Subway Stories Reviews

• Aug 02, 2015

I would love to own this movie

I would love to own this movie

• Mar 12, 2011

HBO NYC invited subscribers to send them stories from the NY Subways. The result is a very entertaining anthology that captures the atmosphere of the world underground.

• Sep 03, 2009

Stories were nice, but the movie itself was not so special. If you got nothing better to watch, check this out. :)

• Leo L Super Reviewer
    Dec 07, 2008

Great movie with fascinating story plots and intriguing characters. Phenomenal cast. Worth seeing!

• Jun 13, 2008

Very uneven mix of ten stories, all focused around the New York subway system. Some stories are much better than others, but the concept is indeed an interesting one. Some fine performances, especially Christine Lahti, Bonnie Hunt and Rosie Perez.

• Oct 14, 2005

[url="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/subway_stories/dvd.php?select=1"][img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/20/126620.jpg[/img][/url] Real enough for me. Interesting. Fun to watch. I like the NYC subway.

• Feb 24, 2005

Best in Show: Gregory Hines One for the future: Laura Linney Stand-out scene: "Don't jump!" Brainer or no-brainer: Brainer Stands up to one viewing or repeated?: Repeated DVD commentary any good?: n/a TV An HBO special from 1997, this is a compendium of 10 short stories set on the New York subway. Sky TV in the UK brought out their own version of the idea two years later with 'Tube Tales', which I haven't seen, but the reports were decidedly mixed. Some top ranked directors are among the contributors; Jonathan and Ted Demme, Abel Ferrara and Bob Balalan for example, while the acting honours are taken by such luminaries as Gregory Hines, Laura Linney, Denis Leary, Christine Lahti, Anne Heche and Lili Taylor. Viewers were invited to submit their true-life tales of the subway and the results were whittled down into the ten stories. The beauty of the format is that if one particular story doesn't float your boat, the knowledge that, like a tube train, another will be along in a few minutes will keep you watching. The story in which Gregory Hines features (he is witness to a pregnant distressed woman contemplating suicide) 'Manhattan Miracle' was the best one for me, its poignany simplicity enthralling.

• Feb 09, 2005

Subway - Very fascinating. These are supposedly true stories, about real people underneath the greatest city in the world. Brings back memories of being in the subway when I would vacation there. It truly is a magical place. Human Stain - A great story, but if I were to explain the premise, you would think of it as over the top, but since it is so well done, it doesn't feel that way at all. People - Probably Pacino's best performance. This is very well written, and I have felt a lot of what he has felt. Outfoxed - Who knows how true this is? I doubt the top anchors are taking marching orders like the film claims, and obviously Fox is conservative. That is no secret, but they are almost a lone voice in the media, even if i disagree with a lot of it. Collateral - Starts slow, and the middle feels like it is on auto-pilot sometimes, but the ending was very satisfying.