Spirited Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spirited Away Reviews

November 17, 2017
Visually & Artistically Breathtaking
½ November 10, 2017
The most ridiculously stupid movie I've ever seen. But I think that about all Asian animation so...
November 9, 2017
Beautifully animated and thoroughly enticing, Spirited Away marks a peak of creativity not just for Hayao Miyazaki but for cinema as a whole.
November 7, 2017
75%. Rambles a bit. Something lost in translation as well. Great animation though.
November 6, 2017
Miyazaki's masterpiece - a complex knot of every realm of emotions. It is art it's best.
November 2, 2017
With breathtaking, absolutely wondrous animation, stellar direction, meticulous world-building with an overwhelming attention to detail, terrific character development and extremely powerful score which is honestly one of the best in film history, Spirited Away is an undisputed masterpiece and one of the rare films that can easily be called art. The story is well crafted with great influences, a diverse tone which ranges from cute and endearing to dark and atmospheric, high emotional resonance and a great character journey for the protagonist. The film manages to be magical, sometimes serious, at times funny, but always engaging and simply fascinating. The entire, wonderful new world is created here with an impeccable attention to detail which is a reason why it has such a lasting appeal and endless replay factor. Consequently, it is a pure masterpiece and undoubtedly one of the best film ever produced.
October 31, 2017
Excellent Japanese cartoon.
½ October 22, 2017
Super creepy and bizarre but fascinating.
½ October 9, 2017
Doesn't get much better than this
October 9, 2017
4.10.2017
Esperava mais depois de assistir "Your Name". A qualidade da animação em si é boa; as metáforas são boas, porém difíceis de serem captadas (ver mais vezes talvez seja necessário).
O arco da personagem Chihiro me pareceu fraco, e personagens como No-Face terminam o filme de modo insatisfatório.
September 24, 2017
Spirited Away is the best movie ever! I used to be scared of the movie, but not anymore.
September 23, 2017
Always a masterpiece.
September 23, 2017
flipping love this movie
September 20, 2017
One of the Best Animated films I've ever seen
September 14, 2017
Who doesn't love a good Disney movie? This is like the anime version of Disney. Miyazaki's films are always creative, with great stories, and morals, so they teach you a lesson ;) All of Miyazaki's films are timeless and anyone can watch it regardless if you hate anime or "kids movies."

The morals Miyazaki added were very creative, for example when Chihiro's parents were pigging out, they turned into pigs for the manifestation of greed. It might've been a little grotesque for kids, but it was an accurate and clear description of what he was trying to say. I can say that this whole movie was clever, the characters, motives behind the characters, plot twists and all. I give this masterpiece a 10 /10.
September 8, 2017
Good film, Good god. I had enough about people stereotyping other animation titles. Indeed, it's been time since I last saw it. But I adore much of Hayao Miyazaki's works. Nevertheless.. this is the clear audience favorite, in addition to the clear critical favorite "Pinocchio (1940)"

"If (Audiences) are only going to be obsessed over this title, they'll never be obsessed over another."
August 21, 2017
Absolutely love this movie
August 20, 2017
This is not only my favorite anime movie, not only is this one of my favorite animated movies, this is one of my favorite movies of all time
August 12, 2017
beautiful, but a bit boring for a miyazaki movie, and too long. many sympathetic characters.
August 9, 2017
A masterpiece in animation, it's as simple as that.