Spaceballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spaceballs Reviews

April 6, 2017
Extremely funny and a good spoof. It makes fun of Star Wars in the funniest ways. I love this movie, and you will too. Very good.
½ April 6, 2017
Parody at it's finest, Spaceballs pokes fun at certain troupes in Star Wars, Star Trek and other blockbuster Sci-Fi films. A very quotable, hilarious film that gets better with age.
½ March 26, 2017
The day I don't laugh out loud at the 'Comb the Desert' scene is the day I don't want to go on living.
March 12, 2017
a funny awesome joyride.
½ March 12, 2017
Didn't fall of my couch laughing but there were lots of funny moments ...never saw any Star-Wars movie completly but i got the jokes relayted to the saga . SOMBLUR
March 7, 2017
Amateurishly filmed, but this films offers not only good spoofs but also a good story in the standard of parody films.
March 2, 2017
One of Mel Brooks best!!! May the Schwartz be with you!!! Great comedy parody to Star Wars.
½ February 20, 2017
Spaceballs is directed and co-written by Mel Brooks, and it stars Bill Pullman, John Candy, Rich Moranis, Daphne Zuniga, and Mel Brooks in a science fiction satire about a princess that doesn't want to get married, runs away, and the king hires Lone Star (Bill Pullman) to go after the princess for a million space bucks so that Pizza the Hutt won't go after them, or Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) will go after the princess so that they could take all the air to make profit of it. This is one of the films that I was kind of looking for forward to review to see if the movie holds up as one of the satire greats, and sadly it's not, but it's funny, which is more than what I can about the recent parody films. The acting is pretty good in the comedic timing, which is nice to see Bill Pullman in a movie. The effects are really nice-looking, but there are some that look dated. The characters are enjoyable to watch, and the jokes get a laugh out of me, but there are some, more than I thought, that really dies off pretty fast. The Star Wars parody in there are clever to watch while still feeling its own movie. Spaceballs is a really good movie that is not quite as well-received as his old movies, but still remain a bit of a comic classic.
½ January 27, 2017
"I knew it. I'm surrounded by........"
½ January 24, 2017
A roasting of 1970's & 80's sci-fi. Good film, dedicated actors, decent enough script, but just not inspired. This is Mel Brooks at his worst, which is still fairly good.
January 9, 2017
Yogurt, Mega Chupa, Casco Oscuro...??????
½ January 5, 2017
Yes, it's so stupid but funny and very good entertainment more than original Star Wars.
December 24, 2016
This is really funny and this is the best Bill Pullman movie I seen
½ December 18, 2016
Not Mel Brook's best film or funniest but still a comedy classic.
½ December 16, 2016
This is incredibly funny and Rick Moranis is excellent!
½ December 12, 2016
It was one of the best parody film ever made on history
October 29, 2016
what the hell is wrong with these critics? its funny as hell and has good acting, directing etc. its a great film.
September 11, 2016
Hilarious
Spoof of Star Wars
August 18, 2016
Mel Brooks aborda el género de la ciencia ficción con "Spaceballs", prácticamente una parodia a "Star Wars", con pequeñas (pero efectivas) referencias a "Alien" o "Planet of the Apes". Rick Moranis es muy divertido como el villano Dark Helmut, John Candy es simpático como"Barf" el perro humano sidekick del héroe y el mismo Mel Brooks interpreta dos personajes: el malvado presidente Skroob y el mentor Yogurt. Los fanáticos de la comedia de Mel Brooks y los fanáticos de "Star Wars" se van a divertir mucho.