Starkweather Reviews

• Oct 27, 2014

It sets out to tell the story of Charles Starkweather (Brent Taylor) who is regarded as the first spree killer in America. Along with his girlfriend, Caril-Ann Fugate (Shannon Lucio), the film follows the pair as they set out in the cold killing ways leaving 11 dead bodies in their path. The problem I have is is that there doesnâ??t appear to be much of a story behind the killings. Charles is egged on by an imaginary cowboy (Lance Henriksen) who lurks in the shadows and talks down to the teenage killer much like an abusive father. Thatâ??s the motivation for the entire film â?? a shadow-lurking cowboy. Caril-Annâ??s motives are equally sparse. After Charles admits to making his first kill to impress her, she simply switches to doe-eye mode and claims itâ??s the sweetest thing anyoneâ??s ever done for her.

• Dec 11, 2012

• Oct 17, 2010

If you come into this film just looking for a good movie you will be greatly disappointed by the bad writing, bad acting and the under developed characters. However if you are a serial/mass killer buff who enjoys movies and books about famous serial killer you will probably enjoy this. The movie is actually pretty spot on about the killings. The only areas it falls short are in how they seem to breeze through the killings and on how they have an omniscient devil character speaking to Charlie. Overall this is basicly a lifetime movie and nothing more if you want a good lover killer movie watch natural born killers if you are big into serial killers watch this.

• May 21, 2010

Not a bad movie here, though you can't help but compare it with Badlands of course. Brent Lucio is no Martin Sheen and Shannon Lucio isn't Sissy Spacek, but both of them, especially Lucio, do a pretty good job. Too bad I can't say the same about the actors playing the cops, who seem to have based their porttrayal from the cops in the Dukes of Hazzard. Director Wener handles it all pretty good, though it does get a little repetitious for a while. The best thing about this one is the cinematography, also by the director. An interesting movie, though definitely not one to rush out and see.

• Aug 31, 2008

About a guy who goes on a killing spree with his girlfriend. It get's points for being based on a true story, but I've seen better.

• Aug 23, 2008

yeah well charles starkweather is my great uncle. my name is jeff starkweather. this moive sucked because they left things out and some parts of this moive are false and some are made to look worse then they are. dont belave me. im from lincoln and yes i am really related to him

• Sherry . Super Reviewer
    Apr 09, 2008

Its ok the acting isnt that gerat.

Its ok the acting isnt that gerat.

• Apr 09, 2008

• Jan 20, 2008

The charismatic serial killer Charles Starkweather and his 14-year old girfriend Caril-Ann, have influenced no less than four films. 'Badlands', 'Kalifornia', 'Natural Born Killers' and now this, an almost documentary account simply titled 'Starkweather'. The hyper-realistic treatment of the material takes the audience right back to the shocking truth.

• Dec 19, 2007

This movie was based on a true story. However, it portrays Charlie Starkweather inaccurately. The murder spree is probably correct, but as I understand it, he wasn't nearly as smart as the movie makes him out to be.