Spookies Reviews

• Apr 26, 2020

Kind of likeable for an 80's B-grade horror.

Kind of likeable for an 80's B-grade horror.

• Jan 05, 2020

Yikes. One little known 80’s flick that needed to stay lost. Might’ve benefited a smidge from a grainy presentation. I’d like to know what kind of party this group of people would all be going to together.

• Mar 23, 2017

The set-up is typical horror movie fodder, with kids in a spooky old house and some creepy images, but the house's inhabitant trying to steal their lives to revive his comatose wife is sort of a new twist. You get some zombies and other middle of the road scares, but it's nothing to really write home about. I may have to try to give this one another look in the future, as I feel as if I may've somehow given it short shrift. That poster is a winner though. Rental.

• Mar 23, 2016

Terrible, chopped up movie made between 2 production crews with 2 different casts. The effects and pretty decent at times in the original directors scenes, the "new" footage is cheap and poorly made. Story makes no sense as the 2 sets of actors never interact. Of interest only for the lovers of bad movies (like myself) and due to it's chaotic battle between the original director and his financer.

• Mar 22, 2016

Anymore than 1/2 a star would be for the wet special makeup effects. Other than that, man this was really bad.

• Feb 21, 2015

As far as cheap B-movies go, this one has some charm. Underneath all the charm is a huge mess of a story, some bad acting and some really cool special effects. It's almost like a home movie with a big budget. Can't really call it a piece of crap since its a low budget horror film. I'd say give it a shot if you can find a copy that is. There's a handful VHS tapes of this around and a Laserdisc version does exist (that's how I viewed mine). A DVD of this is available in the UK only and it is mastered from a VHS copy.

• May 13, 2014

All views as of late have been... disappointing. Also worth mentioning is my attendance of the below. http://www.creature-corner.com/news4/jul19flashback.php3 Anybody else going?

• Jul 08, 2013

Monster-mash extravaganza--Nostalgia ala Supreme!!

Monster-mash extravaganza--Nostalgia ala Supreme!!

• May 30, 2013

Always wanting to see this, as the videobox was great, I finally did see it and while it has moments, it is weak in a lot of areas. Some of the effects were decent as was the soundtrack at first but it all kind of derails. The tone made it seem spooky at first but that was gone by the middle of the movie.

• Mar 28, 2013

This was way before its time.its just great.

This was way before its time.its just great.