Spaceballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spaceballs Reviews

July 2, 2017
One of the greatest comedies I have ever seen, and still very relevant today. A must-see movie.
June 26, 2017
One of the funniest movies ever made. I love this movie so much and still makes me crack up every time. The ensemble is perfect, Mel's script is perfect and Rick Moranis delivers one of the Top 10 perhaps Top 5 comedic performances of all time. I love you Spaceballs.
½ June 10, 2017
Spaceballs is the famous Star Wars parody film that is still referenced in pop culture today from time to time. Though the film is not made well on a technical level, the strength is definitely in the actors, especially Mell Brooks and Rick Moranis. The jokes don't always work out, but there are plenty more that land than don't. It relies on some lowbrow humor that doesn't always work, but there is enough cleverly written jokes and hilarious acting to keep this palatable almost anytime
May 26, 2017
"Spaceballs" offers plenty of witty and goofy laughs thanks to the comedic performances from its ensemble cast, where most of the humour relies on pop culture in-jokes and references of the films its parodying.
May 19, 2017
Both corny and funny.
½ May 6, 2017
Watched for first time... 30 years after release!! Stupid dumb parody of a movie I don't like in the first place. Jokes are old and unfunny. Happy only an hour and a half long.
½ May 3, 2017
"How many assholes we got on this ship anyhow?!" *everyone but one guy stands up shouting "Yo!"* *Dark Helmet looks at everyone* "I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes!" *puts his helmet down* "Keep firing, assholes!" I LOVE that part, haha!
April 6, 2017
Extremely funny and a good spoof. It makes fun of Star Wars in the funniest ways. I love this movie, and you will too. Very good.
½ April 6, 2017
Parody at it's finest, Spaceballs pokes fun at certain troupes in Star Wars, Star Trek and other blockbuster Sci-Fi films. A very quotable, hilarious film that gets better with age.
½ March 26, 2017
The day I don't laugh out loud at the 'Comb the Desert' scene is the day I don't want to go on living.
March 12, 2017
a funny awesome joyride.
½ March 12, 2017
Didn't fall of my couch laughing but there were lots of funny moments ...never saw any Star-Wars movie completly but i got the jokes relayted to the saga . SOMBLUR
March 7, 2017
Amateurishly filmed, but this films offers not only good spoofs but also a good story in the standard of parody films.
March 2, 2017
One of Mel Brooks best!!! May the Schwartz be with you!!! Great comedy parody to Star Wars.
½ February 20, 2017
Spaceballs is directed and co-written by Mel Brooks, and it stars Bill Pullman, John Candy, Rich Moranis, Daphne Zuniga, and Mel Brooks in a science fiction satire about a princess that doesn't want to get married, runs away, and the king hires Lone Star (Bill Pullman) to go after the princess for a million space bucks so that Pizza the Hutt won't go after them, or Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) will go after the princess so that they could take all the air to make profit of it. This is one of the films that I was kind of looking for forward to review to see if the movie holds up as one of the satire greats, and sadly it's not, but it's funny, which is more than what I can about the recent parody films. The acting is pretty good in the comedic timing, which is nice to see Bill Pullman in a movie. The effects are really nice-looking, but there are some that look dated. The characters are enjoyable to watch, and the jokes get a laugh out of me, but there are some, more than I thought, that really dies off pretty fast. The Star Wars parody in there are clever to watch while still feeling its own movie. Spaceballs is a really good movie that is not quite as well-received as his old movies, but still remain a bit of a comic classic.
½ January 27, 2017
"I knew it. I'm surrounded by........"
½ January 24, 2017
A roasting of 1970's & 80's sci-fi. Good film, dedicated actors, decent enough script, but just not inspired. This is Mel Brooks at his worst, which is still fairly good.
January 9, 2017
Yogurt, Mega Chupa, Casco Oscuro...??????
½ January 5, 2017
Yes, it's so stupid but funny and very good entertainment more than original Star Wars.