Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Reviews

Page 1 of 1943
January 21, 2018
The next StarWars episode needs to start the crawl with an apology!! Then the words "EPISODE VIII (or IIX)" Yup, write it off, pretend it never happened, say you're sorry Disney and try again!?
½ January 21, 2018
Visually cool, but the weird humor and the gutting of Luke's character requires a very low score.
½ January 21, 2018
Honestly everyone out there trashing this movie are just being winey, the movie was fantastic, although I wish that he hadn't killed Luke off I accept and respect Rian Johnson's desicion, all in all the movie had great twists and plot structure and while there were some needless additions to the plot (Rose) it was still a great film overall. To everyone hating on the movie for Rian Johnson's desicions grow up and deal with it, a movie isn't terrible just because your favorite character died
½ January 21, 2018
A film full of plot holes! It ruined the Charakter of Luke Skywalker! Rey is a Mary Sue! At the end all good charakters are gone or messed up. Rey not interesting, Kylo also not interesting. Not looking forward for Episode IX anymore! So sad!
January 21, 2018
Awesome film! Made me feel like a little kid again, especially that ending, the power of stories, of resistance
January 21, 2018
Luke Skywalker has always been and always will be the heart of Star Wars, you effing RUINED it!
½ January 21, 2018
Not even giving this movie a full star. Disney has completly ruined this series.
January 21, 2018
Absolute trash a glaring mistake in the franchise that should have never been.
January 21, 2018
I am a life long Star Wars fan, and I hated this movie. I want to care about the next generation of Star Wars characters but they are not interesting and are poorly developed.

The Disney political correctness and social commentary on Kantu Bight sicken me. The plot overall was incoherent. The kinetic Star Wars energy is sorely lacking. Instead of high speed trench runs we got a freighter crawling through space trying to not run out of fuel.

Not only did the creative team ax Star Wars tradition and lore but they axed the intriguing story lines from The Force Awakens. They also took an ax to the character of Luke Skywalker and to Star Wars fans themselves.

Let the past die. Kill it. What a terrible theme for a movie with such a respected past.

This had the most boring chase scene in all of history.

The feminism was overt and over the top. Disgusting.

This movie really had Star Wars ships running out of fuel.

This movie had Chewie guilted out of eating meat.

This movie had a black man tasered over a parking tickets and then him breaking out of jail and running over cops apparently killing them and then the black man burning down a town in essence and celebrating it because the inhabitants were rich. Way to go Disney, Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy: using a Star Wars movie to stoke racial and class tensions in a Star Wars movie. Makes me want to vomit.

I've never hated a movie until now. I hate this movie and can't stop thinking about how much I hate it.

Along with this negative review I will use my dollar votes to protest this abomination. I will spend no more money on Star Wars after this wretched movie. No more movie tickets, disks, greeting cards, toys, posters, memorabilia, nothing. Not one red cent.

Where does the next movie go? Looks like French Revolution. Rise up against male oppressors, against white oppressors, and against the rich oppressors.

You sicken me Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, and Rian Johnson.
January 21, 2018
This is an objectively bad story with objectively nice visuals. If it was anything but Star Wars, it would make nothing in the box office and be on DVD in a month.

Disney knew it would tank, which is why they forced all the theaters to show it for 4 weeks. Good luck trying that next time, Disney. Could you imagine Lucasfilm having to force theaters to show "Empire Strikes Back" for 4 weeks? That just shows you -- despite what Disney says -- they have no faith in this film and know it is crap.

Google "Disney L.A. Times Blackout" if you want to see how this company operates, and then tell me if they have influence over critics.
½ January 21, 2018
TLJ Had some cool looking scenes, but the plot was garbage. I don't like what they did to Luke's character. Seems like a little more editing could have helped.
½ January 21, 2018
Too much feminist crap. Too many holes in he plot. Simplistic death of a "powerful" figure. The list goes on. If this is the new path of the franchise, The "New Hope" died and so should the franchise.
January 21, 2018
Great EFX terrible story line, and ignores logic, probability, and it's own reality to jam whatever story they were trying to tell....simply awful.....Worse than Phantom Menace.....
January 21, 2018
Rehashed writing, Bad lighting, not mysterious, Just seemed like nothing went into writing this movie just a cash grab from disney a star wars action film. Surviving outer space was stupid so was the girl laying by the open doors breathing where insulting to Sci Fi fans even tho Star Wars has never been Sci Fi they have never crossed the line as hard between science and Fantasy. R.I.P. Star Wars they should have called it Star Wars No Hope. I won't see another in a theater. The only complaint i Have about Rouge One is the lord of the rings bad guy. Disney new slogan "If you can't beat them buy them and destroy their franchise"
January 21, 2018
GREAT! Didn't quite buy the Mary Poppins Leia, but loved the movie!!!!
January 21, 2018
its what you expect from a star wars film action
½ January 21, 2018
the most dissapointing movie of star wars ever thank you disney
January 21, 2018
Dont bother... over hyped Disney reboot film that borrowed the Star wars name and characters. The Story, the plot holes, the timeline, the action, the characters, the dialog, the writing, the fighting, the plot, the adding of over the top new powers, physics and reality (star wars universe), the terrible and bad timed jokes and sjw themes thrown at us all the way (that disney its self is guilty of). How on earth does a film like this get made with no one to say "hold on there is no common sense in this whole thing."
January 21, 2018
Bold, fearless, thrilling and with a great literary load.
#SaveBenSolo
January 21, 2018
Not perfect. But highly entertaining.
Page 1 of 1943