Stark Raving Mad Reviews

• Nov 17, 2018

Great film, great cast, as addictive as the fast and the furious.

Great film, great cast, as addictive as the fast and the furious.

• Aug 07, 2015

Spoiler filled review Bank Robbers come in many different shapes and sizes. Attitudes, Personalities and even Seann William Scott styles. Keep this in mind. The beginning scene had me into this movie from the get go. I mean, anyone that flips off a wild-eyed lion to his face has the respect of me to give them my attention for at least 30 minutes. This movie is what would happen to Ferris Bueller if he had gone down the wrong path and became a bank Robber. There are any similarities between the two movies. Obviously Ben (Seann William Scott) would be playing Ferris. The man with all the answers. Constantly talking to the audience in a fashion that made me want to smack the remote out of his hand and yell out â??Stop pausing the movie! And stop talkingâ??!!â??. Playing the part of Cameron is no other than the lousy sidekick Ricky (Timm Sharp). Loser-ville is where he resides but in great fashion comes through one time in an awesome speech that reveals a â??Title Drop!â?? Who was Ferrisâ??s arch nemesis? Principal Rooney. Played by the part by Gregory (Lou Diamond Phillips). Always into Benâ??s business and never trusting what he is saying. Yeah, itâ??s a stretch but hey Iâ??m trying to make a connection here! Wait, go back to Gregory. Oh, Lou Diamond Phillips why did you agree to this part? I thought he looked ridiculous and I never bought the fact he was a bad guy. Was he supposed to be asian? It just came off crummy. I think it was the white wig of intimidation. With any bank robber movie you gotta have good crew. Kinda like The Movie Crew â?¢ but with less drugs, Epilepsy, and Asian-ness. The introduction to these characters drove me crazy. Again with the Remote Ben! Give it! I thought they all fit together pretty chaotically well. I was trying to figure out what the nerdy Jeffrey (Patrick Breen) had to bring to the table and I was rightâ?¦ Not much. I swear this guy could play the part of the Taxi-Robot from the original Total Recall movie. â??Next Stop, Straight to DVD!â??. Jake reminded of someone who would show up In a Kevin Smith movie. I donâ??t know if it was the acting or the weed but that was my impression. Betty was a Margaret Cho character that didnâ??t have the â??funnyâ?? of you guessed it, Margaret Cho. Put them together with a dash of Chinese Delivery Guy and you got a pretty decent group. Even though real life would have eaten their lunch, weâ??re talking movies here. Most of everything I took with a grain of salt. Everything except for 2 FBI agents taking down 2 crime gangs that were having a stand down. It just didnâ??t seem believable. Maybe because the old â??Kids In The Hallâ?? star Dave Foley was acting like an FBI agent? Or maybe it was just me. I didnâ??t buy it. The movie ends with a style that heavily reminded me of â??Risky Businessâ?? for some reason. I think it was the whole Narration over the stylized music and the relieving feeling of â??everythingâ??s gonna be all rightâ??. But mostly it had to be the music. Speaking of the soundtrackâ?¦ Iâ??m not a fan of club music but in this movie the music played a part in the storyline making the music play an important role. When the movie is finished it all comes down to whether I liked it or not. There wasnâ??t anything special about this movie. I never laughed out loud but I did chuckle to myself a couple of times. There were some funny moments but they were subtle and I really donâ??t know if it was on purpose. It had Nothing great, and nothing horrible. Although It had an ending Iâ??m fine with, I couldnâ??t help but feel that it was thrown together or rushed to a finish. It wouldnâ??t be a bad thing to watch this if it was given to youâ?¦ or watched it streaming on Netflix like I did. Comic Book Movie Bonus: Patrick Breen: Men In Black. Not much of a bonus but hey you get what you get! Nudity Bonus: Natassia Malthe - Stacie (17:00)(A)

• Jan 04, 2015

Personally loved the movie. I thought it was clever and unique. for a movie most have never heard of it is a good watch.

• Dec 22, 2013

My Favorite Action Film Is 1988's Die Hard.

My Favorite Action Film Is 1988's Die Hard.

• Dec 13, 2013

A pretty funny Seann William Scott movie....better watch out for those Orindinky birds

• Dec 07, 2013

Profanity was a little over used. But other than that, great movie. Lots of twists and turns, and a great ending.

• Mar 05, 2013

A lot of crazy things Happen.

A lot of crazy things Happen.

• Feb 07, 2013

The best movie with a great soundtrack.

The best movie with a great soundtrack.

• Sep 19, 2012

Stark Raving Bad. It's always a good idea to not lock or barricade the door when robbing a bank. Especially after the Chinese food delivery guy comes in, don't bother to remember even then. A ridiculous wanna-be comedy with terrible dialog and laughable lettering for the credits. The sex/safe drilling scene is epic, but other than that, steer clear.

• Jun 29, 2012