Something Borrowed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something Borrowed Reviews

½ April 2, 2017
Yawn. Boring & superficial. Shame, I really like Kate Hudson but even she couldn't save this same tired storyline with zero chemistry
April 1, 2017
Nice chick flick about best friends and how ghe relationship between bestie when a man gets in the middle.
January 14, 2017
Film culcul qui est quand même bien fait, un peu caricatural, mais surtout à la fin. Trop facile les dominos qui tombent en place.
November 11, 2016
I love this movie!!!!!
October 18, 2016
I love love loved this movie. They story is told in a way that makes life look so rich and and beautiful. An ensemble of characters that although do stand as rom com archetypes, present themselves as quite complex and endearing. The cast did a really great job with this, working within the limits of their characters, but also eluding to a hidden depth. I really am baffled as to why this movie got such a low rating. I loved it and would say that it's one of my favourite rom coms.
October 16, 2016
Terrible!!!
Are we supposed to be rooting for Ginnifer who SLEEPS with her Best Friend's Fiancee???!!
Horrible! & then in the end they add that Darcy cheated on the fiancee as for ppl to feel good about Ginnifer and Dex?
Terrible movie. Terrible plot. Terrible people.
½ September 27, 2016
Although the actors are some of my favorites to watching chick flicks. I don't know how one can justify sleeping with their best friend's fiancé or boyfriend. Regardless to if she was in love with him first, it still doesn't matter he's not yours and it's not right and I don't understand how people can find this movie good. Even if your best friend it is self-centered narcissistic or whatever else it still doesn't justify the fact of sleeping with him and at the end of the movie obviously pursuing a relationship with him. How about you just be honest with yourself and yourself called friend by telling her that you like her before they start dating? I think this movie just gave all cheaters and anyone else in this in a relationship like this justification for their actions please bye Felicia
September 11, 2016
it was pretty good in my opinion
½ September 5, 2016
Luke Greenfield's "Something Burrowed" was difficult it was difficult liking these people, yeah the performances were good but it's the script that's mostly the problem the message was a little terrible I like the message that you should follow your heart but the film has the wrong idea. But hey call me crazy I actually liked Something Burrowed, I liked the performances I did laugh a little but the characters were stupid and do stupid things I had the same experience reading the novel which this film is based on. Ginnifer Goodwin plays Rachel a successful lawyer she's friends with Darcy (Kate Hudson) Darcy's self-absorbed and selfish. Rachel is love in with Darcy's fiancee Dex (Colin Egglesfield), Rachel and Colin end up sleeping with each other on the night of her thirtieth birthday. John Krasinki plays Rachel's friend Ethan who encourages Rachel to follow your heart also tries to get away from Claire (Ashley Williams) the one who he had a one night stand. Kate Hudson was really good playing this self-absorbed selfish narcissist. After watching the film I read the book as a person who read the book the film's an okay adaptation. 2.5/5 stars for the film 3/5 stars for the book.
½ August 12, 2016
I think they forgot to remove some deleted scenes from the movie itself. Maybe.
March 23, 2016
While the characters could be whiny and annoying, I LOVED the book. I read it in 3 days. So, when I found out there was a movie, I was excited. But they ruined the plot! Key points were screwed up! Every casting choice did not fit the character and it was like a soap opera in a movie format.
½ March 17, 2016
Worst film I've ever started watching.
March 9, 2016
Love this movie. Love the love triangle plus one. Wanted them to get together so bad.
½ March 4, 2016
03.04.2016: Did not like this movie. A bunch of indecisive people who don't know what they want.
½ January 29, 2016
It was horrible.Honestly, why were they trying to justify the fact that she slept with her best friend`s fiance? It was wrong. In no way should you ever sleep with your best friend`s boyfriend, fiance or worse husband. Even though you supposedly `loved` him first
January 2, 2016
Film de fille. Ca fait la Job !
November 7, 2015
Horrible characters, horrible movie, wasted Krasinski.
October 28, 2015
This is the kind of movie that you shouldn't know anything before watching it... don't read about or even watch the ads, you will enjoy it more, otherwise it will prob be too predictable.
½ October 28, 2015
Can't figure out why I like it when essentially everyone's a cheater and taking their best friend's significant other. Nonetheless, cute - how can you go wrong with Ginnifer Goodwin and Kate Hudson? And the guy who plays the lead is just beautiful.
October 18, 2015
Something Borrowed is a decent film. It is about Rachel who falls for her best friend's fiance. Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places that still has some laughs. Luke Greenfield did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and romance.