Swing Vote Reviews

• Nov 17, 2018

Swing Vote follows Kevin Costner who holds the deciding vote for his district to determine the next President of the United States. The Republican candidate was played by Kelsey Grammer and the Democratic candidate was played by the late Dennis Hopper. The script was predictable but enjoyable to watch, it had a good premise with plenty of good intentions to do the right thing. It had an all star cast with George Lopez, Nathan Lane, Stanley Tucci, and many more. Overall it was a good movie, but not something I would watch again.

• Aug 10, 2018

Ok movie. Though it takes its unique premise on a formulaic path, it’s somewhat redeemed thanks to some well-blended political satire, heartwarming moments and one of Costner’s most grounded and strongest performances.

• Jan 28, 2017

Poor script and totally unrealistic storyline. Is it a comedy? Drama? Political Satire? No, none of these. It falls flat on all counts although Madeline Carroll deserves credit

• Dec 13, 2015

Guilty Pleasure Movie

Guilty Pleasure Movie

• Oct 04, 2015

In school, my history teacher showed the class a movie about conquering apathy called Swing Vote. Swing Vote is an all right film that doesn't live up to its full potential. The plot is very ridiculous and will never happened, but they tried their best to make it work, although it didn't convince me fully. Kevin Costner is very good in this, and so is newcomer Madeline Carroll which I do believe them as a father/daughter relationship, even though I've seen this type before. The beginning was a bit hard to sit through knowing what the father is like, as its jokes are clumsily done, and a bit mean-spirited at times. When it gets to the swing vote part, that's when the film gets better. It's got better jokes, better writing, and I was very interested to see where this is going. It could've been smarter, and the problems that both the father and daughter are going through that's not related to politics didn't seem developed that much and is more of an afterthought or just played for laughs. The political satire is not fully well done, but I give them credit for trying at least. Swing Vote could've been better, but just come off as mediocre and kind of forgettable.

• May 17, 2015

Occasionally offensive and emotionally deadbeat, Swing Vote is an almost toothless satire and bad drama.

• Aug 06, 2014

A drunken father becomes the deciding factor in a presidential election in this amusing comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously.

• Mar 29, 2014

beetje langdradig begin, maar daarna toch een erge sterke film!

beetje langdradig begin, maar daarna toch een erge sterke film!

• Nov 22, 2013

Very good movie! Kevin Costner is very comical to and can play the "dumb role" very well. Absolutely loved it and will watch again!

• Nov 19, 2013

Don't take it too seriously and you'll like it.

Don't take it too seriously and you'll like it.