Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Reviews

March 21, 2019
After 2 years and many viewings, this movie still rocks!! Man, I feel sorry for those who simply did not like this movie. Rian Johnson is a genius.
March 21, 2019
Whatever, TLJ is brilliant and too smart for the so called fan babies! What goes over their heads and cannot comprehend, they call plot holes. LOL
March 21, 2019
Really loved the throne fight scene!
½ March 20, 2019
Beautiful movie and visuals. Horrible story. Killed everything that came before it. This was the last Star Wars movie Iā(TM)ll see in the theater.
½ March 20, 2019
Movie that lost it's way. Rey's heroics at the end notwithstanding, a very skippable movie.
½ March 20, 2019
Complete destruction of a billion dollar franchise. Mistakes are uncountable.
The Phantom Menace was a bad movie with bad acting and characters.
The Force Awakens was unoriginal. But neither BROKE Star Wars.
This movie not only was bad, it ruined the franchise.
The people who wrote this and created it clearly never cared about the universe, or even science fiction in general.
To make a bad movie is easy. But to destroy a universe is quite hard. But these people did it. Beyond unforgivable.
½ March 20, 2019
Honestly I just donā(TM)t understand how people can enjoy this movie. Even if you gloss over the the massive plot holes surrounding the bombers and Leia, how can you not think about the waste of characters such as snoke and Luke.

From Reys parents being nobodies and rose being a useless character who has literally no place I. The movie, I really donā(TM)t understand how someone with an iq of above 3 can like this movie for its plot!
½ March 20, 2019
Visually one of the best movies ever made, but sadly the story and nonsense decisions which were made make this the worst star wars movie yet.
½ March 20, 2019
I have never felt this deeply conflicted about a Star Wars movie. Even the Phantom Menace didn't provoke such strong emotions in me. All of the visuals and technical aspects are stunning with some nice set pieces. However, Rian Johnson's subpar script paired with action scenes that violate well-established rules for how this galaxy far, far away functions (Holdo's kamikaze stunt specifically) produced a movie that is a mixed bag at best. I don't hate the film, but it doesn't have anywhere near the magic found in the original trilogy.
½ March 20, 2019
A pretty good guide on how to ruin the rich, well established lore of the most beloved fantasy sci-fi galaxy far, far away in the most uninspired and derpy way possible. Impressive.
½ March 20, 2019
Undid no mistke, same old stormtroopers against rebels. We still donĀ“t know anything about Snoke & and killed Luke for no reason.
March 20, 2019
This is one of the worst Star Wars movies to date. Sadly it destroys all the plot lines set up by the Force Awakens. It feels like a bad Star Trek episode, rather than a Star Wars movie.
March 20, 2019
Not the sequal Star Wars fans were build up in Force Awakens.
March 19, 2019
As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I can honestly say that this is one of my most favorite films in the entire franchise, regardless of the complaints and opinions held by others.
March 19, 2019
Chewbacca ate a PORG!?!?! This is supposed to be a kids movie!!!!
March 19, 2019
Plot holes and cliches that are allowed to exist while serving no dramatic effect. The force given no respect, not earned, not learned, not taught. Life lessons of the first trilogy thrown out the door. Female characters that caricature power and feel flat, like the RPG character an adolescent makes the first time. Male characters that caricature awkwardness in life, with none of the humour or life lessons but all of the shame. There is no lesson here that makes a better world or provides the intelligent geekdom of the world any relatable material. I miss the "never tell me the odds" and "do or do not" moments ... amazing that what felt like popcorn and a pleasure ride so many years ago now feels like wisdom when held against this travesty of our Star Wars Universe.
March 19, 2019
Seemed very rushed and like the director was simply going through the motions, no originality and horrible acting all around.
March 19, 2019
Another great movie after The Force Awakens.Great Character developement, great visual Storytelling and beatiful cinematography, VFX and of course John Williams music. (Love the Theme "Battle of Crait"
½ March 19, 2019
Chaotic, pathetic, illogical, messy, saccharine, infuriating, disappointing garbage.

Regret seeing it. I don't care about the characters, the story or the universe - they have all become repellent to me.

I now have no desire at all to see any more star wars films.

Thanks Rian.

BTW - It isn't worth half a star, but RT wouldn't let me give it a no star review.
½ March 19, 2019
It was really boring and there were so many plot points that I found unrealistic. The throne room fight was cool, but thatĀ“s it. The problem is all the boring characters