Something Borrowed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Something Borrowed Reviews

½ August 7, 2017
f****** depressing. Ginnifer Goodwin is so cute though.
July 26, 2017
Not my favourite chick flick but not bad either. I just don't like how Darcy is the "bad guy" and therefore cheating on her is socially okay. Yes, Rachel and Dex felt bad and guilty but movie watchers accept that it's okay because Rachel and Dex belong together when they should've just talked about it with Darcy. And on top of that, Darcy cheated on Dex and got pregnant and just out it off as a casual everyday thing when this shouldn't be acceptable.
July 23, 2017
This movie was very well done. Unfortunately the plot itself, which I know is based on a novel, is not that good. It Ginnifer Goodwin is lovely and Colin Egglesfield was great. I never watched any of his work but he is so convincing in this movie. You end up feeling for him because he portrays the role of dutiful son, whose heart really belongs to another but wants to ensure everyone else's happiness but his own. Of course Kate Hudson and Krasinski were also excellent. It was just a great cast with wonderful acting - but the plot - the very reason Colin cannot break it off was for his mother and her sickness, but the movie doesn't explain or show much of her illness. So I think it takes away from the depths of Dex's despair. I feel what he's feeling because he acted well, but we really don't know why.
July 7, 2017
On Pay TV endlessly ATM. So watched a few times! Perfect glossy escapism. Bit of depth. Everyone one has nice hair and teeth. Cocktails and Hampton beach times make it fun.The plot lines, thankfully, are believable. Not as poignant as the book but not a complete fairy floss.
½ June 30, 2017
What an exceedingly disappointing movie. Just when the movie is about to take a good turn and truly award this poor woman some autonomy, some respect, and what the filmmakers apparently want the audience to believe to be the better love interest - a friend who has always cared for her- they swipe it all back at the end and deliver a sub par, poorly matched, waste of a character arc, ending. Wow it was bad. So bad. The one redeeming feature - John Krasinski
May 18, 2017
No chemistry among the casts at all. Plain as fuck.
½ May 6, 2017
Half a star as this appears to be the lowest option. None of the characters were believable as humans. Were it not for John Krasinski then I would have turned this off immediately. The romance between all of the d-bags in this movie was not something that any of the people watching it with me were routing for. They are all terrible people. A massive car accident to put their petty problems into perspective would have helped this film.
½ April 2, 2017
Yawn. Boring & superficial. Shame, I really like Kate Hudson but even she couldn't save this same tired storyline with zero chemistry
April 1, 2017
Nice chick flick about best friends and how ghe relationship between bestie when a man gets in the middle.
January 14, 2017
Film culcul qui est quand même bien fait, un peu caricatural, mais surtout à la fin. Trop facile les dominos qui tombent en place.
November 11, 2016
I love this movie!!!!!
October 18, 2016
I love love loved this movie. They story is told in a way that makes life look so rich and and beautiful. An ensemble of characters that although do stand as rom com archetypes, present themselves as quite complex and endearing. The cast did a really great job with this, working within the limits of their characters, but also eluding to a hidden depth. I really am baffled as to why this movie got such a low rating. I loved it and would say that it's one of my favourite rom coms.
October 16, 2016
Terrible!!!
Are we supposed to be rooting for Ginnifer who SLEEPS with her Best Friend's Fiancee???!!
Horrible! & then in the end they add that Darcy cheated on the fiancee as for ppl to feel good about Ginnifer and Dex?
Terrible movie. Terrible plot. Terrible people.
½ September 27, 2016
Although the actors are some of my favorites to watching chick flicks. I don't know how one can justify sleeping with their best friend's fiancé or boyfriend. Regardless to if she was in love with him first, it still doesn't matter he's not yours and it's not right and I don't understand how people can find this movie good. Even if your best friend it is self-centered narcissistic or whatever else it still doesn't justify the fact of sleeping with him and at the end of the movie obviously pursuing a relationship with him. How about you just be honest with yourself and yourself called friend by telling her that you like her before they start dating? I think this movie just gave all cheaters and anyone else in this in a relationship like this justification for their actions please bye Felicia
September 11, 2016
it was pretty good in my opinion
½ September 5, 2016
Luke Greenfield's "Something Burrowed" was difficult it was difficult liking these people, yeah the performances were good but it's the script that's mostly the problem the message was a little terrible I like the message that you should follow your heart but the film has the wrong idea. But hey call me crazy I actually liked Something Burrowed, I liked the performances I did laugh a little but the characters were stupid and do stupid things I had the same experience reading the novel which this film is based on. Ginnifer Goodwin plays Rachel a successful lawyer she's friends with Darcy (Kate Hudson) Darcy's self-absorbed and selfish. Rachel is love in with Darcy's fiancee Dex (Colin Egglesfield), Rachel and Colin end up sleeping with each other on the night of her thirtieth birthday. John Krasinki plays Rachel's friend Ethan who encourages Rachel to follow your heart also tries to get away from Claire (Ashley Williams) the one who he had a one night stand. Kate Hudson was really good playing this self-absorbed selfish narcissist. After watching the film I read the book as a person who read the book the film's an okay adaptation. 2.5/5 stars for the film 3/5 stars for the book.
½ August 12, 2016
I think they forgot to remove some deleted scenes from the movie itself. Maybe.
March 23, 2016
While the characters could be whiny and annoying, I LOVED the book. I read it in 3 days. So, when I found out there was a movie, I was excited. But they ruined the plot! Key points were screwed up! Every casting choice did not fit the character and it was like a soap opera in a movie format.
½ March 17, 2016
Worst film I've ever started watching.
March 9, 2016
Love this movie. Love the love triangle plus one. Wanted them to get together so bad.