Spirited Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spirited Away Reviews

February 25, 2017
One of the best films ever made, in both film and anime. Hayao Miyazaki's groundbreaking achievement sets the standard for future anime legends (such as Mamoru Hosoda) and for inspiration of the upcoming decades. As much masterpiece as it is legendary.
February 23, 2017
A movie experience that'll blow you away. Miyazaki truly does show you that our imagination when nurtured has more potential than most have tapped into yet. He pushes the boundaries of what our minds can conjure up and brings us something fresh and new. Truly an inspiration. A film Miyazaki surely meant for you to watch, love, forget, and inspire you to create something of your own.
February 23, 2017
Spirited Away exceeds the already high expectations for a Hayao Miyazaki film with a fantastic story that will have you watching it again and again.
February 20, 2017
I once saw a quote that says "Disney movies touch the heart but Studio Ghibli films touch the soul." This movie definitely stuck with me as opposed to giving me a ride on an emotional rollercoaster.
February 12, 2017
The most amazing adventure I've ever experienced.
February 6, 2017
My wife is a big fan. I'm not so much into animes, but it was an interesting one
February 3, 2017
Favourite, I watch it over and over
January 29, 2017
Best animation movie ever.
January 15, 2017
Never have I seen a film more imaginative. Every character feels real because none of them are perfect, and no one character has a sole personality trait.
January 7, 2017
Spirited Away offers beautifully handcrafted pictures, thought-provoking story with sublime symbolism and enjoyable tone for audience of all ages. Thoroughly deserved to be one of the best-rated animation film of all-time.
½ January 4, 2017
Truly a visual spectacle to behold; the animation is crisp, and the plot is magical and gripping. However, it lacks the deeper meaning that its storytelling and style would lead you to expect.
½ January 3, 2017
Spirited Away is one of the most imaginative works of art in modern times with its beautifully made animation and well-contrived themes that will certainly lead into a hopeful future of intelligent films.
January 2, 2017
It's like watching a whole lot of you're reoccurring dreams come together on screen just the way you imagined.
December 30, 2016
Masterpiece = 5/5

Spirited Away is one of the most incredible animated films of all time. There's absolutely nothing I don't love about this movie. As visually captivating as it is endlessly entertaining. Indeed, Spirited Away will go down in history as one of the greatest works of art in the anime genre (and film) of all time.
½ December 26, 2016
12.27.2016: Prob one of the worst movies I have seen.
December 18, 2016
Full disclosure: I do not watch a lot of anime and am not really familiar with Japanese mythology.

A storyline that made me feel both sad and uncomfortable. Characters that I connected with but also feared. A unique 2D drawing style intermingled with what seemed like 3D modeling. Vibrant and appropriately selected either way. Dynamic scenes had some sort of flow to them so the movie never felt static. Overall, this film felt like a distant dream I had on LSD that resonated through my bones and tingled every emotional thread I have. I can't say I loved the movie, but I did love everything it had to offer.
December 17, 2016
The story isn't much, but the visuals are beautiful.
December 12, 2016
So wonderful this movie found me when i was ten
½ December 9, 2016
A great, great animated film with amazing animation, the creatures in this movie are beautiful to look at. Spirited Away had great themes, and turned out to be more than your typical animation.
December 9, 2016
This is not only my favorite anime movie, not only is this one of my favorite animated movies, this is one of my favorite movies of all time(period)