Spaceballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spaceballs Reviews

September 17, 2017
This Star Wars parody of a movie is hilarious!!! The characters are a ton of fun to see, ecspecially Colonel Sanders and Lord Dark Helmet, the jokes are comedy gold, probably in my opinion the best movie parody ever!!!
September 10, 2017
Don't know much about other people when it comes to classic comedies/spoofs, but this is not only quite hilarious to me, but is a pretty decent childhood satire of mine. There may not necessarily be a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, but the overall concept is pretty humorous and fairly creative for a spoof. Brooks, Moranis, Candy and the rest of the cast were certainly not the most laugh-out-loud crew, but were still pretty well up there when it comes to older and classic film comedy.
½ September 2, 2017
hahahah LUDACROUS SPEED
½ August 24, 2017
Classic Mel Brooks - in space!
August 11, 2017
Though by no means a great movie, this has enough clever movie references, silly one-liners and hilarious 4th-wall-breaks to work well in the spoof genre.
August 11, 2017
This movie made me laugh big time.
August 8, 2017
All time great comedy. This is funny no matter how many times you have seen it. Looks great on bluray. Timeless classic and masterpiece of a comedy film.
August 1, 2017
Totally cheesy but with pride and laughs makes Spaceballs a instant classic.
July 29, 2017
It easily gets lost in its own sarcasm, but Spaceballs has its share of parodies and laughs to make for a decent film. Mel Brooks, Rick Moranis and the rest of the cast are able to make humorous performances even if its attempt at spoofing its intergalactic saga seems to feel stale. 3/5
July 2, 2017
One of the greatest comedies I have ever seen, and still very relevant today. A must-see movie.
June 26, 2017
One of the funniest movies ever made. I love this movie so much and still makes me crack up every time. The ensemble is perfect, Mel's script is perfect and Rick Moranis delivers one of the Top 10 perhaps Top 5 comedic performances of all time. I love you Spaceballs.
½ June 10, 2017
Spaceballs is the famous Star Wars parody film that is still referenced in pop culture today from time to time. Though the film is not made well on a technical level, the strength is definitely in the actors, especially Mell Brooks and Rick Moranis. The jokes don't always work out, but there are plenty more that land than don't. It relies on some lowbrow humor that doesn't always work, but there is enough cleverly written jokes and hilarious acting to keep this palatable almost anytime
May 26, 2017
"Spaceballs" offers plenty of witty and goofy laughs thanks to the comedic performances from its ensemble cast, where most of the humour relies on pop culture in-jokes and references of the films its parodying.
May 19, 2017
Both corny and funny.
½ May 6, 2017
Watched for first time... 30 years after release!! Stupid dumb parody of a movie I don't like in the first place. Jokes are old and unfunny. Happy only an hour and a half long.
½ May 3, 2017
"How many assholes we got on this ship anyhow?!" *everyone but one guy stands up shouting "Yo!"* *Dark Helmet looks at everyone* "I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes!" *puts his helmet down* "Keep firing, assholes!" I LOVE that part, haha!
April 6, 2017
Extremely funny and a good spoof. It makes fun of Star Wars in the funniest ways. I love this movie, and you will too. Very good.
½ April 6, 2017
Parody at it's finest, Spaceballs pokes fun at certain troupes in Star Wars, Star Trek and other blockbuster Sci-Fi films. A very quotable, hilarious film that gets better with age.