Swingers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Swingers Reviews

January 26, 2017
What a surprise. It's simple but it's an honest and cleverly written look at the very relatable 20 something age. It's been done before but this still stood out as one of the better ones.
½ January 24, 2017
I saw this movie on Netflix and thought "Hey, that title is catchy." This film's script is the strong suit of this film, casting never hurts when Vince Vaughn is in it. He plays the usual flirty guy with a sense of humor. Swingers is a great comedy that is simple, yet funny and some very heartfelt moments that everyone should come to enjoy.
January 17, 2017
The early 90's setting was a great place to visit. Loved the retro video game segments. It was also entertaining to spend some time in 90's Vegas and Hollywood. But the acting was really cloying, so I'm overall pretty lukewarm on this supposed classic.
December 25, 2016
A fun and enjoyable film.
December 18, 2016
Swingers isn't terrible, but it is boring. If I wanted to listen to a man whine about a woman for 96 minutes, without interruption, I'd hang out with ZeBrain ;)
December 17, 2016
One of my top ten movies. I re-watch it at least twice a year.
October 17, 2016
Made me want to go out and start gambling or at least hangout with those guys for a little bit.
½ October 15, 2016
What a bizarre movie. I kind of hated it and kind of loved it. It was entertaining to see Vince Vaughn so young and also understand half the quotes my friends always use.
½ October 14, 2016
Easy to see why this one is a cult classic, its a very nostalgic type of film. However, it kinda reminded me of a flimsier Singles movie. Basically its a 90s throwback about dating and struggling to make it in LA from a guys perspective. Its filled with light laughs, but not a whole lot of plot and way too much-"its money man" lines. Theres a relatable but down and out main character and the charismatic Trent character played by Vince Vaughn will both keep your attention, altho the other characters dont really matter. Just shows you how important friends are and that with time the worst break-up heart ache passes.
Jess S.
October 12, 2016
So many quotable moments, this movie brings a cool vibe to any twenty something looking for their next phase in life. The young days of John Favreau and Vince Vaughn are highlighted here, with two hip dudes out on the town in search of ladies and a wild night life. I recommend this movie to any and everyone. "You're so money, you don't even know it."
½ October 7, 2016
16/09/04: Rewatched this classic start to finish, and was still as entertaining as when I first watched and had no idea what double down meant. May seem dated to the younger generation, but since chokers are coming back, there may be some semblance of fashion.
September 6, 2016
I thought this was going to be more of a "moment in time" snapshot of swing club culture in the mid-90s, but is much more of a depiction of single guys being single guys, blowing smoke about life, their own coolness and (especially) how to pick up women. A few fun mid-90s references (using The Club, as seen on TV, to secure your K-car), and a bit of period swing revival music, but most of it is pretty timeless--or will be as long as single men hang out together.
September 1, 2016
Loved this movie. Funny, moving well acted.
August 9, 2016
Anyone who reviews this movie bad, doesn't understand movies and needs to take a film class in college.
July 20, 2016
Aside from two song choices at the beginning that I didn't love, this movie is perfect. Everything is outstanding. It's funny. It has outstanding writing and script, and cinematography. The director does so well that he shows he's someone to watch out for. Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn shine with their outstanding chemistry and performances! I can't recommend too many movies as much as I do this one. It's on Netflix as I'm writing this, watch it immediately.
June 5, 2016
It's not you. It's me.

Mike is dramatically depressed after his long time girlfriend dumps him and almost immediately starts dating a new guy. Mike's best friend, Trent, tries to break Mike into the dating scenes and starts off in deep, but easy waters of Vegas. Mike quickly falls on his face. They return home and Trent continues to try and lift Mike's spirits and help him find happiness in a woman one way or another...

"I want you to be the guy in the 'R' rated movie."

Doug Liman, director of The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Go, Jumper, Edge of Tomorrow, Fair Game, and the upcoming Gambit as well as Edge of Tomorrow 2, delivers Swingers. The storyline for this picture is fun and funny in some ways. The writing is better than average and the characters are very well portrayed. The cast includes Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, Heather Graham, Ron Livingston, and Brooke Langton.

"I need to use the phone."

I randomly came across this on Netflix and decided to give it a viewing. I'm actually a little ashamed I had never seen this, but while this was entertaining, it wasn't a masterpiece or too worth going out of your way to see. I recommend seeing this once if nothing better is on.

"Vegas, baby! Vegas!"

Grade: C+
May 26, 2016
Swingers is just money baby! A fun coming of age type film where Jon Favreau deals with his complicated and sometimes depressing love life.
½ May 13, 2016
This is definitely a movie that carries a weird "vibe" as Vaughn's character would describe it. The story is very real-world, and I enjoyed the soundtrack immensely. There was some stuff that I definitely wonder about its need, but overall it was enjoyable. Most likely not a film I would give a second viewing. From an artistic standpoint, it's an interesting piece. I kind of felt that it brought a certain amount of depression in places that I wasn't a fan of (I'm fully aware that it means they were really communicating Mike's feelings very well), and there was some stuff that was perfectly placed. An intriguing movie carrying an atmosphere that is pretty unique.
½ May 5, 2016
Cleverly observed and believable, but the down side is a bit drawn out - if only more time had been given to the up times.
½ April 29, 2016
"Swingers" feels authentic and mostly due to a fine cast, but also due to its nicely paced and relateable storyline.