Reviews

• Jan 10, 2018

A bad film, but not the worst I've seen. Special effects are actually pretty good and the occasional joke is funny (only 2 parts made me laugh). But the plot is less than desirable and dialogue seems poorly written.

• May 04, 2016

As far as fan-made movie go, this Finnish Star Trek parody is amazing.

As far as fan-made movie go, this Finnish Star Trek parody is amazing.

• Jan 04, 2014

It's funny and campy with one of the best space battles ever done with CGI.

It's funny and campy with one of the best space battles ever done with CGI.

• Jul 02, 2013

First of all, this is not a regular movie, so don't judge it by regular movie standards. This is a glorious, goofball ode to cheese, with a wafer-thin and somewhat pointless story but surprisingly high production values, loving attention to detail, lots of space war and a cast that, for LARPers, delivers a pretty decent performance. Suggestion - watch when high.

• May 17, 2013

Not the best spoof made!

Not the best spoof made!

• May 28, 2012

Set Twinklers to kill and prepare to eat Light Balls! Damn funny movie by independent Finnish movie fans. If you can, watch it and if you can't, envy those of us who did.

• Feb 11, 2012

Yikes, how do you describe ths film? Well, if MST3k was still around it's a prime candidate. Made by a bunch of sci-fi/ Trek fans starting in the late 1990's and into the early 2000's and working on weekends they obviously did not give up on the idea of making this parody. The acting is as expected a bunch of friends with a camera, the spfx ambitious considering what they were using, but overall the film is way too long and would be a lot better cut down in length as the jokes fall flat as basically the cast aren't good actors. Still these ambitious Finnish film-fan makers produced a dvd that sold $8 million dollars over the internet and led them onto a higher quality production "Iron Sky." This film could be considered thier film school project.

• scott g Super Reviewer
    Aug 19, 2011

Terrible low budget russian effort, riffing on Star trek with appalling comedy, direction, acting, style, everything about it.

• Dec 08, 2010

Oh, gotta love this one if you're a trekkie!

Oh, gotta love this one if you're a trekkie!

• Sep 07, 2010

This spoof of star trek and Babylon 5 was made by some very dedicated fans in Finland who worked hard for years using own time and own cash to create it. It's in Finnish but is really good and funny anyway so I don't mind having to read subtitles, I even picked up a few words! The CGI effects are really great too.