Star Kid Reviews

• Jul 13, 2019

A surprisingly decent creature feature kids film. Sure, it's derivative but just accept the cheese and enjoy

• Aug 12, 2016

Bullied kid dons a spacesuit and must defeat a new nemesis in outer space. Too dumb for adults, too boring for kids.

• Aug 03, 2015

I turned it on because it's the kid from Jurassic Park, I turned it off because the movie sucks.

• May 11, 2015

A nice watch for the kids on a rainy Saturday afternoon.Nice little tame kiddie Sci-fi fantasy.

• May 29, 2014

High tech weapon is sent off to the wrong place to find a bullied wimp. Movie made for children.

• Jan 18, 2014

The greatest sci-fi film ever made

The greatest sci-fi film ever made

• Sep 02, 2012

I remember when this movie came out I avoided it like the plague. Stupid title, ugly poster and directed by Manny "Dr. Giggles" Coto. Ugh! Man, was I wrong! This is actually a surprisingly great family film with some really good-looking FX. I'll definatly see this one again.

• Mar 03, 2012

This is an excellent film, so good that I went to the cinema to see this three times as a little boy. Why do so many people hate this film; that I don't understand, is it snobbery or have people forget what it is like to be a kid. The story is brilliant, there is this wimpy teenager, beaten up at school and always runs away. Soon he finds a robot suit that gives him super powers and all of a sudden he is the tough guy on the block, but his powers will be put to a greater test when he has to hold back an alien invasion. This is a film that has great special effects, a strong story and fills me with childhood nostalgia.

• Dec 11, 2011

A good story, it definately show's Joe's comedic side, but I'm not much into science fiction so I thought it was a bit strange. Very funny though.

• Oct 18, 2011

Alright visuals and good sentiments make up for a few of the movie's flaws. It doesn't compare to The Neverending Story, but it's above average in the realm of children's sci-fi.