Spaceballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spaceballs Reviews

½ June 17, 2018
I enjoyed this film as a kid though even then a lot of the jokes seemed a little immature. I made the mistake of watching it as an adult and it does not age well. The jokes are mostly infantile or too on-the-nose to be funny. Many of them were bordering on dated when the movie came out (a Doublemint Twins joke that is literally just that there is a pair of twins and the president tells them to chew gum). Other than seeing John Candy, one of the best comedic actors of the 80s, there's not much for an adult in this.
June 16, 2018
Great movie with lots of quotable lines.
June 10, 2018
The funnest part is playing find the goy while watching. Daphne Zuniga was hot. They tried to jew up a gentile masterpiece. It was wrong of them.
½ June 6, 2018
While not Mel Brooks' best film, it's still a hilarious and entertaining spoof.
June 3, 2018
Quality film. Actually superior to a handful of legit Star Wars entries.
June 2, 2018
A movie from my childhood. Brings good memories, but now does not seem to be as entertaining.
May 31, 2018
Come on.. This is a very, very funny Movie.
April 26, 2018
Great MOVIE! tHERE IS NO BETTER scifi parody film out there!!
April 25, 2018
VERY FUNNY. WATCHED 3 TIMES IN A ROW. WOULD SEE AGAIN. COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING
April 23, 2018
Overacting is an art!
Dot Matrix (voiced by Joan Rivers) has perhaps the wittiest line in the whole movie, most of the others rely on classic schtick, which isn't bad, but more wit would have improved the movie a lot.
½ April 22, 2018
Mel Brooks at his finest nothing better than a Star Wars spoof.
April 14, 2018
Better than black panther the b-movie will ever be. And thats something you can take to the bank.
½ April 14, 2018
Extremely funny! Rick Moranis is excellent!
April 11, 2018
This is horrible but I cant help but like this
March 30, 2018
While its not the best acting, and not all jokes hit perfectly, it's still the best movie parody I've ever seen, and one that I will recommend to everyone I meet.
March 27, 2018
Hilarious, at many moments.
March 19, 2018
Star Wars, but better
March 16, 2018
This is one of the movies I think of when I think of the golden age of spoof movies. It's a very silly, enjoyable movie that I keep coming back to, and like many others, I don't understand why it got a mixed critical reception.
February 24, 2018
While the humour and acting are clever as ever, they don't distract from the poor-looking sets and unoriginal script
February 17, 2018
One of the greatest spoofs of all time!