Spirited Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spirited Away Reviews

September 24, 2017
Spirited Away is the best movie ever! I used to be scared of the movie, but not anymore.
September 23, 2017
Always a masterpiece.
September 23, 2017
flipping love this movie
September 20, 2017
One of the Best Animated films I've ever seen
September 14, 2017
Who doesn't love a good Disney movie? This is like the anime version of Disney. Miyazaki's films are always creative, with great stories, and morals, so they teach you a lesson ;) All of Miyazaki's films are timeless and anyone can watch it regardless if you hate anime or "kids movies."

The morals Miyazaki added were very creative, for example when Chihiro's parents were pigging out, they turned into pigs for the manifestation of greed. It might've been a little grotesque for kids, but it was an accurate and clear description of what he was trying to say. I can say that this whole movie was clever, the characters, motives behind the characters, plot twists and all. I give this masterpiece a 10 /10.
September 9, 2017
Doesn't get much better than this
September 8, 2017
Good film, Good god. I had enough about people stereotyping other animation titles. Indeed, it's been time since I last saw it. But I adore much of Hayao Miyazaki's works. Nevertheless.. this is the clear audience favorite, in addition to the clear critical favorite "Pinocchio (1940)"

"If (Audiences) are only going to be obsessed over this title, they'll never be obsessed over another."
August 21, 2017
Absolutely love this movie
August 20, 2017
This is not only my favorite anime movie, not only is this one of my favorite animated movies, this is one of my favorite movies of all time
August 12, 2017
beautiful, but a bit boring for a miyazaki movie, and too long. many sympathetic characters.
½ August 9, 2017
Very good movie. Excellent anime film
Rating: 8.8/10.
August 9, 2017
A masterpiece in animation, it's as simple as that.
August 8, 2017
I was shocked at how much I enjoyed this film. Really well made and heart felt.
½ August 7, 2017
Spirited Away feels like a fairy tale of old ages. Visually a true masterpiece which also packs an incredible soundtrack & a magical story to tell.
July 11, 2017
If you love Kiki's Delivery Service youll most likely to enjoy this movie ALOT. I recommend to watch this movie even if your not fimiliar with the director/arthur.
July 10, 2017
Magical, insightful, and nicely contained within a fully realized world, Spirited Away is not only a fantastic fantasy adventure but also a heartfelt story full of lessons about the wisdom of children, greed, and treatment of our environment. Though albeit a bit strange and coming to a crashing halt as an ending, Spirited Away is still a sweet film, also with a killer score.
July 8, 2017
Spirited Away brings out an emotion quite unique. This film does not need big action sequences to thrill it's audiences because it provides a much more heart filled experience through beautiful story telling. With a plot so original and characters out of this world, one wouldn't expect to be so invested in the journey of a young Japanese girl.
June 25, 2017
Spirited Away is a delightful animated adventure with underlying virtues, in the mold of The Wizard of Oz. The animation is vibrant and consitently interesting. The protagonist is rewarded for loyalty, courtesy, and lack of greed. Completely suitable for children, the story and art are of sufficiently high quality to address the parents, too.
June 25, 2017
A true animated masterpiece
½ June 21, 2017
This movie possesses some of the most beautiful animation I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. A rich and unique story wraps these layered characters in a cocoon of cotton candy, heart and glitter. An easy and welcome escape.