Spirited Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spirited Away Reviews

February 20, 2018
A brilliantly bizarre and captivating world is realised in an animation that also manages a strong storyline, memorable moments and powerful themes.
February 18, 2018
One of the best animated films of all time, Spirited Away tells a story that captures your imagination just as much as it captures your heart.
February 11, 2018
I watch this still today, at least once a year, its still amazing and it always will be.
February 2, 2018
Along with Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro, this is yet another nostalgia-triggering Miyazaki film that I still enjoy from time to time and fully appreciate everything about it. What a creative world. What a lovable characters. All hail Miyazaki.
½ January 25, 2018
Excellent Japanese cartoon that has so many colorful and interesting characters that it will keep you wonder for weeks after you watch.
January 23, 2018
With amazing animation, Miyazaki's 'spirited away' is without a doubt the best film I've ever seen in my entire life.
December 28, 2017
An Outstanding Work and Most Likely The Most Remembered From Miyazaki´s Work, Spirited Away Dpesn´t Have Any Flaw, You Will Be Astonished By Everything; The Vissuals, The Story and Above All The Message It Leaves, Which Will Echoes Probably Till The End Of TIme To Every Person That Sees It
December 8, 2017
Very clever Japanese movie.
½ December 7, 2017
L'opera migliore del maestro Miyazaki.
Atmosfere suggestive,animazioni splendide ed ambientazioni estremamente curate.Per una storia fantastica e surreale che appassiona lo spettatore.
December 4, 2017
Miyazaki's masterpiece. Everything from the story progression, character introductions, the music, the theme, the sense of adventure, awe, magic, and enchantment is...beyond perfection.
November 27, 2017
Miyazaki's masterpiece. A fun and complex story.
November 17, 2017
Visually & Artistically Breathtaking
½ November 10, 2017
The most ridiculously stupid movie I've ever seen. But I think that about all Asian animation so...
November 9, 2017
Beautifully animated and thoroughly enticing, Spirited Away marks a peak of creativity not just for Hayao Miyazaki but for cinema as a whole.
November 7, 2017
75%. Rambles a bit. Something lost in translation as well. Great animation though.
November 6, 2017
Miyazaki's masterpiece - a complex knot of every realm of emotions. It is art it's best.
November 2, 2017
With breathtaking, absolutely wondrous animation, stellar direction, meticulous world-building with an overwhelming attention to detail, terrific character development and extremely powerful score which is honestly one of the best in film history, Spirited Away is an undisputed masterpiece and one of the rare films that can easily be called art. The story is well crafted with great influences, a diverse tone which ranges from cute and endearing to dark and atmospheric, high emotional resonance and a great character journey for the protagonist. The film manages to be magical, sometimes serious, at times funny, but always engaging and simply fascinating. The entire, wonderful new world is created here with an impeccable attention to detail which is a reason why it has such a lasting appeal and endless replay factor. Consequently, it is a pure masterpiece and undoubtedly one of the best film ever produced.
½ October 22, 2017
Super creepy and bizarre but fascinating.
½ October 9, 2017
Doesn't get much better than this
October 9, 2017
4.10.2017
Esperava mais depois de assistir "Your Name". A qualidade da animação em si é boa; as metáforas são boas, porém difíceis de serem captadas (ver mais vezes talvez seja necessário).
O arco da personagem Chihiro me pareceu fraco, e personagens como No-Face terminam o filme de modo insatisfatório.