Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Reviews

½ April 26, 2018
Pros:

Visually, production and cinematography is one of the best of all star wars movies;

Great battle and fight scenes;

Cons:
Storytelling is inconsistent with gaping wide plotholes and many throw away plots;

Characters non-compelling and bland;

Old characters potentials are wasted;

Gotcha moments that makes no sense or dont fit mood of the movie;

Badly placed humour without any point just for the sake of it;

Doesnt ties up almost nothing from the force awaken;

Original Lore is thrown away the window dozens of times;

Conclusion:

I watch it and even not being a die hard star wars fan I know the lore and watched all the movies. And upon seeing the movies I felt nothing much just cheap enjoyment and after reflecting upon it the flaws are too big to be ignored not as Star wars itself but also as a movie and storytelling as someone who loves RPGs and books. The inconsistencies and double downing on bad backgrounds for everyones is off the chart.

Someone who doesnt know star wars will enjoy the movie because generally is like watching a good sci-fi movies with explosions and cool fights and funny scenes. You can even watch it by not seeing Force awakens and makes just as much sense as if it was standalone.

TLDR: Nice, cool, transformers movie. Too many inconsistencies and flaws to be anything other than cheap entertaiment. Thinking makes your head hurt so just ignore the flaws and its the best movie 2017.

Half a star because this was half a movie.
½ April 26, 2018
As a Star Wars fan I was excited to see the movie and see epic lightsaber battles and adventure, but I was sorely mistaken and heartbroken when I saw it. I hated the entire movie except when Yoda appeared for about 2 minutes. I hated all the characters and my favorite character Luke was ruined. He was the most optimistic and courageous character but making him into a bitter old USELESS character stabbed me in the heart. It truly hurts me to write a bad review on my favorite franchise but I could find no redeeming qualities to it. These are not looking through rose colored glasses either, I usually can find examples from all the Star Wars films that had GREAT parts and redeeming features. What they need to do is hand over the reins to Dave Filoni or at least take MAJOR notes from him, because Star Wars Rebels was far superior to this crap. The Social Justice and Politics in real life DO NOT need to be in Star Wars, these movies are to escape to a Galaxy far far away and take us on an adventure! Rose Tico makes Jar Jar BInks look like a great character! The Last Jedi should get thrown into the Abyss and never seen again, the novelization was alright but still I would tell everyone to skip this movie, I saw it twice and I still could not see anything redeeming. I MIGHT watch it again and own it to complete my collection but I would tell everyone to skip this movie.
April 26, 2018
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) is bold, visually-impressive, and filled with memorable moments. The writers take the characters into interesting paths that challenge their purpose and identity, despite some questionable narrative choices. The film delivers with its breath-taking visual effects, exciting action sequences, and John William's signature score.
½ April 26, 2018
this movie was a bunch of sjw bullshit. DIsney needs to learn to keep that shit out of our movies.
April 26, 2018
Good CGI, really bad writing. No arch for Rey, all villains are dumb down, 30min in Cantobite Casino for nothing, etc
½ April 26, 2018
It's like eating suicide wings. Thrilling throughout, but you walk out noticing that it tasted like nothing, you're sick to your stomach, you never want to go back for seconds, and the whole thing has been very regrettable. All shock and no substance.
April 26, 2018
Worst Star Wars film since the last Disney Star Wars film. Old stories, plot points, and script foundations from the first film were completely disregarded. Diversity took priority over merit of any kind. Merit of acting. Merit of writing. Merit of story telling. Even merit of minority characters. Finn is still the embodiment of disappointment. Why even make a black character if you're going to always treat him like garbage? All newly added characters were horrible. Just a really, really bad movie all around.
Should not be cannon
½ April 26, 2018
An explosive addition to the lore.

The last Jedi dared in many ways, go where other Star Wars didn't. And that pissed many off.
The intelligent use of lore, bold decisions with the characters and parallels with the current political climate make this entry to franchise one of the most relevant since its creation.

The characters are vivid and complex, with the odd exception of phasma. The focus on the new generation is divisive but ultimately makes sense. The plot turns help break the monotony of a predictable outcome and invigorate the main characters in new directions.

Ultimately this fresh take on a cultural colossus will always stand out, even facing the hatred.
April 26, 2018
Absolutely horrible. New direction makes no sense and has no consistency with the original 6 made by George Lucas
½ April 26, 2018
Every addition to the franchise just makes the whole thing that much worse at this point. There are so many plot holes, inconsistencies and unresolved points that it weakens everything that came before. It's a mess. Please just stop.

For all of that it looked sort of cool and by the end of the film I sort of cared what happened to the characters. Not so much that I will be eager for the next installment.
½ April 26, 2018
A complete and monumental disappointment full of forced humor that fell flat and was completely out of place. Pacing was also an issue. There were parts where it just drug on and on and was honestly boring. The story itself was full of plot holes that didn't make sense that left you scratching your head. Frustrating enough, most storylines set up in the previous films were ignored or thrown out. The acting wasn't bad per se but the new characters are all one-dimensional and have no story arc. Every one of them is exactly the same character from beginning to end. You have no vested interest what happens to them. It didn't feel like a Star Wars movie. The only thing good I can say about it is the special effects were good, that's about it. I do not recommend you watching this and for god sakes don't buy it.
April 26, 2018
Boring and predictable. I couldn't.t make it past the light saber training.
April 26, 2018
Absolutely awful. The critics have been bought. Incoherent plot and characters. It takes a massive dump on the original trilogy, as well as on the narrative strands set up by JJ. Pacing is horrible, plot is dull, clunky SJW warrior agenda ridiculously pushed at the expense of story and character coherence. The worst kind of make-it-up-as-we-go along BS i would ever expect from a Star wars movie. Just awful.
April 26, 2018
The whole timeline does not make sense
½ April 26, 2018
So disjointed and not in line with either the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy. So many superfluous characters added that never moved the story forward. I never thought I'd see the day where I was nostalgic for frigging jar jar binks.
April 26, 2018
Can we please remake this movie? All of the pieces are there for potential greatness. Instead, this movie is full of emptiness and turns out to be a huge let down. Could have explained how Rey is so awesome at learning Mind Trick, and could have made Finn a Force-user. Cringy humour, poor plot (one big chase scene), poor character development (Finn went from First Order deserter, to hero-in-the-making, last film. This film. back to deserter, to useless, to suicidal, to useless), and betrayed the character of Luke Skywalker.
April 26, 2018
I regret watching this movie in the theater and I was disappointed when I walked out. Afterwards, the more I thought about the movie, the more I disliked it. It tried way too hard to subvert your expectations and it was basically a huge middle finger to the fans. JJ has to pull off a miracle to save this trilogy.
April 26, 2018
Everything about the whole film as ruined the entire franchise it's criminal.
April 26, 2018
I am glad I skipped watching this in theaters. I rented it and I was completely disappointed in how they ruined Luke Skywalker's character. Plot holes throughout, nonsensical story telling. Many times throughout the film I felt that it was pandering to make a political statement than focusing on the creating a good film.

As someone who love the original Episodes 4-6. Was disappointed in episodes 1-3. Now I lost complete faith in this 7-9 series. Disney and the people they hired destroyed this franchise. Do not bother watching this movie.