Slumdog Millionaire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slumdog Millionaire Reviews

November 29, 2017
Great movie. Dogs at every turn. Relentless animals left and right. How can this kind of world still exist. The movie really captured what it was like when Who wants to be a millionaire was popular and someone got hot and everyone knew about it.
½ November 26, 2017
The oscar award winning movie which is truly the on e of the best movies in Bollywood.
November 7, 2017
Sem dúvida um dos melhores filmes já produzidos a história te prende e não deixa você perder nenhuma parte do filme que tem atuações expetaculares,muito bem dirigido e seria uma injustiça se não tivesse ganho nenhum prêmio da academia de cinema.
November 6, 2017
Stylistically sharp and emotionally captivating, Slumdog Millionaire is a film that perfectly combines both feel-good and somber tones.
½ November 4, 2017
Esta película causó una gran impresión en mi. Literalmente lloré tres días seguidos... Sin embargo, no podría dar una opinión objetiva sobre la película, pues simplemente me hizo pensar en muchas cosas relacionadas a mi vida, por cuestiones muy particulares y personales. De todos modos, es una buena película! la recomiendo!
October 29, 2017
Both authentic and fantastical, but overall its's very well made.
October 8, 2017
This movie is so vibrant, visually stunning, and powerful, Danny Boyle's masterpiece is almost too much for the eyes at once.
½ September 22, 2017
Maybe slightly more clichéd than a winner of eight Oscars ought to be, 'Slumdog Millionaire' nonetheless uses the work of a stellar cast and director to its advantage, even if the story's fluidity lacks in places. Still, we've most certainly seen worse, in every respect.
Verdict: B
September 9, 2017
What do I make of this? It has some interesting, worthwhile bits with social commentary on poverty in the slums of India. Then it has the ridiculous contrivance of the game show. No idea why everyone is being so randomly dickish to Jamal? And then actually the more realistic plot turns into an eyerollable contrivance too. The closing song and dance number is very nice but it has to be a thumbs down overall. 4.1 out of 10
August 7, 2017
It is a crowd pleasing, riveting, and very suspenseful motion picture. It utilizes original and wonderful storytelling with characters that you genuinely care about. It is an emotional and engaging movie from the moment it starts until the moment it ends. The performances are top notch and feel grounded in reality. The music and score make the movie all the more exhilarating. It is a great feel good movie that I have watched over and over again and will continue to do so.
½ July 28, 2017
Boy meets girl. Boy loses girl. Older boy meets older girl again. Older boy loses older girl again. Oldest boy joins gameshow in hopes of meeting oldest girl once more. Tenuous links between societal ramifications and impoverished tragedy ensue. Ends with lopsided irony.
½ July 22, 2017
If this movie won eight Oscar awards, it better be good. I shall find out.
½ July 10, 2017
Slumdog Millionaire is a lovely film about fighting back against all obstacles put in front of you. Fighting off poverty, loss of family and loved ones and betrayals, Jamal rises to be a millionaire from the slums. A true feel-good film by the end if there ever was one.
July 1, 2017
Movie is pure genius! Easily deserved best picture.
June 24, 2017
I was very prejudge about this movie at first but it was much better than i had expect! A very different story but i still don't believe that this movie deserves 8 oscars :)
June 20, 2017
This story was told in such an interesting and dramatic way, and being a lover of quiz shows I found the ending clever and tense. My favourite film of 2008. AAW GGWD. 1001
½ June 10, 2017
Extremely overrated. Too unrealistic even for the movies. Too sappy as well. I couldn't stand it. (First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
June 6, 2017
An engaging, feel-good, interesting and, at times, shocking story told very well by the actors and director Danny Boyle.
½ June 5, 2017
Interesting concept, yet has flaws with pacing, editing, and continuity. Slightly unrealistic but is good. Great acting, an amazing performance from Dev Patel!
½ June 2, 2017
Slumdog Millionaire stands along side Trainspotting as one of Danny Boyle's best. Brilliant directing, acting, editing and cinematography help tell this powerful and utterly compelling story. While it does have flaws it's still an excellent movie and a high point in the careers of everyone involved. A