The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Reviews

March 3, 2017
It's a rare treat to have a family film with great acting and action and a great story line - We found the movie very entertaining. I wish there was a squeal to look forward to.
February 25, 2017
14.12.2010,
25.02.2017
February 24, 2017
The film was average by any mean, and it wasted a huge deal of potential. However, I enjoyed it a lot more than I though I would.
January 30, 2017
The action and CG is good enough to watch but the plot is not super exciting. There is nothing new about the story.
½ January 14, 2017
Fun movie but why in the modern day?
December 21, 2016
I loved it! It was great!
November 29, 2016
a fantastic movie with some great and some ok performances. Nic Cage is awesome as a wizard and the magic is interesting and action sequences are entertaining.
November 10, 2016
As with a lot of these Bruckheimer/Disney movies (G-Force, Prince of Persia, etc.) there's enough money on screen and Hollywood polish to make it easily digestible, even if it is rather dull.
November 6, 2016
Featuring Nicolas Cage in one of his most restrained performances, The Sorcerer's Apprentice may not be memorable in years to come, but it's fun to watch.
November 5, 2016
11/5/16: Watched with the kids.
October 23, 2016
Just wow. I almost crashed my new lexus driving home from the theatre on opening night trying to post this review. I'm not sure why exactly nicholas cage isn't in the middle for the movie poster and instead that gay kangaroo is there, but besides that i was changed by this movie. I had to tell my youth group at the rec center to see this movie after doing their hail marys this friday. The layout of all the sorcerers and clear references to feminism in the 70s really had my jaw on the ground the entire time. It's funny I never really noticed all the small hints at how OG simpson was totally innocent until I saw it for the 5th time today. I'm fairly certain that my brother isn't talking to me anymore and that he is sleeping with my wife.
October 9, 2016
I have watched this many times. It's great for turning off your brain and just enjoying it. Wanting the nerd to get the girl and come into himself. My niece's and nephew's love coming over to see it on my big TV with extra butter popcorn.
½ September 10, 2016
One of my favorite movies about magic!
August 12, 2016
From the cast, over the music and the style of the magic in here to the story I liked this film... a lot.
July 7, 2016
This movie does very well with creativity on the way they use magic and gave a great throwback from the original Fantasia short and gave a great message to kids who would watch it to believe in themselves to achieve the most unbelievable things possible.
June 8, 2016
Disney attempts to give a lighter Harry Potter-esque film, and failing by ripping-off certain film, plus even similar ones
½ June 4, 2016
Good to fight some afternoon boredom but definitely not impressive enough to rave about
½ May 12, 2016
While it may have it's moments where it truly shines, The Sorcerer's Apprentice is an overall forgettable and predictable affair that is at least worth watching only once.
April 21, 2016
Good effects, good story. I liked how they added a classic scene from the original cartoon to solidify the remake.
March 21, 2016
I don't know why people lowball this pic. It is a fun flick with a nostalgic Disney feel. The 'I'm a special kid' scenario la Flight of the Navigator or Harry Potter is one that we will never outgrow. It speaks to the inner kid in all of us that wants to be the hero, if only we had the chance. Don't analyze this one. Sit back and enjoy the fun.