Super Capers Reviews

• Jan 31, 2015

Everything in this movie is wrong and outdated jokes! :-\

Everything in this movie is wrong and outdated jokes! :-\

• Oct 06, 2013

Super Capers begins as a campy tribute to comic book heroes and their 1960s and '70s TV incarnations, but quickly descends into an ineptly paced, toothless lampoon of sci-fi and fantasy films. the trailer is better than the movie-what does that say?

• Sep 25, 2013

Not funny enough to make up for how bad it is. At least it was short.

Not funny enough to make up for how bad it is. At least it was short.

• Jan 22, 2013

This might be the most disappointing movie I've ever seen. I was very very very excited to see it. I love superheroes and I love the cast. But this film was simply terrible. It was beyond cheesy and just terribly written all around. How Ray Griggs got the people he did to agree to be in it, I'll never know. I wish this film had had a heart... And a brain... And really a full body transplant altogether.

• Nov 18, 2012

Literally 0 in tomatometer... WOW

Literally 0 in tomatometer... WOW

• Dec 11, 2011

This movie has an interesting concept but falls a bit short. Some funny parts, and some nice little references to other movies like music, sets, and other props.

• Nov 27, 2011

"Super Capers" is a made-for-video movie that somehow, inexplicably got a theatrical release playing to mostly empty houses where all of the jokes sound with a resounded thud made even worse by the emptiness. This cheap-looking, dull and lifeless spoof has the honor of being the worst film I've seen so far this year. The plot is convoluted, the cast is uninspired and even the alleged star cameos add little in the way of fun to the proceedings. In fact, anymore I get the feeling that there isn't anything Adam West wouldn't say to get his face out there. The movie is full of obvious and dumb jokes, less-than-stellar special effects are amateurish directing. It's obviously aimed at fanboys and re-teen boys, but it didn't have to feel like it was written by pre-teen boys. There were more laughs in last year's similarly themed "Superhero Movie", and that was pretty forgettable and lazy as well. At least the earlier film carried a "PG-13" rating and had some edge, unlike this generic and kid-friendly outing. It simply has no bite, and there for a while I was left wondering if it was going to even have an ending. The young cast is game enough, but they're not given anything to work with. It's the veterans, like Michael Rooker and Tom Sizemore that really should be embarrassed by their participation in this. There are plenty of laughs to be mined from the recent glut of superhero movies to be sure, and "Super Capers" manages to avoid every single one of them. This is a joyless film with a glaring lack of imagination.

• Nov 14, 2011

• Nov 12, 2011

There's a fine line between campy but fun & enjoyable and just plain stupid. This movie trips over that line far too often and ends up just plain asinine. I liked the super hero aspect. The characters with powers were cool enough. The remainder was just too silly to be enjoyed. Not worth your time.