The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Reviews

December 10, 2017
Enjoyable. Nic Cage is as fun as ever, and remarkably restrained, and the magic is nicely realised
June 29, 2017
Painful to sit through
½ June 19, 2017
I think the movie works as a harmless movie that families can enjoy together. It has a decent premise and fun characters. I do think it can be pretty cheesy at times and a lot of it is fairly predictable but it's a fast paced movie that I enjoyed when I was younger. It is not as good today, but I enjoy watching it. The story doesn't break any new ground, but it does what it sets out to do well, which is to deliver a fun and clean movie for all to enjoy.
½ June 4, 2017
All the fun of stubbing your toe while getting a colonoscopy.
May 22, 2017
Simply put. Fast paced, plenty of action, loads of well done CGI. I found it highly entertaining and worth recommending to others. Also a film the whole family can watch.
May 9, 2017
Nicolas Cage gives one of his most restrained performances in his career.
March 31, 2017
The Sorcerer's Apprentice is full of familiar and cliched elements that have been seen many times before.
March 3, 2017
It's a rare treat to have a family film with great acting and action and a great story line - We found the movie very entertaining. I wish there was a squeal to look forward to.
February 25, 2017
14.12.2010,
25.02.2017
February 24, 2017
The film was average by any mean, and it wasted a huge deal of potential. However, I enjoyed it a lot more than I though I would.
January 30, 2017
The action and CG is good enough to watch but the plot is not super exciting. There is nothing new about the story.
½ January 14, 2017
Fun movie but why in the modern day?
December 21, 2016
I loved it! It was great!
November 29, 2016
a fantastic movie with some great and some ok performances. Nic Cage is awesome as a wizard and the magic is interesting and action sequences are entertaining.
November 10, 2016
As with a lot of these Bruckheimer/Disney movies (G-Force, Prince of Persia, etc.) there's enough money on screen and Hollywood polish to make it easily digestible, even if it is rather dull.
November 5, 2016
11/5/16: Watched with the kids.
October 23, 2016
Just wow. I almost crashed my new lexus driving home from the theatre on opening night trying to post this review. I'm not sure why exactly nicholas cage isn't in the middle for the movie poster and instead that gay kangaroo is there, but besides that i was changed by this movie. I had to tell my youth group at the rec center to see this movie after doing their hail marys this friday. The layout of all the sorcerers and clear references to feminism in the 70s really had my jaw on the ground the entire time. It's funny I never really noticed all the small hints at how OG simpson was totally innocent until I saw it for the 5th time today. I'm fairly certain that my brother isn't talking to me anymore and that he is sleeping with my wife.
October 9, 2016
I have watched this many times. It's great for turning off your brain and just enjoying it. Wanting the nerd to get the girl and come into himself. My niece's and nephew's love coming over to see it on my big TV with extra butter popcorn.
½ September 10, 2016
One of my favorite movies about magic!
August 12, 2016
From the cast, over the music and the style of the magic in here to the story I liked this film... a lot.