Solomon Kane Reviews

• Oct 01, 2019

It was watchable. Lots of bloody fight scenes and beheadings. Good plot line but moved along at a snails pace.

• Aug 21, 2019

A fun splashy film, I really wish this did well enough to get those sequels that were planned. They had a good start here

• Aug 11, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed most of the gritty yet cheesy bits that was this film. Wish we could of seen the rest of the trilogy of films planned

• May 26, 2019

Solomon Kane is a ship's Captain known for his extreme courage and violence. The Devil wants his soul, so he hides out in a monastery and becomes a Puritan man of peace, to the point where he stands and does nothing while an innocent child is killed before his eyes. However, when they kidnap the young lady he's interested in, that changes everything and he unleashes the savage violence pent up inside him. A decent performance by Purefoy in a ho-hum movie.

• May 21, 2019

Every time I found myself sinking into the story, upholding my suspension of disbelief and enjoying myself, the movie had some way of pulling me back out into the real world, either with hammy acting, unsubtle literary symbolism, or an incredibly predictable plot.

• Apr 10, 2019

I really like dark fantasy, and this movie kept the tone and gloominess throughout, but with the lack of good action and good characters and a quick story dull it. It starts off strong, introducing the protagonist with some decent action, yet somehow loses its grip. The main character loses his motive and just gets a new one. It's not bad but from what I saw in the beginning it's somehow a downgrade that happens thirty minutes into the film. The combat is okay; it is the favorable part in the film but it wasn't too violent. I don't know why it's rated R, I don't think they ever dropped an F-bomb, it was only blood and it wasn't excessive. This is an alright film, interesting to say the least.

• Apr 04, 2019

I feel like it would have been better as a novel. I get a real Steven King Dark Tower vibe from it and I would have rather read it than watched it. The only other complaint is that it isn't very well structured, going into a flash back for about fifteen minutes. All the back story should have been done at the begging and then let the movie follow go forward naturally.

• Feb 25, 2019

Good adaptation of Solomon Kane. Too bad there wont be any sequels.

Good adaptation of Solomon Kane. Too bad there wont be any sequels.

• Jan 24, 2019

I quite enjoyed this film adaptation of the REH stories. It achieved a great deal on a small budget. I’d definitely have liked to see more in the series.

• Jan 10, 2019

Just found this to watch and have to say. I wish I'd seen it sooner. Purefoy was great! He swashbuckled his way through a landscape that has that delightfully creepy vibe that makes you feel as if magic is afoot st all times. The characters were nicely done, the costumes were fantastic and the stunts were great. I liked the story and followed it with interest. A fun movie, well worth watching. Sadly, it doesn't look as if the trilogy will happen. I wish it would though. In a time of remakes, and plodding clod hoppers of tentpoles, a good old sword and sorcery film with good acting and great characters is needed.