, in this era of Vin Diesels and Jason Stathams, there are worse things in heaven and earth than Bruce Willis.
½ May 9, 2017
I never read the graphic novel. I find Frank Miller's stuff to be typically too dark/gritty for my tastes. This movie is probably a good representation of the original novel, unfortunately I am not his target audience/reader and did not enjoy the movie. I did find the cinematography interesting. So if you are looking for something visually interesting/different from your typical movie, then I can recommend this movie.
May 6, 2017
Very different exiting fun action packed film with great story or stories in this case.
½ May 4, 2017
Talent gone to waste. Sin City boasts some snazzy visual effects, but it is too gruesome to appreciate. The style is overblown and it ends up being little more than a vulgar display of violence. (First and only viewing - 7/22/2014)
April 21, 2017
½ April 14, 2017
This movie is actually better than expected. Didn't have high expectations until after watching I had a different point of view.
April 12, 2017
Mickey Rourke and Bruce Willis are awesome as always, even though the rest of the cast are mediocre at best! Love the noir tone, and the suspenseful moments kept me invested in the world of this graphic novel adaptation! The weakness of this movie, unfortunately, is the story, The Big Fat Kill. I didn't care about that group of hookers, and Rosario Dawson annoyed the crap out of me! And this is Jessica Alba's best film, though it's not saying much, since she's a horrible actress.
½ April 9, 2017
With a perfect cinematography that captures the total essence of the original work,"Sin City" is the proof that violence, great visuals and a good screeplay can fit in the best way possible.
March 24, 2017
Saw a bit but it was pretty good
March 20, 2017
A fun movie to watch, people can't die in this movie unless they need to for plot.
March 20, 2017
Brilliant adaptation, but the cardboard acting seriously hinders it.
March 5, 2017
I loved it... it was dark and brooding...and to be honest...it had a feel all its own...kinda like a new genre of movies...it was great
February 14, 2017
It's unbelievable how a movie can grow so attached to you. Despite its obvious flaws,Sin City kept and represented the qualities of the source material fairly well. The gritty,dark and moody universe we're introduced in is so immersive we can barely dig out of it by the end of the movie. This is a visual spectacle,complemented by great action sequences as well as many outstanding performances. The stories keep their horror-esque feel all the way through. The music seals the unsettling atmosphere which further makes you interested in the world. It's not so much the stories which attract me so much,it's the breathing and living universe of sin and rotting moral we're thrown in,that really made invested. Movie offers a great deal of parallels which can be associated with the real world. The politics,corrupted by greed and power ignores any or all of the citizen needs,in favor of their own prosperity. The gang background is the most obvious representation of the real world,as you wouldn't need to go far to encounter a real-life establishment like this.
½ February 8, 2017
Sin City is the best adaption of a comic book I have ever seen. It is like they just copied and pasted the comic book to the screen. It is so visually stunning and impressive to look at. It has a lot of gratuitous violence. A solid movie and one that will change the comic book genre.
January 31, 2017
there is always the same problematic when a book is transfered to the big screen. I never read the book, i see complains about doing both.
Bottom line, i can watch that film again and again and again. it might not be great but it pulls you into it. Pure epicness
January 20, 2017
excellent. love whole series
January 7, 2017
4 stars last time I saw it. I want to watch it again
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 12, 2016
Enchanting and Intriguing to the Eye, Sin City can satisfie everyone since the graphic novel's lovers to filmgoers,