Sorry Angel (Plaire, aimer et courir vite) Reviews

• Apr 25, 2020

Christophe Honoré crafts an ultimately universal love - and death - story that alternates between beautiful and melancholic moments with the grace of a poet and the soul of a true filmmaker that reveals life itself.

• Mar 22, 2020

Not sure why would anyone make a movie like this. Absolutely Disgusting ..

Not sure why would anyone make a movie like this. Absolutely Disgusting ..

• Feb 24, 2020

A bit pointless, unnecessarily long. I’m sure there are better ways to discuss life, love, and death.

• Dec 26, 2019

For a movie that centers around a lot of sex, 'Sorry Angel', is remarkably safe and uniquely unlikable. French films are distinctly gorgeous in many forms, and this is no exception, but when we have a lead character who is profoundly mean and selfish with no character arc, it's particularly hard to find someone or something to root for besides the movie's end. At well over two hours, it's a slog. I found myself hitting the pause button quite a bit. There are distinguished performances and music to match, but there's a lot missing. Writer and director Christophe Honoré wedges in characters, unexplained, and they vanish nearly as quickly. In a movie this long, several secondary characters could have been fleshed out. It's clear, the filmmaker has vision and he's developed a decent story, but it doesn't quite come together. Perhaps a little less overindulgence and a bit tighter would have done it. Final Score: 4.9/10

• Dec 16, 2019

I liked the character of the older man. But the movie is too long, too talkative, and the younger guy comes off as a jerk.

• Dec 06, 2019

melancholy but somehow romantic

melancholy but somehow romantic

• Oct 16, 2019

‘Sorry Angel' aims to become the cry of a generation marked by disease and sexual repression. Honoré cooks his film over low heat, intelligently dosing the moments of dramatic intensity that lead to an irreversible end but no less effective.

• Jul 20, 2019

Fresh, poignant but with little lingering self-reflection. Essential in its Frenchness but also delving into gay attitudes that resonant regardless of a national border.

• Jul 14, 2019

The story was told beautifully, and the acting was just great.

The story was told beautifully, and the acting was just great.

• Jun 18, 2019

Such a sad but touching movie! Worth seeing!

Such a sad but touching movie! Worth seeing!